Electric Tiki Buffy Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad to say this, but Faith's facial protrait is somewhat off. She reminds me of Summer Glau (well, at least, she's also a Whedon girl). And Spike... Well, to sum it up: He looks like an old man (and not in the good way, that is, a vampire).

I'm sad to say this, but Faith's facial protrait is somewhat off. She reminds me of Summer Glau (well, at least, she's also a Whedon girl). And Spike... Well, to sum it up: He looks like an old man (and not in the good way, that is, a vampire).

Well as far as I can remember Electric Tiki said that these were not meant to look like the characters but the wanted to infuse memorable attributes of the characters in the sculpt. I think they all capture the essence of the characters.

See I never get why even a tooned up version wouldn't need to at least look a little like the actors that played these characters, and imo with the exception of Willow, none of them do at all. Their Buffy could be any young girl just holding a pool cue. Even in a real cartoon series an artist would be given a brief to use at least some of the real actors features, and then work it up from there.

And call me a cynic, but I always suspect that when people say that so and so doesn't have to look like the character, that what they're really saying is that they haven't got the talent to make them look like that.

I mean James Masters was quite an attractive chap as Spike, and yet in the human version he looks like someones old grandpa. :lol

I posted a link to here from on my lj, and the response that I got from fellow Spike/JM fans Spike was "eww, I wouldn't buy that'.

So suffice to say that olvidadero I'm with you on this.

Last edited:
My gf talked to James about his tooned up statue last Wednesday in the studio for his show Caprica. He seemed quite entertained by his statue, so I'm think that's a good thing.

I still love it and am not bothered that these toons aren't identical to the stars. I love how much fun, how colorful and how cute they are.

It's definitely more than ok for people not to like them. All I have to say is, don't by em. :) I say that with love.

My gf talked to James about his tooned up statue last Wednesday in the studio for his show Caprica. He seemed quite entertained by his statue

That's what I love about wee Jimmy, he's always so diplomatic.

All I have to say is, don't by em. I say that with love

Oh don't worry I won't be getting it. I'm sticking to my 12" and PF Spike. :D

Well as far as I can remember Electric Tiki said that these were not meant to look like the characters but the wanted to infuse memorable attributes of the characters in the sculpt. I think they all capture the essence of the characters.

Yeah, I know that, but that doesn't excuse Spike looking like an old man and Faith looking just weird (plus, I think the Faith statue doesn't capture the character's essence, maybe because her face is somewhat off).

What happened?

There was a "rogue" paint drip on the base and some small black marks on her arms. Nothing REALLY major, but nonetheless, one of those things where if I could get a replacement, I would try.

I'm sending her out Wednesday. She will be missed, but her replacement should be here a few weeks later.

I got my Faith this week, but the plastic wrap was kinda stuck to her head. I removed it as carefully as possible but there is some weird markings, I'm wondering if anyone has tips for cleaning these things. (alternately, I guess it's possible that some finish was damaged, which would really suck)

Here's what it looks like:

215u75.jpg

(crossposted from BTVS figs forum)

Wow....That's weird that would happen. I haven't had that happen to me yet. If you received it through Sideshow, I would file for a replacement.

If it's just sticky plastic that has stuck you can use a product called Goo Gone that comes in a handy dandy pen form. I use it to remove all the sticky labels that seem to never what to come off no matter how much you scrape.

I got my Goo Gone pen at Michaels Craft Stores, but I'm sure they are readily available at any craft or home improvement store.

If that doesn't work definitely send for a replacement, good luck!

If it's just sticky plastic that has stuck you can use a product called Goo Gone that comes in a handy dandy pen form. I use it to remove all the sticky labels that seem to never what to come off no matter how much you scrape.

I got my Goo Gone pen at Michaels Craft Stores, but I'm sure they are readily available at any craft or home improvement store.

If that doesn't work definitely send for a replacement, good luck!

You can also get it at Dollar Tree. :)

Ha! Too true. Better for my wallet though.

I have that next Dead PF looming at me, Maleficent and let us not forget The Throne.

I feel you. I am not looking forward to another one coming out yet. I just can't do it. I hope we're looking at a year for a release date. Sorry all..but a year will be gone before you know it.

P.s. This apple is delicious!

I'm looking for the Faith - White Shirt Version for cheap, cheap, cheap. (ie. below retail.) Anyone know of any retailers (preferably those with the lowest price)?

Back