Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely HT fanboys who want the DX04 to be king. Sorry but Bruce Lee is Enterbay's, and always will be. Leave the other licenses to HT.

Have Enterbay and HT both the sole rights to produce the Bruce figures? Or is this decided 'on a per figure case' by the Lee family?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-2sTawLSNUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-2sTawLSNUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Have Enterbay and HT both the sole rights to produce the Bruce figures? Or is this decided 'on a per figure case' by the Lee family?

Good question; I'm sure some licensing clauses are within the contract...what can be made, approval and many other legal tanglings. No one here can give you a legitimate answer most likely, but I will think there's some sort of contract, with length and many other variables we will never account for.

I for one just hope the 1/6th scale Game of Death figure comes out:
39531_450090847556_52274677556_5218070_8246620_n.jpg

This is a beauty, potentially.

Good question; I'm sure some licensing clauses are within the contract...what can be made, approval and many other legal tanglings. No one here can give you a legitimate answer most likely, but I will think there's some sort of contract, with length and many other variables we will never account for.

I for one just hope the 1/6th scale Game of Death figure comes out:
39531_450090847556_52274677556_5218070_8246620_n.jpg

This is a beauty, potentially.

Ditto. THE Enterbay GOD version is going for ridiculous prices on Ebay. Hopefully Hot toys are going to relase more 'Bruce' figures after Enter the Dragon

Ditto. THE Enterbay GOD version is going for ridiculous prices on Ebay. Hopefully Hot toys are going to relase more 'Bruce' figures after Enter the Dragon

I just want one; that one pic above. And if it looks just like that -- IT'S A MUST! I'm hoping it gets released next year [2011] Feb., or there after...too many cool things being released now.

Is this up for pre-order yet? And are Enterbay's figures roughly same price as HT?

I had a chat with Bill from Enterbay some days back and he said that this would be Enterbay's FIRST FULL RUBBER BODY Bruce Lee, so I said that means a whole lot of problems for the figure as rubber bodies are any collector's nightmare to maintain. He said thats why its taking time as they are rigorously testing it. Im sorry I chatted on Facebook so dont really have the conversation saved.

All i gathered was that I have to let go on the idea of preordering this figure. I JUST cant deal with rubber bodies...

I had a chat with Bill from Enterbay some days back and he said that this would be Enterbay's FIRST FULL RUBBER BODY Bruce Lee, so I said that means a whole lot of problems for the figure as rubber bodies are any collector's nightmare to maintain. He said thats why its taking time as they are rigorously testing it. Im sorry I chatted on Facebook so dont really have the conversation saved.

All i gathered was that I have to let go on the idea of preordering this figure. I JUST cant deal with rubber bodies...

BRING IT!!!!

:rock :rock :rock

AWESOME! I was really hoping this will be a full rubber body.
Seriously cant wait for this figure!

A lot of people are going to be disappointed...

People, stop believing the Enterbay Prototype hype, they never deliver. If they do, I'll eat my words.

They delivered with all their other Bruce Lees.
:dunno

Not really the original GoD looked NOTHING like the proto, Way of The Dragon inherently looked weird with his anime style eyes, EtD A & B had a bad blushing paintjob but were much better than their previous proto to product shortcomings. They came closest to their protos with the Fist of Fury and actually the best Bruce Lee in a way was Kato. Accurate to the Proto in all terms...

Not really the original GoD looked NOTHING like the proto, Way of The Dragon inherently looked weird with his anime style eyes, EtD A & B had a bad blushing paintjob but were much better than their previous proto to product shortcomings. They came closest to their protos with the Fist of Fury and actually the best Bruce Lee in a way was Kato. Accurate to the Proto in all terms...

You shouldn't forget that their GOD and WOD was years agoo,when they were ahead of HT in quality,HT figures back then looked just as toyish.Would HT's Bruce Lee look as good back then as it does now?No because they hadn't come as far as they are today.

You shouldn't forget that their GOD and WOD was years agoo,when they were ahead of HT in quality,HT figures back then looked just as toyish.Would HT's Bruce Lee look as good back then as it does now?No because they hadn't come as far as they are today.

No Rock I do remember that, and believe me Im a BIG fan of Enterbay but also NOT a Hot Toys Bruce Lee hater. Ive envied your EB collection for sometime now and I hope you can help me with some recommendation which I posted on the Official Enterbay Bruce Lee thread

However GoD and WoD do look dated now since all the advancement of techniques that have developed over the years. However I would beg to differ about the BL's being way ahead of HT in quality during 2006. The BLs looked revolutionary because of the minute details from the little laces on the shoes to the Wooden Pagoda Diorama but honestly even you know that in the final figure the paint job was pretty ordinary and HT's paint was at par if not better at that point.

What I meant by my comparisons was that when it came to true Bruce Lee likeness it has only come with more modern releases, a lot of people say that EtD ver A has the best likeness and I beg to differ. Also similarly it has only been with modern releases that Enterbay's final products have actually resembled their protos much closely, thats why I said that whole para to illustrate my point, not to hate on Enterbay :)

Last edited:
No Rock I do remember that, and believe me Im a BIG fan of Enterbay but also NOT a Hot Toys Bruce Lee hater. Ive envied your EB collection for sometime now and I hope you can help me with some recommendation which I posted on the Official Enterbay Bruce Lee thread

However GoD and WoD do look dated now since all the advancement of techniques that have developed over the years. However I would beg to differ about the BL's being way ahead of HT in quality during 2006. The BLs looked revolutionary because of the minute details from the little laces on the shoes to the Wooden Pagoda Diorama but honestly even you know that in the final figure the paint job was pretty ordinary and HT's paint was at par if not better at that point.

What I meant by my comparisons was that when it came to true Bruce Lee likeness it has only come with more modern releases, a lot of people say that EtD ver A has the best likeness and I beg to differ. Also similarly it has only been with modern releases that Enterbay's final products have actually resembled their protos much closely, thats why I said that whole para to illustrate my point, not to hate on Enterbay :)

I think WOD still looks as good today as it was back then and is still as good as HTs current standard.

Which HT figures were on par with the WOD back then exactly?
Im also one who thinks ETD A has the best likeness.

Back