Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really, I thought last season's finale was pretty good. With Captain Jack returning and the master, I thought it was great. If the torchwood team (or whomever is still alive on the team) returns with rose and martha, should be a great finale. Anybody know if this is set before or after the torchwood finale? And I have only one thing to say to you BLINK !!!! :rotfl:rotfl

Had the series 3 finale had an actor playing The Master that actually looked and sounded evil I might have got into it but John Simm was totally unconvincing as the Doctor's nemesis.
Add the Doctor's transformation into what appeared to be a suit wearing Gollum clone only for him to recover and start flying through the air like Peter Pan and moving objects with his mind like Yoda and I couldn't take any of it seriously.
Despite the huge cluster^^^^ potential of having so many companions in the same story I hope this years finale is decent. To make Davros come across as a real heavyweight villain to new viewers I think more than one of the Doctor's allies should bite the dust as otherwise he'll just seem like a standard bad guy.
Captain Jack and Sarah Jane are safe as they've got new series of their own coming out so it leaves Martha,Rose,Donna and if the tabloid story is true Gwen,Ianto and the Judoon.
Donna seems likely already but who else is gonna get it?

Had the series 3 finale had an actor playing The Master that actually looked and sounded evil I might have got into it but John Simm was totally unconvincing as the Doctor's nemesis.
Add the Doctor's transformation into what appeared to be a suit wearing Gollum clone only for him to recover and start flying through the air like Peter Pan and moving objects with his mind like Yoda and I couldn't take any of it seriously.
Despite the huge cluster^^^^ potential of having so many companions in the same story I hope this years finale is decent. To make Davros come across as a real heavyweight villain to new viewers I think more than one of the Doctor's allies should bite the dust as otherwise he'll just seem like a standard bad guy.
Captain Jack and Sarah Jane are safe as they've got new series of their own coming out so it leaves Martha,Rose,Donna and if the tabloid story is true Gwen,Ianto and the Judoon.
Donna seems likely already but who else is gonna get it?

Yea, I will agree with you that Simm was a little over-the-top and the gollum doctor was a wee bit much.

Anyway, I've wanted Donna gone from the start and got excited when I saw just her head in the library.

Yea, I will agree with you that Simm was a little over-the-top and the gollum doctor was a wee bit much.

Anyway, I've wanted Donna gone from the start and got excited when I saw just her head in the library.

I don't think Donna's been as bad as most expected at least not in the episodes I've seen but she's never going to be known as the best companion in Doctor Who's history and if she does indeed get killed off I don't expect many tears will shed.
One other possible scenario could see a shocking twist and Rose or Martha will die instead or as well though I think the Torchwood duo would make better cannon fodder as then the third series of that show could focus on how Jack deals with losing his team.

I don't think Donna's been as bad as most expected at least not in the episodes I've seen but she's never going to be known as the best companion in Doctor Who's history and if she does indeed get killed off I don't expect many tears will shed.
One other possible scenario could see a shocking twist and Rose or Martha will die instead or as well though I think the Torchwood duo would make better cannon fodder as then the third series of that show could focus on how Jack deals with losing his team.

Now, is the the Rose from the first two season's that got trapped in the other dimension, or is this just a random rose from a another dimension that knew the doctor?

Its THE Rose....

I hated Donna in The Christmas Bride. But she has definitely grown on me. I definitely like her a lot more than Martha and a little less than Rose.

Its THE Rose....

I hated Donna in The Christmas Bride. But she has definitely grown on me. I definitely like her a lot more than Martha and a little less than Rose.

Yea, she's grown on me like a virus. You don't want it, you hate it, can't stand it, but it's there. As for Martha, I think she had a lot of potenial with being intelligent and an actual doctor, but they really never used that part of her character; maybe they didn't want to overtake the doctor with his companion's capabailities, kinda takes away from his "brilliance" if his companion is also clever I guess,.

I rewatched midnight again yesterday aswell and it really is a very good episode, the doctor without his conpanion becomes week and arogant without someone to support him i thought.

Did anyone watch the trail at the end notice the unit trooper who says the doctor dead. I thought he got killed by the Sontarins?

I rewatched midnight again yesterday aswell and it really is a very good episode, the doctor without his conpanion becomes week and arogant without someone to support him i thought.

Did anyone watch the trail at the end notice the unit trooper who says the doctor dead. I thought he got killed by the Sontarins?

Gotta rewatch the preview for next week to double-check that. Didn't one companion said that the doctor needs someone, even to protect himself???

OH, loved the scene when the doctor turned away from the monitor and then rose popped up, it has never been that blatant before that.

Still can't see it....

but I can see this...

Dr-Who---Love-Gun.jpg

Props to Kaijubait on DW.com, who drew this 10 years ago before he knew better. :lol

That was a freaking awesome episode! Everybody died and what a world it would be without the doctor.

Cannot wait for the nest episode, looks like everybody back and the characters from the other who universe will be getting to be in the Who. Looks like RTD will be going out with a bang.

Billie has had something done to her lips, looks really weird. Bad Wolf!

I'm just posting to say that for once, I will not be reading this thread until AFTER I see Turn Left today. Yay for the return of Rose!

absolutely awesome episode, the preview for the following week's looks even better

that darlek cackling laughter was wicked
jack & torchwood.......is it really over for them going by the preview? (if you know.......don't tell)

I am not reading this thread either... waiting for someone to upload this episode...

...waiting... waiting....

:tap

I am not reading this thread either... waiting for someone to upload this episode...

...waiting... waiting....

:tap

What sucks for me is that the girlfriend is having me go to a party with her at 6, meaning I have to leave by 5 15 meaning no way Ill be able to watch this until late tonight. :monkey2

Back