Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived and posed without any futzing. Skin color on the face is very pale compared to the hands. I will most likely switch out to the gloves anyway.

Attachments

• 20231013_190954.jpg
    20231013_190954.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231013_190131.jpg
    20231013_190131.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 0
boy, did I get a funny look when I asked for the stuff at the store considering I am “follicularly”challenged myself 🤓🤪
all kidding aside it does a good job of creating a greasy wet look & holding it

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
boy, did I get a funny look when I asked for the stuff at the store considering I am “follicularly”challenged myself 🤓🤪
all kidding aside it does a good job of creating a greasy wet look & holding it
Have you stuck a bit of white tac on the end of the cigarette holder?

I find the figure holds it just fine by simply poking it into the corner of his mouth.

Have you stuck a bit of white tac on the end of the cigarette holder?

I find the figure holds it just fine by simply poking it into the corner of his mouth.
yes it’s white tac
i need to remove some excess
i am worried about loosing that little sucker

Quick pic. Just opened. This makes for a wonderful sewer scene Penguin. Minimal mods are needed. I was pleasantly surprised at the hair. While not rooted all that great it has a stringy quality to it that is easily futzable. The hat is not really useable at all. The coat is decent but where this really shines is displayed with only the onesy.

I think I’ll apply a light gray wash on the head and hands, darken the area around his eyes and maybe repaint the eyes and add some glossy dribble under his mouth but really, if you didn’t want to mess with anything at all, he’d look just fine in the collection. Not remotely the train wreck he appeared to be early on.

IMG_2246.jpeg

I haven’t even had a chance to take that out yet but it looks great in pics. It would be fun to have a couple others, like the ”cute” umbrella, to use from time to time.
The handle is metal, so it has good weight to it. And yes, the other umbrellas would be great to have! Are you listening MARS? We need some pied Penguin action, lol

Mine came yesterday. While the figure for the most part looks quite excellent, the headsculpt has a serious issue.

There are little black specks and lines all over the top of his ostensibly bald dome. I'm not sure, but it looks to me like little pieces of the hair or fuzz that fell on the sculpt while the paint was being applied - so they got "glued" on by the paint as it dried. (A couple of longer lines in the upper right portion also make me think it's from the hair).

They seem completely embedded into the surface. I'm not sure scratching them out, rubbing hard enough, or scrubbing would remove them - and I'm afraid to even try, as I'm fairly certain that would damage the paintjob.

Hopefully the pictures convey the issue, but the white bald part is so reflective of the light that it's hard to get a proper sense of the specks in the camera.

Any advice? Based on pictures, it seems like no one else has had this issue. I just sent an e-mail to OneSixthKit, to see if he could send a replacement head.

PXL_20231014_185134747.MP.jpg

PXL_20231014_185128573.jpg

Mine came yesterday. While the figure for the most part looks quite excellent, the headsculpt has a serious issue.

There are little black specks and lines all over the top of his ostensibly bald dome. I'm not sure, but it looks to me like little pieces of the hair or fuzz that fell on the sculpt while the paint was being applied - so they got "glued" on by the paint as it dried. (A couple of longer lines in the upper right portion also make me think it's from the hair).

They seem completely embedded into the surface. I'm not sure scratching them out, rubbing hard enough, or scrubbing would remove them - and I'm afraid to even try, as I'm fairly certain that would damage the paintjob.

Hopefully the pictures convey the issue, but the white bald part is so reflective of the light that it's hard to get a proper sense of the specks in the camera.

Any advice? Based on pictures, it seems like no one else has had this issue. I just sent an e-mail to OneSixthKit, to see if he could send a replacement head.

View attachment 669214

View attachment 669215
I don’t know if they put any product on the hair but you might try some warm to slightly hot water on a cloth and see if perhaps some overzealous hair goop applicator got some hair infused product on the scalp. Maybe it will wipe off if softened.

View attachment 669214

View attachment 669215
I’m not sure if the pics are doing it justice in terms of the issue. However, from what I can see I actually quite like it - makes him look even more grimy and disgusting?

Back