Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
Everyone is trying to make the correlation between new releases and the anny of ANH. When did a 30 year anniversery ever mean anything? Unless you're GL trying to milk every penny out of your product. They just recently announced the new Celebration. These figures have most likely been in the works for about 8 months, well before C 4 was announced.

Perhaps you missed all of the hoopla when it was announced that Lucasfilm is requiring all licensees to package product in 2007 with the Special SW30 Anniversary Logo and packaging.

p6_sw30_bg.jpg

And the 30th Anniversary has meant something for quite a while, as LFL has been pointing toward it as a cool year for SW (particular ANH, which is the film that is turning 30) since at least 2002. And certainly SSC should have known about it well before they even got the license.

Do you know, he says feeling like a bit of a turncoat, having kept checking out the pics I think I'm gonna get all of these after all.

I still stand by my ascertation that based on the news we have at the moment it does seem a very strange thing to do. But...it's not $180.00 all at once it's spread over three months. Given that most of you have had 4 figures this month and survived I'm sure this is doable even if SSC release a 'most wanted' figure in the same month.

I think that this is SSC thinking that there's probably going to be delays with Jabba and these will 'fill the gap' nicely instead of however long without any product coming out.

Still, we'll have official word in the newsletter tonight (probably) so we'll see what the score is then.

I wouldn't expect any 'deal' for the set though - seriously, why should they?

Also despite all the pissing and moaning I bet you that we'll all be there, as usual, on PPO day or whatever ordering these buggers.

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:
abstractharmony said:
Also despite all the pissing and moaning I bet you that we'll all be there, as usual, on PPO day or whatever ordering these buggers.
I'll take you up on this bet.

Easy money, baby. :monkey5

I think alot of people will see these and get all 3 just to have a complete collection but it would have been more cooler to have a fleet, hoth, and endor trooper for 3 months in a row but I will happily get all 3. I guess Im just a sucker.

abstractharmony said:

Not that im pissing and moaning, but I say put your money where your mouth is bub. lets do this...how much you want to put down on this?

If you want to make ignorant assumptions, i'd love the opportunity to prove you wrong.

LOTRFan said:
Josh, that was cheap; you should watch yourself - $180 + shipping for very minor characters is steep, no matter how you slice it.

It was cheap and I should watch myself? :rolleyes: If that smartass joke bothered anyone then I'm sorry but get some thicker skin. Nobody says that you have to buy all three. $180 is still just barely more than say 1 Medicom or SSW Statue. It's also less than any SW PF piece. So yes nearly $200 is a decent chunk of change most have already spent that on other characters twice over. Minor or not.

Cheesus said:
While true for any business, so far I think the majority of Star Wars SS collectors have been offered figures that have excited us and made us WANT to become completists for this line. Everything so far as been so damn cool!

That build a type of loyalty and word-of-mouth marketing that is very difficult to accomplish in any other way.

What's more, it seems like the decision to continue to offer either exciting and or otherwise attainable choices is TRIVIAL and LESS WORK vs. the alternative.

In this case, the easiest solution would have been to announce just ONE Endor soldier. I think we'd heard some grumblings about the choice but nothing like this, especially if we assume some sort of limited edition exclusive is involved either for the set or for each figure.

While I'd hate to paint all completists with a wide brush, based on my experience with action figures, comic books, and cards, many have an "all or nothing" attitude and would rather drop the line than live with "holes" in their collections.

If there is no limited edition and/or the price of the figures is relatively cheap ($90 for the set), I think a major problem can be averted. But either seems like a very strange business decision vs. what seems to have been a very successful formula so far.

It's an odd choice but if these are made now or made later. People would pass most likely and still have holes. So IMO the point is moot. Also just because completist collect this line doesn't mean AB should get left out too.

nash said:
Not that im pissing and moaning, but I say put your money where your mouth is bub. lets do this...how much you want to put down on this?

If you want to make ignorant assumptions, i'd love the opportunity to prove you wrong.

Well I am pissing and moaning about this, but I'll still take abstract up on his "bet". :maul

Of all the many troop types Sideshow go for arguably the dullest looking ones first. The Endor Rebels look nicely done but surely a couple of Tantive IV Rebels and a Stormtrooper would have been a more fitting start to the Military line and the revelation of these 3 figures leads me to wonder whether Sideshow's plans for the ANH 30th Anniversary will be worth the wait. Counting these 3 there's 7 or 8 figures that are already set for release next year and NONE are from the film that started it all. At this rate we'll be lucky if we get more than a couple of figures from ANH that actually ship in 2007. The one good thing about these generic troop figures is that I'll save some cash.

nash said:

I'm going to say this once my friend - you need to get some help. Seriously!

If this is how you and IJ react to a discussion about toys I'd hate to see you dealing (or not) with a real life crisis.

Jeez...get a life won't you?

A cursory read of the entire original post should make it very clear that it was an off the cuff remark or maybe I should have used a smiley? I'll tell you what - I'll go back and put one in just for you.

:rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
It was cheap and I should watch myself? :rolleyes: If that smartass joke bothered anyone then I'm sorry but get some thicker skin. Nobody says that you have to buy all three. $180 is still just barely more than say 1 Medicom or SSW Statue. It's also less than any SW PF piece. So yes nearly $200 is a decent chunk of change most have already spent that on other characters twice over. Minor or not.

I sure didn't come across as a "joke" to me, I read it as, just another defense of SS whatever the reason. Some people (and rightfully so) are upset that the figures have taken such an upward move, to compare these with the PF line or any other product isn't really the issue at all. Fact is, these began selling for much cheaper than they are now, and it is hard to justify the new price in a lot of collector's minds/wallets for a trio of third string characters. I was pointing out that you should watch how you communicate your opinion, we are not all a) used to shelling out this much money for "toys," or b) happy about it.

:peace

LOTRFan said:
I sure didn't come across as a "joke" to me, I read it as, just another defense of SS whatever the reason. Some people (and rightfully so) are upset that the figures have taken such an upward move, to compare these with the PF line or any other product isn't really the issue at all. Fact is, these began selling for much cheaper than they are now, and it is hard to justify the new price in a lot of collector's minds/wallets for a trio of third string characters. I was pointing out that you should watch how you communicate your opinion, we are not all a) used to shelling out this much money for "toys," or b) happy about it.

:peace

I agree with your Post! I don't know why SS keeps increasing the prices for every new 12" toy. You'd think the generic military figures would cost less! :rolleyes:

Like everyone else, I'd love the prices on all the figures to remain at $49.99. Who wouldn't? But they're not. Why? Because I'll pay more.

I do wish that Sideshow would give out more coupons though, like they used to.

Wor-Gar said:
Like everyone else, I'd love the prices on all the figures to remain at $49.99. Who wouldn't? But they're not. Why? Because I'll pay more.

I do wish that Sideshow would give out more coupons though, like they used to.

Don't worry, there is an upcoming Collector's Rewards program. :lol

Seriously though, why would they give out coupons!? They are making a killing on these. They have however been great with all the gift card promotions, VERY CLASSY! :clap

abstractharmony said:
If this is how you and IJ react to a discussion about toys I'd hate to see you dealing (or not) with a real life crisis.

I would not make sweeping personal assumptions like that if I were you. Just because I can get riled up on a toy discussion forum talking about... toys (imagine that!) does not mean I take it so seriously or don't have my real-life priorities together.

This isn't a board anout life issues. It's a board about collectibles and toys, and thus I keep my discussion focused on that within its own relative realm.

And seeing as I just had to bury my 46 year old Mother-in-Law (who we lost to Breast Cancer and died in front of my 8 year old daughter) I'm pretty confident in my ability to deal with a real life crisis and keep things in perspective.

Thanks.

The thing is folks that Star Wars fans are a bit crazy and will sometimes pay more for products than they really are worth. Sure a figure a year ago was only $50 well now its went up to $60 I dont know as long as it stays in this region Im getting everyting as long as they dont release 50 figures a year and then this line will be the only thing I get. In 15 years I want to be able to look back on this collection and see every singe Sideshow exclusive edition for every figure they have released.

abstractharmony said:
I'm going to say this once my friend - you need to get some help. Seriously!

A cursory read of the entire original post should make it very clear that it was an off the cuff remark or maybe I should have used a smiley? I'll tell you what - I'll go back and put one in just for you.

:rolleyes:

nah it's not like that, just wanted to call your bluff is all. again, more ignorant assumptions, this time aimed at me. Very mature of you. :cool:

Back