Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw Saturdays episode.
What a load of crap.
Unfunny
Corden sucked at acting as always
It felt like RTD had come back

One thing it was funny to see Cardiff pretending to be Colchester, as I only live 40mins from the Real Colchester

The last 2 episodes pose all sorts of questions,

Will River Song finally get that crapeating grin wiped from her face?
( Sadly not, I fear. )

What "magic switch" plot device will be used to seal the crack, bring Rory back to life and reset the universe?
( I predict a perception filter will be involved. )

Will the Cyber-ships turn out to be full of proper Cybermen?
( Even if they still look like Cybusmen, it'll be cool. )

Will the latest attempt at being "epic" actually come off and not look like a "Lite" version of any one of several bigger budget sci-fi franchises?
( Probably not 'cos the UK cannot do "epic" anything apart from fail. )

Can I be arsed to watch any of it?
( What the hell!, I'm going in with zero expectation of it being good so like some of the other stories this year I'm prepared to be suprised. )

All I want from the finale is for Rory to come back. :monkey2

Somehow I don't think you'll be disappointed as one of the Nu-Who Commandments is,

Thou Shalt Not Kill Any Of The Good Guys Outright. It Mentally Scars Little Children.

I know theres a good chance rory will come back but i dont want him too, for once lets not have a cop-out and keep the dead, dead! if amy rmemebers him thats fine, or if she remembers him because one of the romans is his long great, great great...grandfather and has the same face as rory did thats fine too but dont ressurect him!

River Song wont die either, theres about 6 more things she mentioned having done with the doctor so except more River episodes sweetie lol

River Song wont die either, theres about 6 more things she mentioned having done with the doctor so except more River episodes sweetie lol

In a perfect world her history would be rewritten so those things no longer mattered and she would be zapped by a Dalek or hit by a bus, maybe even a combination of the two.

But I guess I'll just have to either tune her out or just not watch any future episodes that she appears in.

haha all i imagined then was river stepping out of the Tardis and getting hit by bus, it would certainly be a different Who-death! but the way things have gone she would more than likely regenerate and be revealed as a time lady who stored her former alien self inside a watch or a makeup bag.

I have heard a mention of a redesigned interior Tardis, is this true? if so how come? (apart from its damn ugly!)

haha all i imagined then was river stepping out of the Tardis and getting hit by bus, it would certainly be a different Who-death! but the way things have gone she would more than likely regenerate and be revealed as a time lady who stored her former alien self inside a watch or a makeup bag.

I have heard a mention of a redesigned interior Tardis, is this true? if so how come? (apart from its damn ugly!)

Have the Kandyman driving the bus followed by an apology from Moffat in the end credits for creating such a hideous character and it'd be PERFECT :)

The official reason is that the current TARDIS set is proving too tricky to film, probably because it's so damn cluttered so some kind of major damage or even destruction is going to happen in the last 2 episodes which will explain it.

Saw an intresting picture from this week's episode that has all kinds of alien craft hovering above Stonehenge which looked very reminiscent of "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind".

It'd be awesome if the Doctor started randomly sculpting Stonehenge out of mashed potato :)

Have the Kandyman driving the bus followed by an apology from Moffat in the end credits for creating such a hideous character and it'd be perfect.

The official reason for the interior change is that the current set is proving too tricky to film, ( probably because it's so damn cluttered ) so some kind of major damage or even destruction is going to happen in the last 2 episodes which will explain it in the actual story.

Saw an intresting picture from this week's episode that has all kinds of alien craft hovering above Stonehenge which looked very reminiscent of "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind".

It'd be awesome if the Doctor started randomly sculpting Stonehenge out of mashed potato or something :)

He had worked with RTD before, im not totally sure what he was referencing and the article sheds little light on it. Whatever it was it must of been bad for him to quit after one episode!

He had worked with RTD before, im not totally sure what he was referencing and the article sheds little light on it. Whatever it was it must of been bad for him to quit after one episode!

You mean one series ;)

Apparently Eccleston only had a 1 year contract as there was still some doubt from the BBC that the revival would be a success but that doesn't get mentioned either.

Yeah one series! i have no idea why i said episode when i meant series! As much as i would of liked to see Eccleston carry on for another series i was still glad Tenth came on...say what you will i still hold the 10th as my doctor lol, im not dilusional enough to say he was the best doctor ever, because he wasnt but he still is my favourite. Odd that after all this time Eccleston quitting is still in the news!

Yeah one series! i have no idea why i said episode when i meant series! As much as i would of liked to see Eccleston carry on for another series i was still glad Tenth came on...say what you will i still hold the 10th as my doctor lol, im not dilusional enough to say he was the best doctor ever, because he wasnt but he still is my favourite. Odd that after all this time Eccleston quitting is still in the news!

Your lack of delusional behavior regarding 10 does you great credit, I don't have any problem whatsoever with the "normal" fans of that Doctor/era.

The ones that annoy me are the overly biased types that can't accept that not everyone thinks Tennant is the be all & end all of the Whoniverse and feel the need to constantly harrass any "non believers" with snarky comments or outright insults in the hope that it will humiliate the person into quitting the forum or changing their opinion to match theirs.

It'd be awesome if the Doctor started randomly sculpting Stonehenge out of mashed potato :)

somehow, I'm still reminded of the hyperspace prison ship from "The Stones of Blood"
could almost make sense after that whole prisoner zero affair...

Christopher Eccleston talks a bit more about his exit,

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10312426.stm

As the environment the cast & crew had to work in is largely the responsibility of the producer I guess this is a polite way of saying he couldn't bear working for a twat like RTD any longer :)

I my opinion I think that the reason Eccelston quit is that he didn't mesh with the show's working environment.

Eccelson has always stuck me as a very professional actor. He just wants to come in and do his job without any hassle.

But the impression I have gotten from the behind the scenes stuff in the RTD era was that it was a very relaxed working environment with everyone being close friends with eachother. This no doubt leads to atleast some wasted time joking around and hanging out. Considering that Eccelston's professionalism distances himself from the otherwise close cast and crew, he was most likely not able to enjoy this relaxed attitude and felt that the crew were unprofessional and wasting his time.

I read once in an interview with John Barrowman that seems to confirm this. He said that while him and Tennant are good friends that spend alot of time together, Eccelston always kind of kept to himself and never wanted to hang out.

yeah i can see that, Eccleston appears to be very, very professional and a true old school style actor paid to do the job at hand as best he can. I actually think a relaxed enviroment behind the scenes can help improve a show and co-workers chemistry on screen, Tennant and Piper appeared at least to gel more than Eccleston did in his short time.

I my opinion I think that the reason Eccelston quit is that he didn't mesh with the show's working environment.

Eccelson has always stuck me as a very professional actor. He just wants to come in and do his job without any hassle.

But the impression I have gotten from the behind the scenes stuff in the RTD era was that it was a very relaxed working environment with everyone being close friends with eachother. This no doubt leads to at least some wasted time joking around and hanging out. Considering that Eccelston's professionalism distances himself from the otherwise close cast and crew, he was most likely not able to enjoy this relaxed attitude and felt that the crew were unprofessional and wasting his time.

I read once in an interview with John Barrowman that seems to confirm this. He said that while him and Tennant are good friends that spend alot of time together, Eccelston always kind of kept to himself and never wanted to hang out.

Maybe if everyone else had been as focused on the job as Eccleston the end product would have been better.

Getting hired to play the title role in a series then finding out he had to play second fiddle to Piper & co for most of the series must have been bad enough but discovering he was working with people who were more concerned with being best buddies off camera than doing the job at hand must've really been the final straw.

He didn't need Who to further his career prospects so he left on his own terms and won't need to come crawling back the way Piper and Tennant inevitably will.

That said I wonder if Eccleston could be tempted back for a multi Doctor story with Smith & maybe McGann now there's a whole new regime in place?

Back