EXO-6 Star Trek “Picard” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. I’m not overly impressed with the figure. The outfit is really kind of plain and the figure doesn’t have much for accessories.

Plus I still haven’t watched season three in spite of hearing it’s good after the bad taste of the first two seasons.

"Good" doesn't even come close . . . I re-watched the entire season over the last week . . . it's AMAZING . . . and will help you forget seasons 1 & 2 ever existed (trust me!)

Season 3 of Picard is as enjoyable as everyone says. I absolutely loved it.
Preordered Picard and look forward to more from this series including Shaw, Seven, Vadic and especially Riker.
Although I am a little depressed we didn’t get Saavik and boy, do I want that McCoy. Hope September brings more preorders.

Going to hold off on this one a bit, to see if it grows on me more. Because right now it just looks like some angry old Asian dude.
He's not angry.

He's misunderstood.
Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

Since we're talking Picard S3 opinions. I agree it's better than s1 and S2. I'm about 2/3 of the way through more or less. They just rescued the latest character for Brent Spiner

There's two glaring things I don't like though - it suffers from small world syndrome. People cross paths way too frequently. It also leans way too much on "hey, we're all old now" I'm really digging old Riker though.

the whole thing leaves me with a twinge of sadness though, because they are so obviously slowly bringing the band back together, it feels like a capitulation of sorts. Picard has now become precisely what Patrick Stewart claimed he never wanted in coming back to the franchise.

While I am enjoying it, it also feels a little creatively empty in that way.

While I am enjoying it, it also feels a little creatively empty in that way.

While I enjoyed S3, I do think it relied heavily on nostalgia but there are some very well executed scenes and reveals that’ll leave you in awe. Among those there is a scene in the final episode between Jack and Picard that I thought was incredible. At the end of the day as at least it delivered a reunion that most wanted to see since the announcement of the series. I just wish the first two seasons were of equal quality.

Star Trek: Picard really just put a stink on TNG in my opinion. That’s the worst you can do with a revival of anything. Wait like twenty years to release it and then crap on the characters for like two seasons.

A third season to redeem it is a nice thought but still. That’s why I’ve had mixed feelings about watching it in spite of what I’ve heard. Also while I have a hard time bringing myself to want figures.

Star Trek: Picard really just put a stink on TNG in my opinion. That’s the worst you can do with a revival of anything. Wait like twenty years to release it and then crap on the characters for like two seasons.

A third season to redeem it is a nice thought but still. That’s why I’ve had mixed feelings about watching it in spite of what I’ve heard. Also while I have a hard time bringing myself to want figures.
The first two seasons were not good, but I am of the opinion they went way too hard into the fan-service with season three and that just wasn't any good either for entirely different reasons. They say you can't go home again for a reason.

I more or less liked how each of the first two seasons of Picard started with the first couple of episodes, but then they both way too quickly crashed and burned by the halfway points and never recovered.

I think in hindsight what would have been best is if we would have gotten a single limited event show reuniting the TNG cast. I think that’s what most people really wanted. Also ideally it would have happened maybe like ten years ago.

Instead we got a really poorly written, melodramatic Patrick Stewart vanity piece for two seasons.

It pains me to say that because I love the character of Jean-Luc Picard but the show we got was really quite bad with some memberberry moments thrown in to attempt to appease the fans but really wasn’t a good Star Trek show or continuation of the characters.

I found the first two seasons watchable enough, and there were some decent ideas sprinkled throughout, but the quality of the writing was just never as high as it should be. And the overly dark and edgy tone didn't seem to fit the character or the world of TNG that well.

The first two seasons were not good, but I am of the opinion they went way too hard into the fan-service with season three and that just wasn't any good either for entirely different reasons. They say you can't go home again for a reason.
All Good Things remains the best series finale of all the series IMO, it’s hard to top.

The fan service was definitely apparent but I appreciate the effort and thought behind it. Post 2005 the franchise has seemed to struggle and strayed from its roots. I believe Robert Meyer Burnett once mentioned that S3 was a love letter to the fans and a return of sorts to the Trek of yesterday.

This was a much more fulfilling sendoff vs. Nemesis, and the big reveal in episode 9 was just perfect.

Regarding Admiral Picard, the view on the bottom left really works for me, I think they captured his likeness (at least at that angle). I was hoping we would’ve received a tease of Riker by now so I could decide on whether I want to dive into this line or not. Those two are the only ones I’d consider.

The TNG line is an instant buy.

1694919832097.jpeg

PIC S3 is definitely great overall, though there were some weird decisions made. It’s just a shame PIC S1 and 2 were such a big waste of time and money.

S1 and 2 should’ve been made with more care like S3 so there’d be three good seasons to watch instead of two seasons to be forever skipped over.

I just can’t see the Admiral Picard figure being a huge seller. People are being a lot more selective these days due to room and budget. It’s not a version I imagine those aside from extremely diehard collectors and completionists would want. Odd choice when I think it’s obvious which figures collectors want to see.

IMG_2651.gif

For the Picard line, I would’ve thought the choice would be clear…

IMG_2653.gif

I still think Todd Stashwick, Commander/Captain Jeri Ryan will possibly be the two definitive characters that would be chosen from this franchise. John DeLance (Aged Q) would be another possible contender as well.

Back