Doctor Strange potential figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH, I did want something along the lines of the cosplay image. The shash, the gloves, the huge collar, I loved that. Modern Strange is...well, a more modern version of the Ditko costume, and while I have no problem with that, it just isn't as "magnificent" as the classic one. I still love the Movie costume (it's right between practical and campy, which I really like) but I'd have liked to have seen the gloves at least (I can do without a shash and a smaller collar, but the gloves will be missed)...

I agree with you there, while literal fabric gloves would not have translated that well onto the big screen by themselves, I feel that instead they should have at least used gauntlets on top, sort of like this Gabriele Dell'Otto rendition :

image.jpeg

Actually, on second thought, this rendition would have looked perfect on screen.

We do need more villains, but Yellowjacket got caught between a rock of being very complicated and expensive and a hard place of not being the main character.

Mordo or whoever the villain ends up being might be a lot easier and cheaper to make on the former front.

Assuming it doesn't cut into their Iron Man glutton budgets

Wishful thinking, the same could have been said for Malekith or Ronan. Uhhhhh, oh well :(

Gabe is one of my fav artists. I can recall years ago him coming to shows trying to get his work noticed.

We do need more villains, but Yellowjacket got caught between a rock of being very complicated and expensive and a hard place of not being the main character.

Mordo or whoever the villain ends up being might be a lot easier and cheaper to make on the former front.

Assuming it doesn't cut into their Iron Man glutton budgets

And why do you think iron man hurts the budget?

Gabe is one of my fav artists. I can recall years ago him coming to shows trying to get his work noticed.

You sir have good taste :hi5:. I especially love it when Gabe along with one of my other favorite artists, Olivier Coipel, get together and do collabs like they did with their Amazing Spider-Man variants.

I agree with you there, while literal fabric gloves would not have translated that well onto the big screen by themselves, I feel that instead they should have at least used gauntlets on top, sort of like this Gabriele Dell'Otto rendition :

View attachment 233059

Actually, on second thought, this rendition would have looked perfect on screen.
Love that, its one of my favourite Doctor Strange artworks :)

You sir have good taste :hi5:. I especially love it when Gabe along with one of my other favorite artists, Olivier Coipel, get together and do collabs like they did with their Amazing Spider-Man variants.

Yeah they do good work together. I've got a few original pieces. His stuff is amazing

View attachment 233059

Ain't that the truth. Imagine that as an HT figure... It'd be glorious... Alas, twas not meant to be...

While I love what I have seen of the costume and can not wait to see the film, I though they might if went with the animated movie look for the films. Rather enjoy the three piece suit look with the cloak.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The figure will be a day one pre order and I'm hoping he have good range of articulation so I can display him like this. The current Dr.Strange is a great read with superb art.

image.jpg

I'll be in for Dr. Strange. He'll make for a different looking character with a lot of posing options. Hopefully he gets a dynamic stand.

I will be buying this as soon as the preorder is up. I'm getting the new comics once they get collected in a trade paperback. The series seems good from what I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a longtime Strange fan, the series is mediocre to bad. It's been improving, and while the main story is somewhat enjoyable, the characterization of Stephen really, really bad. He's nothing like the calm mannered and collected man I've known for years. Instead, he acts like some sort of Magic Tony Stark. To a new Strange who hasn't read the classics this may be good, but to me, it's eh. As I said though, it has been improving, I'll give it that. The Bar is a nice touch as well. It's just that I'm not feeling it that much. Nevertheless, I'm still pulling it, as Strange is one of my faves.

Not a major fan of the actor or the character... but I'll be damned if Benedict isn't the perfect Doctor Strange.

Back