Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panto season must be a friggin nightmare for some people. :lol

What did everyone think of the VFX, because we worked on this episode. Not me personally though. Seeing people say how **** they were and it wouldn't be Dr Who without **** VFX made me chuckle.

It’s been this way on the stage and opera for years. Not sure why this crosses a line for so many.
I hate stage productions regardless so that means nothing to me. Represent historical figures as they were, I don't see how that's some kind of hot take.
Panto season must be a friggin nightmare for some people. :lol
Mostly because they're **** :lol.
What did everyone think of the VFX, because we worked on this episode. Not me personally though. Seeing people say how **** they were and it wouldn't be Dr Who without **** VFX made me chuckle.
Perfectly campy VFX for Doctor Who.

It’s not a hot take. Maybe expanding your expectations doesn’t have to be so traumatic. I remember a friend of mine was angry years ago because an actor playing John Lennon had blue eyes. He could not handle it. It actually made him angry. :lol

It’s not a hot take. Maybe expanding your expectations doesn’t have to be so traumatic. I remember a friend of mine was angry years ago because an actor playing John Lennon had blue eyes. He could not handle it. It actually made him angry. :lol
Bit of a difference between eye colour and changing the race of someone. Same would apply if a POC was changed to a white person. There was no good reason to do this whatsoever.

It's stupid.

Second episode was better, but undercut a bit by some rather silly and unnecessary CG used for the villains. And I think I only caught like 80% of the dialogue with how damn fast Tennant was blurting it out. Lol

Barring the laughable Newton scene (RTD and the BBC can't help themselves lying to the little kiddies) at least they dialed back the Wokery-Pokery for this episode, and it was quite an enjoyable watch for the most part...Until you remember the Newton scene and start laughing again:giggle:

Best part of the episode was seeing the great Bernard Cribbins

It's almost like RTD gave one of his mates a cameo in a show he was working on as a laugh. That's the kind of thing I'd do, lean into it to get the sensitive types foaming.

It's almost like RTD gave one of his mates a cameo in a show he was working on as a laugh. That's the kind of thing I'd do, lean into it to get the sensitive types foaming.
giphy (8).gif

Barring the laughable Newton scene (RTD and the BBC can't help themselves lying to the little kiddies) at least they dialed back the Wokery-Pokery for this episode, and it was quite an enjoyable watch for the most part...Until you remember the Newton scene and start laughing again:giggle:

Best part of the episode was seeing the great Bernard Cribbins
Agreed, it was a much better episode…but yeah the BBC just can’t help themselves can they! :lol Seeing Wilf reunited with the Doctor again though was a lovely moment and definitely the best part of the episode, such a shame he is no longer with us.

You also don’t need to **** on your CIS characters in order to make your diverse characters seem cool and strong

Even George Takei disagreed with the Kelvin Timeline Sulu being gay.

George Miller has the right idea, don't make it Mad Maxine, just introduce a strong new female character.

Last edited:
The Giggle

8/10

Mel seemed out of place.
The ball game was a bit “meh”.

I loved everything else.

Overall, the 60th anniversary specials I rate at 7.33/10.

Was not a fan of the first episode, so I was immediately on the back foot going into Ep2. Wasn't bad, and an improvement over the first, but not up to RTD previous Who efforts. Then I watched Ep3 this morning, and I really enjoyed it. Was pleasantly surprised at the outcome for Tennant's Doctor, and I'm liking Ncuti's take from what I saw. Will head into the new season with cautious optimism.

Yeah this was the best episode by far. NPH was a lot of fun and the idea of him using our own self-righteousness against us was pretty clever.

Not sure what to make of that regeneration scene though. I know RTD has had some silly ideas before (regenerating out of a hand for instance), but this one seemed a little too weird and kooky. And it almost seems like it diminishes Gatwa's Doctor and turns him into more of a "copy" or something.

Yeah this was the best episode by far. NPH was a lot of fun and the idea of him using our own self-righteousness against us was pretty clever.

Not sure what to make of that regeneration scene though. I know RTD has had some silly ideas before (regenerating out of a hand for instance), but this one seemed a little too weird and kooky. And it almost seems like it diminishes Gatwa's Doctor and turns him into more of a "copy" or something.
The way it’s implied that 14 still dies later gets timey whiney’d back to the Avengers Tower and regenerates into 15 from himself, because 15 is definitely a future version of him who has future knowledge.

It is weird though, but I guess they want to keep Tennant around for specials and potential spinoffs. And I do agree it makes Gatwa’s Doctor feel like an inferior version straight off the bat when the fan favourite is still kicking around.

This could have been a decent enough story. The Soho scenes with the Toymaker and puppets were all great until!... "Spice up your life" kicks in, assaulting the eardrums. Then it all descends into the usual RTD OTT pompous rubbish.

Gatwa seems a likeable chap, but he looks like a fifteen year old with facial hair and lacks the gravitas and charisma to carry the role. But i guess that won't worry the kids that are watching.

Favourite scene was Mel reminiscing about Sabalon glitz... "He died falling over a whiskey bottle".

Me thinks RTD drank more than a few bottles before he wrote these episodes.

Then again he's probably drunk on his ego most of the time.:giggle:

I detest RTD even more after watching Christopher Eccleston calling him out, along with Gardner, Tranter and Collinson. A right nasty bunch.

I'd love to see Chris return for a proper anniversary story. And if that means them getting the sack, so be it.

For those who might not have seen it, he calls them out at 15.18

I love the look (or non-look) on Billie's face while he is talking.

I like Eccleston. The man has integrity. If he is in for the money grab he will tell you. If he despises you, he will tell you. :lol

Back