Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know if they put any product on the hair but you might try some warm to slightly hot water on a cloth and see if perhaps some overzealous hair goop applicator got some hair infused product on the scalp. Maybe it will wipe off if softened.

Thanks for the advice.

Doing so allowed me to remove most of the specks (~85%), including the long lines. Most of them came out pretty quickly. I'm satisfied with that for now, and I'm sure the rest would come out more if I continued wiping/rubbing.

Penguin finally came in!
mypen1.jpg

Attachments

• mypen2.jpg
    mypen2.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 0
  • mypen3.jpg
    mypen3.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mypen4.jpg
    mypen4.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks good in some of these more recent pics.
I cancelled my order and am still glad I did, but I might wait and see if they do an improved second batch - or wait for the Mars version, I've waited this long and I would rather have a figure I'm happy with rather than one that irks me slightly [I regret not cancelling my Barbossa for example - the more I look at it the less I like it, but I modded it so now I wont be able to sell it].
I'm not looking for perfection of course, but I just have a gut feeling this one on the shelf would irk me after a while, and I have both of the 1/4 Neca Penguins which are [IMO] great representations of the character.
Still though, looks a lot better in recent pics and I am so glad so many people who were worried are now happy with the purchase.

I am going to be bold and say that I think this guy has a better likeness than the NECA versions which were the best option we had until now.

The sewer version has a great expression but is too caked under paint while the Mayor headsculpt was always too small and pointy and just off enough for me to get him in the end.

Last edited:
Passing on that Catwoman statue is a big regret of mine.

I don't buy statues but being 1:6 scale, that one perfectly displays with the Returns figures.

Same here. It was like $300 at a local shop for the longest time and by the time I hyped myself up to buy it, it was gone.

It does look amazing with the other 1/6 Returns figures ❤️

Added a very watered down light blackwash to around the eyes really adds in person. Already seen some horrific paint ups where he's called in white! 😂

It's a weird figure because it's a better looking figure in hand than pictures show. I've gone from being really miffed to actually really liking it. Heck at the price and the fact no company has done this I'm thankful.

1000027496.jpg

Mine finally arrived and I have to say that I friggin love it. Can't wait to see what Mars does, but I waited so long for someone to make the second-most iconic Batman Villain - Penguin. And despite all the grumbling, Eternal came through. Sure, I wish he looked a touch more menacing, but that body shape, the hair, the nose - friggin love it! Now, I just need to wait for the Keaton Batman reissue :)
IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpeg
    IMG_0619.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back