Do Your 1:6 Figures Need Something to Sit On?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes shopping for furniture online is dangerous. You never know what you might find:

https://www.miniaturechairs.com/MiniatureChairs/chairs.asp

https://hivemodern.com/products/?cid=42&cid2=189

These 1:6 reproductions are VERY pricey, but I'm a sucker for modern furniture design. The Eero Aarnio ball chair will be mine, at the very least....

ballchair2_225_300.jpg

Of course, then I'll HAVE to put a Medicom Andy Warhol in it....

man !! I was just looking for that.
I want a chair for my HT joker. Thanks for the info man but I hope those prices are not on US dollars.

500 bucs for a mini chair :(

some of those chairs looks pretty good, but I think is one of he cases where ebay is more forgiving...i just received a 1:6 chair the other day for my Joker (which i don't have yet), although it might not be completely movie accurate, it still does the job.

Those chairs are more expensive than the Batmobile! Too bad, they are NICE.... I'd love to have a few of those.

I think one of the chairs in the second link is the exact same chair Bruce sits in when Alfred hands him his mask. Its in the beginning of the trailer. Id buy the chair but just for that but that price is insane

why are the prices so high? :horror I wouldn't pay that for a 1:1 size chair.

Really high (oh and the title of this thread is soooooooooooooo naughty:naughty).

I would love to find a more reasonable priced chair similar to the one in TDK for Joker to sit on.

Yep, gotta go with the consensus here, looks awesome... but no way I'd pay the price for one.

good grief............they are as much as full size chairs. nice but not that nice.

These are famous designer replicas, the original 1:1 ones go for thousands of dollars, they're for design collectors who can't afford the real thing...:D

ahhh...........that explains it............in that case i'll take 2 of each......:D

These are famous designer replicas, the original 1:1 ones go for thousands of dollars, they're for design collectors who can't afford the real thing...:D
I'm sure there are space considerations at play as well.

Also, my understanding is that they use pretty much the same materials and construction techniques as the full-sized versions, so wood is wood, cushions are actual cushions etc.

I can't see myself ever getting heavily into these, as good lord they are expensive, but I'll probably pick up a couple down the line for very specific dios. It's insanely cool that someone is doing something like this, and, if I were made of money I'd buy every single one of them.

If you guys want these, there are companies out there who also make plastic replicas of these that are much cheaper...gotta do a search though.

With the name of the chair and/or designer, you may find it out there. Just like the real full size chairs, there are knock-offs out there that go for cheap.

Using the Eames Lounge chair as an example which goes for about +/-$3.5k for the Herman Miller reproduction using the same materials and building techniques and about $1200 for the ottoman, you can also find some cheap ones for about $1200 for both...they are real junk but they are out there.

Wonder if there is some chair collector forum out there, with a thread like "Do your chairs need someone to sit in them"? Would they take one look at SideShow and go "nice Indy, but those prices are insane!"

If you guys want these, there are companies out there who also make plastic replicas of these that are much cheaper...gotta do a search though.

With the name of the chair and/or designer, you may find it out there. Just like the real full size chairs, there are knock-offs out there that go for cheap.

Using the Eames Lounge chair as an example which goes for about +/-$3.5k for the Herman Miller reproduction using the same materials and building techniques and about $1200 for the ottoman, you can also find some cheap ones for about $1200 for both...they are real junk but they are out there.
Yeah, I've seen much more reasonably-priced scaled-down repros in around 1:12. I'll do some more nosing around, as I realize these are outside of most of our budgets.

Back