Diffrence between English person and an American.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thamesvalidude said:
Americans do not use as much sarcasm /irony and don't use self depreciation, nor do they understand it.
Yeah people are always asking me, Bannister, why are you so serious all the time? Lighten up.

I can tell who's British. One time a while back when I was working at Albertson's (grocery store) there was this couple that came up, they had sweaters wrapped around their shoulders, and I immediately knew they were British, and sure enough when they talked they had the British accent. British people seem very proper.

British people are always drinking tea, always think drag is funny and always run around to Benny Hill music. Americans always eat cheesburgers, always listen to rap music and always shoot their guns at "weirdos". It's a fact.

PosterBoyKelly said:
British people are always drinking tea, always think drag is funny and always run around to Benny Hill music. Americans always eat cheesburgers, always listen to rap music and always shoot their guns at "weirdos". It's a fact.
It's so true, yo.

alphatyrant said:
Can a Scotsman join in the debate, for my part we in the UK can pronounce "aluminium" correctly :D

In the US we actually don't have that second "i" to pronounce in the first place.

But don't get me started on "nuclear" VS. "nucular."

lol some true statements and a lot of wild generalisations flying around in this thread :lol

hunky_artist said:
lol some true statements and a lot of wild generalisations flying around in this thread :lol

Look, everybody!! He spelled "generalizations" with an "S"!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

mrbrain_pork.jpg

Don't even get me started on the "ou" spelling for words that don't need it...like Colour......it's COLOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew :chew

KrisSolo said:
Dude, you're hanging with the wrong girls... :D

Worse than hanging..I married one 24 years ago which is why I'm still stuck here, drinking tea through my crooked teeth watching the rain hammer against the window.....but thoroughly enjoying the irony of the situation.:D

And you know congerking...I wondered why people honk at me when I drive in the valley...you mean you guys drive on the other side and it's not just the steering wheel that was misplaced:confused:

thamesvalidude said:
And you know congerking...I wondered why people honk at me when I drive in the valley...you mean you guys drive on the other side and it's not just the steering wheel that was misplaced:confused:

Nope, not just the steering wheel. :rotfl I actually have a button on my dashboard that pops up a giant middle finger out of my hood if you make me mad. It's comes standard in the valley, alongside bulletproof glass.

I always find it funny when Americans try to school the Brits on the English language.

It's also funny when American xenophobes say stuff "We're in America, speak English!" and then those same morons will break out laughing if they hear someone call french fries "chips" or spell flavor with an "ou"

Yes, we're in America, but we sure as hell don't speak English.

I speak Mr.T. Fools.

British people - Sex Pistols
American - Ramones

That's the difference.

American - Ramones

Canadians- The Tragically Hip

(sorry---had to wave the Maple Leaf)

PosterBoyKelly said:
I speak Mr.T. Fools.

American - Ramones

That's the difference.

American - Ramones
Canadian - D.O.A

OR

British people - Johnny Rotten
American - Joey Ramones
Canadian - Joey s*hithead

gambit said:
Surfing was great but the village was full of straw dogs :D and hence I will be going to Thailand this early June for 18 days of surfing :chew
Boat trip? I have never heard about to many good spots in Thailand. Hope you get some good surf. I plan on trying to get a boat trip to Indo this year, if not I'm hitting up costa rica I think.

mfoga said:
Boat trip? I have never heard about to many good spots in Thailand. Hope you get some good surf. I plan on trying to get a boat trip to Indo this year, if not I'm hitting up costa rica I think.

My company is paying my air way ticket and I do not need visa for Thailand. On top of this two, I am also planning to have full body massage after long surfing sessions at night by 2 ladies :monkey3

I am not sure which point to go yet, and I might take a boat trip if I can find a good one. I also would love to come to Costa Rica but it is so far away for me, I am only 4-5 hours flight to Thailand anyway so I pick there this year.Last year I went for business to England and take a 1 week off after work, was a great experience to hear this local Cornish English :D

congerking said:
Don't even get me started on the "ou" spelling for words that don't need it...like Colour......it's COLOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew :chew

Only if you're illiterate.

It's called ENGLISH for a reason, pal!

:D

Back