Ebay winners not paying?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not keen on eBay's new policies--requiring a 1 day turnaround to ship and a return policy to get the biggest percentage fee discount for power sellers. But. . .what are you gonna do? As time goes on with no competition, eBay's just gonna keep turning the screws on sellers. I work a full time job and sell on the side. I can't deal with treating my eBay sales like I was a genuine business.

I just filed because I am so tired of this. This is the third person this has happened with. If they leave me negative feedback, or lie and say something was broken, etc, I am going to be so pissed.

I think eBay updated the feedback situation while a case is 'active'. I could be wrong, but I believe while a case is active, (at the very least) the buyer cannot leave any type of feedback. I am not sure if they can leave feedback after the case has closed or not.

I have filed many cases, I think I have bad luck when it comes to non-paying (and non-communicative) buyers. But they have never left me a negative.

If the buyer has been silent throughout the whole process, chances are they won't leave you a negative. They are keeping quiet because they want out of the transaction.

I put in my description that the buyer has 3 days to pay. I file an unpaid item on the 4th day. I don't like people wasting my time so I try and keep it short.

I put in my description that the buyer has 3 days to pay. I file an unpaid item on the 4th day. I don't like people wasting my time so I try and keep it short.

I always put that they have 3 days to pay. But ah well.

He paid, now to ship it and hope he doesn't get annoying on me. I want this whole thing to just go away.

I'm not keen on eBay's new policies--requiring a 1 day turnaround to ship and a return policy to get the biggest percentage fee discount for power sellers. But. . .what are you gonna do? As time goes on with no competition, eBay's just gonna keep turning the screws on sellers. I work a full time job and sell on the side. I can't deal with treating my eBay sales like I was a genuine business.

It's not technically a 1 day turnaround to ship. You just have to upload tracking data within one day.:wink1:

I have another question.

I currently have a non paying bidder. Today is day 7. Tomorrow or the next day if there is still no payment, I plan to file a non-paying bidder with ebay. But I also don't want to sell it to them if that happens because the sale will likely go further downhill with some negative feedback from them, etc. Is there any way to file a non paying bidder and then also choose not to sell it to them in the end?

File the non paying bidder claim with ebay. If they don't pay, they can't leave feedback.

Besides, no one really cares about feedback anymore. :dunno

Man, I've really had ____ luck with my last round of eBay sales. Out of about 20 transactions I've had:

1) Buyer claimed item was damaged, I refunded his money once I got it back and of course nothing was wrong with it :huh So on the upside I can sell it again, but annoying as I'm out shipping costs and time.
2) Sent the wrong stand overseas to a customer, my bad so I just refunded his money.
3) An international bidder got charged weird customs fees since $15 was read as 45 by their country. Rather than risk a negative I went ahead and refunded the money as there was no way to fix it on my end. Certainly the buyer should have not paid the customs fee, but whaddyagonnado :huh
4) Yesterday I find out a 4th package has never arrived and the tracking number isn't working :cuss So probably out on that one too if it never turns up.

I was having a pretty good run; and now 4 issues all from one round of auctions.

Or do, that way you get a free item and I get the shaft :lol

Only one of these is actually my fault; I did send the wrong stand and I had no problem refunding the money and letting them keep the one I sent. The other 3 are just oddball deals :huh

Ha, what you selling Galactiboy? Wow, that does suck. Sorry to hear you're having so many issues - sounds more like shipping issues rather than ebay/paypal/buyer issues.

It's just odd to have so many... the one returned item I'm convinced was a case of buyers remorse. He made some pretty wild claims about damage (heavily marked up and loose) and when I got it back it was in great condition except for a few small areas of discloration; which on a 1/6 body is not a biggie since the whole thing will be covered up.

The rest are pretty much just bad luck... but; eBay is kind of a necessary evil and I still come out ahead even when something like this happens; just usually its one every 6 months to a year... not 4 in one month :lol

I think you guys worry too much about the negative feedback.

If someone leaves you negative feedback, you can respond to it. And if you are in the right, just say why and when people check your feedback, they will see your explanation. And if you have a lot of positive feedback with one or two negatives that you resond to...I think you will be fine..

Yes and no... I got 2 back to back negatives at the beginning of the year and since eBay now only uses one year of feedback it dropped me to like a 96% for awhile.

I think it can really mess you up as a seller if you have a run of bad luck or customers.

Also, I'm generally pretty accommodating. At the end of the day I know Paypal will generally side against me, so unless its a clear case I'll just take the loss on shipping and try again.

i didnt realize that selling on ebay was such a pain in the ass. guess thats why forum transactions are looked so highly upon.

i didnt realize that selling on ebay was such a pain in the ass. guess thats why forum transactions are looked so highly upon.

That, and no fees.

It's always a lot of fun when you sell a few things off, and are all happy, then eBay tells you "LOL now send us $60."

Yep, no fees and generally you can trust forum members. But, we still have our crap members that will pull a scam on someone... so you always want to be careful :lecture

Yep, no fees and generally you can trust forum members. But, we still have our crap members that will pull a scam on someone... so you always want to be careful :lecture

There's definitely that. But of course you know from experience that eBay buyers aren't any better, even with all of eBays policies and such in place. Here there's more flexibility if you want to talk about a price, and is just overall easier to deal with. Usually.

That, and no fees.

It's always a lot of fun when you sell a few things off, and are all happy, then eBay tells you "LOL now send us $60."

they dont just take it off the top? obviously ive never sold anything on ebay lol

There's definitely that. But of course you know from experience that eBay buyers aren't any better, even with all of eBays policies and such in place. Here there's more flexibility if you want to talk about a price, and is just overall easier to deal with. Usually.

Totally agree... and honestly I've had over 200 transactions here and never had an issue with a buyer. I've had some trouble with a dealer that went bad and some custom artists.

But just straight buying and selling has always been smooth, and if there was an issue its always been easy to resolve.

Back