Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abake said:
This is one of those threads that needs to be shut down...
Sorry about your mother in law.
It doesn't need to be shut down. People just need to stop making assumptions about the personal lives of others based on posts in a discussion forum about freakin' toys.

Thanks, though. :)

I'm not blown away by these figures in any way... but I will probably pick up the backpack guy. I just want one of each type of Rebel. Empire troops look better in groups and I like their costumes more. The Endor costume was never particularly exciting, so I kind of expected it to be kinda....blah....:lol

I will give them props on giving us a nice variety of accessories, though. Gives me hope in regards to the Stormtroopers and Clones.... they could have a damaged trooper, a clean trooper and maybe one with entirely different gear....

It's gonna be exciting when they finally get to them. :chew

Good point, DarkArtist. That is the one very promising thing here. If we're getting this kind of variety and different accessories for Endor Rebels of all things I can only imagine what SSC might do with something like the Clone Troopers. :monkey5

So what would all the different (good guy) rebel/non-armor milirary troopers be?

You'd have:
PT
TPM
Naboo guards
Naboo pilots
Royal Guards (blue ones)
Gungan soldiers

ATOC
-Can't think of any

ROTS
-Drawing a blank again

OT
ANH
Rebel trooper (Tantive)
X-Wing Pilots

ESB
Hoth troopers
Snowspeeder Pilots
Bespin Guards (maybe?)

ROTJ
Endor Soldiers

Thats what I could come up with off the top of my head... any others? I think if they were to make versions of all of these, I'd probably stay away from the PT, but pick and choose the OT ones.

IrishJedi said:
Good point, DarkArtist. That is the one very promising thing here. If we're getting this kind of variety and different accessories for Endor Rebels of all things I can only imagine what SSC might do with something like the Clone Troopers. :monkey5

Yeah, that's what I am thinking... cause I don't remember this much variety with the Endor guys... So, if they are able to make it fresh here... I cannot imagine how cool the clones will be!

That is gonna be one painful set of preorders.... guaranteed. My wallet will bleed heavily.... :lol

All three are white dudes!!!!!!

Where da bruthas at?

It's time to get militant on their a$$es......

White Devil crackas at Sideshow!!!!

:D

I seemed to have missed the announcement that Sideshow has aquired the GI Joe line. :lol :lol :lol

I like the idea of having three different rebels. It beats having to customize other figures as opposed to having three "clone" endor rebels so to speak. Interesting if they are based on sideshow personel. Not sure how I feel about that, if anything at all, but I imagine the "it doesn't look like him" thread will be a bit shorter. :lol :rolleyes:

If they are truly $59.99 each, I am interested in why. It would certainly put a dent in the R&D for Plo Koon explanation and lead us to believe we're looking at an overall price hike for figures. A group price for these would certainly be nice.

With all that said...

PASS

PASS

and

PASS.

These figures hold no interest for me.

Booyah! said:

Where da bruthas at?

Why didnt they make any bruthas???????
Dusty? You dont like the bruthas????????:rotfl :rotfl

galactiboy said:
So what would all the different (good guy) rebel/non-armor milirary troopers be?

You'd have:
PT
TPM
Naboo guards
Naboo pilots
Royal Guards (blue ones)

ATOC
-Can't think of any

ROTS
-Drawing a blank again

OT
ANH
Rebel trooper (Tantive)
X-Wing Pilots

ESB
Hoth troopers
Snowspeeder Pilots
Bespin Guards (maybe?)

ROTJ
Endor Soldiers

Thats what I could come up with off the top of my head... any others? I think if they were to make versions of all of these, I'd probably stay away from the PT, but pick and choose the OT ones.

ROTJ
Endor Soldiers
B-Wing Pilots
A-Wing Pilots
Y-Wing Pilots

And there's several more variations of the Naboo people as well. There's the Naboo Guards that where Panaka clothing, Standard guard, and then the royal guard (in red leather). Then there's the pilots with their coats.

Coheteboy said:
ROTJ
Endor Soldiers
B-Wing Pilots
A-Wing Pilots
Y-Wing Pilots

Good one, forgot about those guys! Some cool looking outfits... not sure if I'd need them though :D

Booyah! said:

Where da bruthas at?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Even Hasbro has one white and one black Endor trooper coming out for their 3 3/4 line! Hopefully we'll get the Asian Rebel pilot (from ANH Y-Wing??) so we can have a rainbow rebel coalition! :D :D :D

The above is a joke before we all get racist here. :D :cool:

Darth didn't you get out of this line? So aren't they all passes? :lol

LOTRFan said:
I sure didn't come across as a "joke" to me, I read it as, just another defense of SS whatever the reason. Some people (and rightfully so) are upset that the figures have taken such an upward move, to compare these with the PF line or any other product isn't really the issue at all. Fact is, these began selling for much cheaper than they are now, and it is hard to justify the new price in a lot of collector's minds/wallets for a trio of third string characters. I was pointing out that you should watch how you communicate your opinion, we are not all a) used to shelling out this much money for "toys," or b) happy about it.

:peace

Well, I can't help out it came across to anyone. As far as the just another defense to what SS does. God, So freaking sick of that crap. My feeling is that hey they are $60 bucks. You are either gonna buy it or not. The prices have gone up. It's one of those you just have to deal with it. If the new standard price is $60 then why should it be cheaper for someone who doesn't have a name?

As far as what I said and watching it. I'll speak my mind and try not to step on toes but if I do then hey that's life. I'm not gonna go walking on eggshells just because I might hurt someones feelings.

jlcmsu said:
Darth didn't you get out of this line? So aren't they all passes? :lol

Yup, I'm out.:D I was very gung ho as a completist initially, but these just really aren't for me as it turns out. Something may really grab me down the road though, clone, stormie, Jango, who knows? I still like to see what's happening with the line and throw out my two cents.:cool:

Darth Rage said:
Yup, I'm out.:D I was very gung ho as a completist initially, but these just really aren't for me as it turns out. Something may really grab me down the road though, clone, stormie, Jango, who knows? I still like to see what's happening with the line and throw out my two cents.:cool:

Ok cool. :)

IrishJedi said:

All the people who are tired of the amount of Jedi released so far have seen nothing yet. Once the first Clone Trooper molds are tooled expect 2 or 3 a month until the license runs out and little else :rolleyes:

bcm77 said:
All the people who are tired of the amount of Jedi released so far have seen nothing yet. Once the first Clone Trooper molds are tooled expect 2 or 3 a month until the license runs out and little else :rolleyes:

I can see the release schedule for the first half of that year now
January- AOTC white clone and ROTS 501st Trooper
February - AOTC yellow clone and ROTS Shocktrooper
March - AOTC red clone and ROTS Utaupa Trooper
April - AOTC green clone and ROTS grey Trooper
May - AOTC blue clone and ROTS white clone
June - AOTC Gunnship pilot clone and ROTS Commander Gree

Then from July - December we will get Commander Cody, Bacara and Bly, Kayyshek Clone, Galactic Marine, and ARC troopers Red and blue

I'm really shocked at all the negativity surrounding these figures. Endor Soldiers appeared in Return of the Jedi, hence why Sideshow is making them.
If you're a completist, then you only have yourself to blame for wanting everything Sideshow Star Wars 12" but these three. If you don't like the choice, then say so and move on, stop reiterating your dislike, you're never convincing those that like them. If they look like nothing more then "GI Joes" then blame Lucasfilm for the designs.
And Sideshow said they were making Troops from all the movies and possibly EU from the very start of this line, and that they were going to figure out troop building options. These figures are exactly what we all expected from them.
Apparently all those that have a bellyache expected ****ing strormtroopers or clones as the first troopers. Have patience, they'll get around to making them soon enough.

Personally I think they all look great and I hope I can afford all three of them when they start shipping. I'd also like Sideshow to give a discount if you order all three. That I'd like more then any exclusive accessory.

jlcmsu said:
Well, I can't help out it came across to anyone. As far as the just another defense to what SS does. God, So freaking sick of that crap. My feeling is that hey they are $60 bucks. You are either gonna buy it or not. The prices have gone up. It's one of those you just have to deal with it. If the new standard price is $60 then why should it be cheaper for someone who doesn't have a name?

As far as what I said and watching it. I'll speak my mind and try not to step on toes but if I do then hey that's life. I'm not gonna go walking on eggshells just because I might hurt someones feelings.

Being the one who originally made the price hike statement, I just matter of factly mentioned that these three figures confirm the price increase. I didn't say it was bad or good. There is no R&D argument to try and rationalize it. It's just a fact that we, who collect the line, have to live with and make our decisions accordingly.

Personally, when I post I try to respect the collective viewpoints. I don't view it as walking on eggshells, just common courtesy.

Besides, I just feel honored that after all these years being on the Freak Board, that I was FINALLY part of one of your signature multiple quote postings. Today is a good day. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

darthviper107 said:
I have to say--I really don't want these figures--not in the least, and especially not 3 of them

No kidding.. Are these really the next release? Total pass for me... what a letdown.

IrishJedi said:
Perhaps you missed all of the hoopla when it was announced that Lucasfilm is requiring all licensees to package product in 2007 with the Special SW30 Anniversary Logo and packaging.

p6_sw30_bg.jpg

And the 30th Anniversary has meant something for quite a while, as LFL has been pointing toward it as a cool year for SW (particular ANH, which is the film that is turning 30) since at least 2002. And certainly SSC should have known about it well before they even got the license.

Well that would make me wrong wouldn't it :lol ? I guess I'm not as big of a SW dork as i appear to be. I know, I know, I'm a poser.

Back