Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why people argue about whether HT is better than EB or vice versa. These 2 companies are competing in the 1/6 figure market, yes, but with different products. If you want an Iron Man figure, you have to buy HT, not EB. If you want a Batman figure, you have to buy HT, not EB. If you want a Jack Bauer figure, you have to buy EB, not HT. You get my point....

Pretty much if you want most figure-worthy licenses you look to HT not Enterbay - and if you want figures to be released before you've completely lost any interest you originally had you look to HT not Enterbay.

That said, this figure does look incredible. Its just....its Bruce Lee again.

Their first Bruce Lee GOD is a big disappointment. HUGE difference from prototype.

FOF is a disappointment too. Despite the much lauded 5000 edition size it took forever to sell off and ETB had to repackaged it a second time to clear the leftover.

Actually, all their Bruce Lee look really good in the proto but the final product has some unexcuseable flaws when taking the price they were asking for into account. The WOTD has huge bug eyes. The ETD ver. A and B are notorious for badly painted eyebrows, and BL seems to be blushing. FOF just isn't up the benchmark set by HT.

The best I have ever seen from ETB is still Jack Bauer and that one can still hold a candle to any HT.

:lecture

agreed on all points.

Except that I havent yet owned or handled a bauer fig, so Im not too sure bout the last statement.

BUT, having handled and owned almost all of EB's bruce figs, I have to admit that the cons you brought up there is accurate.

That is funny, cause why is people thinking that HT is trying to kill the competition? Just because HT is the bigger and more successful company? It's funny how HT is suddenly like Walmart.

HT still remains as one of the more feedback receptive companies out there. How many countless times has HT changed a product due to fans feedback?

To be fair, just two years ago, ETB was poise to take on HT head on, evident during the Godfather wars. JUst that ETB made some bad calls along the way and now falling far behind.

I think ETB wants to get more license. They probably do not have the resources to do so. I mean, they already lost a factory. A few licences are already going to waste and not generating any revenue for them and most likely, until they can get back on their feet, they just can't dedicated that much time and manpower to multiple licenses at one go.

there are quite a few members on this forum who still insist that ht doesn't listen to customer feedback, and any changes are either coincidental or were being implemented internally anyway. the alien figure was a good example. personally i get the feeling they DO pick up on what fans say, and try to improve their output.

as for the whole competition thing, i think it's in everyone's best interest if enterbay keeps on being a profitable enterprise. this sort of healthy business competition can only benefits us, the collectors. because they'll keep each other on their respective toes in terms of the product quality. i feel that the current slump in eb's output is only temporary. it HAS to be, or else if they don't get their act together, they'll go out of business.

Ok, so it is a dummy body. Still, I am getting both the Enterbay and Hot Toys Bruce. And I am hoping for a newer version of Way of the Dragon, those are my 3 favorite Bruce Lee movies.

I have the FOF and Kato and they look incredible. All the Hot Toys I own also look incredible. So I expect both to put out great products.

Why are some people so keen for this figure to fail?

It's early days, we have only had a few pictures, and so far I'm pretty excited at what this figure could be capable of.

Most likely HT fanboys who want the DX04 to be king. Sorry but Bruce Lee is Enterbay's, and always will be. Leave the other licenses to HT.

It's no dummy!

Whoah. Ok. One guy just said in the thread that he read that the CEO of Enterbay said it was not the final body. Now you say it is. But whatever it is, I'M getting it.

I would not be surpirsed if it was a whole rubber body like that though. I have seen a full rubber female body that could do some pretty good posing and it also looked very good. Don't know how durable it is though.

Whoah. Ok. One guy just said in the thread that he read that the CEO of Enterbay said it was not the final body. Now you say it is. But whatever it is, I'M getting it.

I would not be surpirsed if it was a whole rubber body like that though. I have seen a full rubber female body that could do some pretty good posing and it also looked very good. Don't know how durable it is though.

i dont see the point of a full rubber body on this one though since i dont think anyone would display it without the jumpsuit on .

looks very nice and natural. Almost lifelike. Better than HT body too I think.

The posture of this is very much like Bruce Lee Big Boss!!! Not the head!

Like i have been saying many times,EB doesn't seem to care about the competition like HT do,they just make what they want and have fun with it.

And like I've been saying: Enterbay is a BUSINESS entity. Saying Enterbay doesn't care is as absurd as saying Rockwell Automation doesn't care about their competition because they're just simply having fun creating automation systems. A business entity's GOAL is always the bottomline, not having fun (that's extra). Think about it. Enterbay has stakeholders, employees, etc. They'll need production because they need something to pay their stakeholders and employees with much more than happy thoughts. You don't go to the board meeting and say:

"Hi, our business did not do well this past quarter, and we've experienced delay with our upcoming products. We're also getting complaints about some of our products' defects. One of our top artists has also left. But the good news is, that's all inconsequential because we're all having fun creating our products, and we will do so until we fold up. Everyone agree? Good. Meeting adjourned."

Last edited:
Grown men arguing about what doll company is better. grow the ____ up and get a life.

Im not one of those HT fan boys, but how can you honestly compare EB with HT? The mass amounts of diverse products put out by HT is amazing. EB seems to have only a handfull of products and seem to pu out a different Lee figure every few months.

Back