Dyatlov Pass Incident

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But no airbases nearby.

They ran a mile from camp, they would have realised after 2-3 minutes oh the sound passed and was a jet, or theres no snow chasing us.

No other bases that we "know" about. Remember this was the Cold War and the Soviets were all about secrecy, especially with regards to military activity. Dyatlov Pass translates as "The Mountain of Death" which basically means "Keep Out" and would be a logical place to conduct military activity or excercises thinking that there wouldn't be any civilians in the vicinity let alone an isolated group of skiers.

The theory about the Mansi would work for me, with one small problem - they confirmed that there were no other individuals in the area. The footprints of the victims were the only ones found in the area.

I really think something was after them, somehow. Something that made them so afraid, they refused to go back to their tents until some of the party had already died. They did that only as a last resort, and by then, it was too late.

Except the fact that there were no other "footprints" indicating that they were fleeing from a predator or any other "Predator" for that matter. ;)

No other bases that we "know" about. Remember this was the Cold War and the Soviets were all about secrecy, especially with regards to military activity. Dyatlov Pass translates as "The Mountain of Death" which basically means "Keep Out" and would be a logical place to conduct military activity or excercises thinking that there wouldn't be any civilians in the vicinity let alone an isolated group of skiers.

Except the fact that there were no other "footprints" indicating that they were fleeing from a predator or any other "Predator" for that matter. ;)

Thats true it could have been a secret base. It defiantely accounts for the afterburners being the glowing orange orbs. People back then wern't use to seeing jets move that fast.

I'm reading more about Infrasound right now, but not buying it as the cause.

Ball lightning was also listed as a possibility but I don't buy it. Occurences of ball lightning at that altitude and weather conditions are remotely implausible. I'm definitely partial to the afterburner theory and that they panicked thinking an avalanche was approaching and before they realised what it was had scattered themselves in the darkness, half naked and freezing, and struggled to find their way back to camp.

Deckard, that's the only thing that says her tongue wasn't missing that I've seen. It seems pretty clear that they made a point to mention the fact that it was missing. If it was deemed normal for that type of situation, it wouldn't have been recorded as odd. They didn't say that their eyes were missing, although that very well may have been the case, since eyes deteriorate rapidly after death. That would be a common trait of a deteriorating body. However, given the fact that she was buried under four meters of snow, I doubt the bodies deteriorated much at all. Think of how well preserved the Ice Man was, and he was dead for thousands of years. From what information I've read, something likely removed the tongue before she was buried with snow.

kl241, who said the predator was walking? ;)

No EVERY article I've googled has mentioned the fact her tongue was missing.

It took two months to locate the remaining skiers. Their bodies were found buried under four meters of snow in a forest ravine, 75 meters away from the pine tree. The four — Nicolas Thibeaux-Brignollel, 24, Ludmila Dubinina, 21, Alexander Zolotaryov, 37, and Alexander Kolevatov, 25 — appeared to have suffered traumatic deaths. Thibeaux-Brignollel’s skull had been crushed, and Dubunina and Zolotarev had numerous broken ribs. Dubinina also had no tongue.

I meant to say "wasn't," not "was." I fixed the post.

I definitely believe the tongue was removed, not deteriorated.

Well I'll have to look into the tongue further as well as deterioration of dead bodies, etc.

Just to clarify on the above statement though, are you suggesting perhaps a bird ate her tongue or something more alien may have happened?

If he was using the trees, they were in the forest at the bottom of the hill more than a kilometer and a half away. He must have used infrared and targeted the poor girls tongue with his shoulder cannon. ;)

Well I'll have to look into the tongue further as well as deterioration of dead bodies, etc.

Just to clarify on the above statement though, are you suggesting perhaps a bird ate her tongue or something more alien may have happened?

Suggesting perhaps something more alien occurred. Whether or not it really did, that's my answer! But I just don't find the other theories convincing. Not that aliens are convincing, either. :p

Man we have so many experts on this site! I love it! :banana

Oh yes, we certainly do! :p

Here is a recent article of the incident that contains some photos.

1349_12-13_dyatlov3.jpg

https://www.sptimes.ru/story/25093

This really is an interesting story. Can't believe I've never heard of it before.

About the missing tongue, if it would have been deteriorated, wouldn't the other three bodies that were found with that woman have no tongues too?

I think that just the fact that it is mentioned makes it unusual. So the question is what took the tongue and why...?

This really is an interesting story. Can't believe I've never heard of it before.

About the missing tongue, if it would have been deteriorated, wouldn't the other three bodies that were found with that woman have no tongues too?

I think that just the fact that it is mentioned makes it unusual. So the question is what took the tongue and why...?

Dave Chapelle said it best -"I'll rip yo lips off...and kiss my ass with them. I'll rip yo tongue out...and lick my balls with it" :lol

Am I reading this correctly, one of the articles stated that there were ten skiers and one survived. https://www.aquiziam.com/dyatlov_pass_1.html

Yuri Yudin
(Юрий Юдин)

Yuri Yudin - Dyatlov Pass Accident

N/A

N/A

N/A

Fell ill and returned home before the event

Survived

edit: never mind "udin fell ill near Vizhai, the last settlement before the mountain, and was left behind."

Last edited:
Back