EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Picard in the mail. Overall very pleased. Package arrived in great shape. Like the corner protectors being added, and also the backing to the tray to make it less flimsy.

Picard himself looks fantastic. Swapped out the jacket for the vest right away.

One small problem though- my tricorder pouch is missing the magnet. Nanjin, is there any way I can get a replacement? I guess I could probably just use the one from my other Picard figure.

View attachment 538026
Check and see if the lose magnet is sticking onto something, like picard's pants or the tri. Look also in the box, otherwise I can send you a magnet by mail.

Check and see if the lose magnet is sticking onto something, like picard's pants or the tri. Look also in the box, otherwise I can send you a magnet by mail.
I can buy a magnet too if I know the right size. I kinda checked around and didn’t see it. I’ll look again when I’m home later. Not the biggest deal.

(just like you unfortunately still can't get figures to pull off a crossed arms pose).
Yeah, i made a custom Walter Sobchak (from Big Lebowski) and I had to dremel the body and inner arms at the elbow and the armpit to come close to a crossed arm posture, and it still didn't quite make it.

Pretty hard to do w/ 1:6

I examined this since 2017 when I produced the TOS Ent Chair.

Not going to explain the detail, just sit down on your chair and cross your leg and look at the following picture.

Examine your own body and you will see all the circled areas need to give way or change shapes inorder to do a cross leg posture. (I am talking about the thigh against thigh cross leg. Angle on knee cross leg is not difficult)

Therefore, it is NOT possible for action figures to have this posture even extending the hip joint wouldn't work (Simple and Easy body has hip joint extensions just like SHF and Mafex).

This is why there are statues.

Either you do it right or don't do it at all. The only way to have a non Toyish and natural looking cross leg posture is statue.

We can make the lower part of the body as One piece to make this natural.

Then we are doing hybrid like HT super posing figures that they had years ago.

Action figures have limitation. Expecting anything beyond the limitation is unrealistic. Only statue can satisfy your expectation.

I don't think I missed anything but the Nemesis Uniform suggestion mentioned else where in the thread.

View attachment 537963
Thank you for your kind explanation @nanjin I am aware of the limitations and not expecting the unrealistic. Keep up the good work. I'll still buy all (most) of the figures to support 1:6 Trek.

I considered this concept for the chair, a specially made body that has a “sitting” lower body
7898e9cdb1d96a243149b20e51249335.jpg

It may go fast. Mine said as of the 10th it was still waiting to get assigned to an airline in Shenzhen. Now it's in the US and scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday - that's 5 days from Shenzhen to my house.

While I have to wait for my US retailer to deliver, I increased my order to two Picards. Have the feeling this one has future grail status.

If there weren't so many other Trek figures in the pipeline I'd probably consider the same thing: one Picard seated in the chair in full uniform, and the other in his vest with phaser rifle.

Last edited:
Paid for mine on the 28th. Still patiently waiting on a shipped notification.

While I have to wait for my US retailer to deliver, I increased my order to two Picards. Have the feeling this one has future grail status.
I'm tempted to do that with most of the figures. Every character is someone's grail figure. Look at the response Janeway got, and the hype the Doctor is getting.

I'm tempted to do that with most of the figures. Every character is someone's grail figure. Look at the response Janeway got, and the hype the Doctor is getting.
Collect YOUR own version of Trek. Don't have to consider what other thinks Is about YOU not them.

So doing some further reading, due to Covid delays freight will take considerably longer as air freight needs to be full before it will depart to its destination which can take up to 10-15 days. If however it has not left after 30 days the item may be considered “lost” and the seller can be contacted. Hopefully exo-6 has some extra Picards up it’s sleeves lol.

So doing some further reading, due to Covid delays freight will take considerably longer as air freight needs to be full before it will depart to its destination which can take up to 10-15 days. If however it has not left after 30 days the item may be considered “lost” and the seller can be contacted. Hopefully exo-6 has some extra Picards up it’s sleeves lol.
Worst case scenario is to produce them. Some OT hours, thats all. This's the benefit of having an enclosed eco system. So far we only had one lost and eventually return to the factory.

Back