DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
How long was that? if thats the case I'm not out of the woods yet if yours just started to show now...

It was out of the package about 3 days before appearing. And even so, it's just barely noticeable on the bottoms of the lower plates.

Mine was also about 2-3 days before really showing up, and it started out minor, wipe it away and i could go like 4-6 hours without any sign again, the more I kept cleaning it though, the quicker it'd come back.

Now it's been like this for days since I stopped wiping it away, with no change, other than oil starting to come out of the bicep plates as well.

ARMOR2.jpg

ARMOR3.jpg

I just received my 2nd Batman DX figure and it has the oil as well... I guess it's inevitable for now.

At this point, I'd only be surprised if a figure didn't show it. Something about the material used for the ab piece of the shirt and the bicep plates on the arms is prone to this, either the nature of the material or something that was done in the production process.

Which is why, if nothing else, I think everyone should at least inform their dealers that they've encountered it, or contact Hot Toys directly to report it, the more widespread the problem looks to them, the more they'll be pressed to figure out and resolve it.

I just hope it's not related to whoever it was that said it, can't remember now but the possibility that the abs plates could be dissolving or something like that? an adverse reaction to the air I think he said. If it's always wet thats no doubt why the paint will easily scrape off. The oil is softening the paint since it's completely covered. Softening and softening until one wipes it and it's just soft mush, the coating.

I haven't a clue with this stuff but the fact it gets so wet for some people I can't help but wonder. :eek:

I'm not trying to scare anyone. Also I'm assuming the clear plastic parts at the back inside of the belt is to hold the magnets in place?

Any one try positioning a small fan in front of the figure for a few days?.

I don't know if I should box it up with the desiccant bags or leave the figures out as they currently are? or is that useless?

Any one try positioning a small fan in front of the figure for a few days?.

Can't imagine that would do any good, it's oil and not air drying from the look of it. That rubber/silicone is really thin, I can't see this coming from anywhere but the material itself, Maybe it is chemically unsound and is breaking up into this oil compound. That is what rubber is made of afterall...

I wouldn't mind too much but the figure is matte black, by the time i had taken him out of his box, he was covered in oily finger prints. The name plate was separate from the stand and one of the pers eyes has a black flash on it.

not impressed HT, not impressed...

I just hope it's not related to whoever it was that said it, can't remember now but the possibility that the abs plates could be dissolving or something like that? an adverse reaction to the air I think he said. If it's always wet thats no doubt why the paint will easily scrape off. The oil is softening the paint since it's completely covered. Softening and softening until one wipes it and it's just soft mush, the coating.

I haven't a clue with this stuff but the fact it gets so wet for some people I can't help but wonder. :eek:

I'm not trying to scare anyone. Also I'm assuming the clear plastic parts at the back inside of the belt is to hold the magnets in place?

As far as the oil, I wouldn't think it's a matter of that material breaking down, it seems odd to me that if the material were reacting something, how I could have only one plate affected, other people 2, some 4, and so far no one's reported it all the way up to the chest. It's a bizarre and inconsistent phenomena, the only common thing I find about it is that it seems to only happen with the rubber pieces that feel denser. Someone posted a photo that showed, the ab armor part of the shirt is a panel of material glued to the rest of the shirt, and if you touch it, you can even feel that it seems more rigid than the back and sides which feel more like soft rubber. The bicep armor plates also feel like this more rigid material. Whatever makes those 3 pieces different from the rest of the suit seems to be the cause for the problem, I haven't see myself or heard of anyone else having oil issues anywhere else on the figure and the rest of it all feels like a soft rubber.

The kevlar on the abs and biceps is painted with that dotted pattern, and it seems like they need a more rigid material to do that, because the kevlar spots on the rest of the suit are just grey paint.

The oil, or whatever this is that's oozing out, definitely seems to be emanating from the "slab" of material that can be lifted off and rolled backwards. Whenever I lift it, there is no oil to be found anywhere under that slab, only in the front and only on the lower 4 abdonimal plates. Extremely bizarre. Hopefully HT will identify the problem and let us know what to do.

Hopefully it won't be too long after this week, once they're back from Holiday.

Dear customer,

Our office will be closed on Feb 13-16 for Chinese New Year holidays &
resume work on Feb 17.
Thanks for your mail and we will get back to you very soon.

Happy Chinese New Year and all the BEST!!

Best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys Ltd.

Their holiday seems pretty short. Not to worry if you coming close to your 30 return limmit.

Their holiday seems pretty short. Not to worry if you coming close to your 30 return limmit.

Well, I think everyone right now automatically should have 1 week shaved off the return period anyway, it's not customers' fault they're not around for a week to figure out the problem. I've already contacted Toys2 so I've initiated within the window anyway, if they argue I'll fight them because this is their fault and they should do the honorable thing.

Someone posted a photo that showed, the ab armor part of the shirt is a panel of material glued to the rest of the shirt, and if you touch it, you can even feel that it seems more rigid than the back and sides which feel more like soft rubber. The bicep armor plates also feel like this more rigid material.

I was shocked when I touched that part for the first time. No softness to it at all. Unlike v1, it's very soft there extremely delicate.

I was shocked when I touched that part for the first time. No softness to it at all. Unlike v1, it's very soft there extremely delicate.

If you look, the shirt on the v1 is all one pience, there's no overlapping like the DX. Since the biceps front midsection are the only places that have the fully detailed kevlar bits and are separate pieces from the rest of the suit, I assume it's the different material becaue you can't paint so detailed on the softer rubber the rest is made of.

I suspect they started looking into stiffer rubber to avoid the Gutting of the abs that so many disliked. HT has been trying to fix the problems V1 had just too bad this solution resulted in something else unexpected I am sure

The rubber really wasn't the problem with the "gut" on the v1 though, that was just a matter of popping the midsection piece between the upper torso and the hip. the way the 3 torso pieces of the TT body connect, the middle one can shift really foward at the hip and HT figures have shipped with that happening, but clothed figures can hide it, but even my OC Batman had it, I didn't realize it like with the first TDK figure, but once I knew to look for it on the TDK, I checked the OC and sure enough.

yeah I realized it and can adjusts poses on my V1 to avoid it but on this DX02 you can almost pose it anyway you like and the abs will not budge at all :p I am not sure how badly this was teared up on V1 but certainly HT paid a lot of attention on this

Mine just gets shiny not oily at the bottom of one ab now, I'm starting to worry less about it than I did last week.
I also put the belt back on yesterday and hidden some kitchen towel behind it like Wookster has done.

Back