Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put some double sided tape inside the hat, leaving the glossy white surface facing outwards to protect the sculpt from potential staining.

I took some new photos, but forgot to squish the hat back into the shape I originally had it.

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG

Hat looks great here with a little work.

I was going to get one of the Ebay hats before he arrived, but held off to see whether the Eternal one could be made to work since I knew that it was at least scaled to his head.

Pinching the hat at the sides just above the band pulls it into a uniform shape, and gives it a slightly tapered look so that it's wider at the top. It wouldn't be good enough to go with the mayor costume, but I think it's just right for a grubby sewer Penguin.

I was going to get one of the Ebay hats before he arrived, but held off to see whether the Eternal one could be made to work since I knew that it was at least scaled to his head.

Pinching the hat at the sides just above the band pulls it into a uniform shape, and gives it a slightly tapered look so that it's wider at the top. It wouldn't be good enough to go with the mayor costume, but I think it's just right for a grubby sewer Penguin.

Same, so I'm glad to see its workable.

Is there a seam line on the hat in back? Think it would be possible to tighten the material around the inner cylinder?

Where are people finding those awesome replacement hats?

Also, are people just adding paint around the eyes, or are they repainting the irises as well?

Yes, there's a very noticeable seam on the back.

You might be able to pull the material tighter if it could be separated from the crown.

I think a little surgery may be in my future. If the cylinder inside has the right reverse taper shape, pulling the material tight might solve the 'baggy' issue permanently.

Yes, there's a very noticeable seam on the back.

You might be able to pull the material tighter if it could be separated from the crown.
That's what I'm going to try, when I have time. Just need to see how they have the fabric stitched down, to the bottom of the stove pipe portion.

Oh dear...

Altarel Pop

11 m ·

Receiving the penguin and retouching the face and hair obligatory lol now we'll have to find a decent hat because the one provided is disgusting.

View attachment 669003
Great to see another figure proving what most of us have been saying for the last two weeks - with a slight wash you will see the details better and really bring out the Keaton sculpt. That one is probably the best Beetlejuice figures I have seen.

My figure arrived today.

I’ve got to echo what others have said: this figure looks MUCH better in-hand. Those first few online pics were awful and didn’t do it justice.

I took a few photos of the figure right out of the box. No touch-ups or photoshop, just a background and a bit of lighting, and I think it looks fantastic.

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

IMG_5038.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

However, sadly on my figure there is a very noticeable paint flaw on the face that has overall made this a disappointment for me. I can’t unsee it at all now and it’s kinda ruined the figure for me. Some of the surface paint on the silicone headsculpt seems to have chipped or rubbed off or something.

It’s not really noticeable in the photos with the lighting, but in person, it really stands out.

IMG_4962.jpeg

I’m gutted, as this would’ve been an excellent figure otherwise. 😔

Back