Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna pass... too plain imo and wish it was more of a classic design

im also hoping dc direct will do a 1/6 one in their designer series

Sideshow failed to do justice to Darkseid and now Deathstroke. These are huge characters that demand maximum effort and care.

Failed art direction here.

Looks pretty cool to me. Disappointed there aren't more switch out parts or at least a maskless head with eye patch. Maybe there will be more posted in the pictures when this goes up for preorder.

If this were the classic Perez suit, you can all watch this fly off SSC's stockroom faster than Deathstroke can catch Queen's arrow.

Maybe Sideshow should start making a poll once they secure a license for a specific line and/or character, regarding which costume most collectors would love to have in PF form? It's for their own good.

There was some decent stuff in New 52. Suicide Squad, Harley, Booster Gold was okay. They had a lot of good covers too like Catwoman and Tony Daniel Deathstroke. But yes, a George Perez style would please most Deathstroke fans, and is the best choice of all the costumes. I mean, I could live without the floppy pirate boots, but all they had to do was even a mix - George Perez style with a mix of realism would have been okay. Just like what sideshow did on the new Deadpool PF. Their own take on it, but not any huge changes.

Not to mention Snyder's runs on Batman, Superman Unchained and Swamp Thing. Deathstroke was good, Geoff Johns did his usual good stuff on Green Lantern and Wonder Woman was great. Loads more I've not mentioned.

Sideshow failed to do justice to Darkseid and now Deathstroke. These are huge characters that demand maximum effort and care.

Here, Here!

So disappointed that this Deathstroke is a miss! Damn ...they couldn't just use the classic look ...damn!

Such a dull interpretation of Deathstroke, I think all of Sideshow creative efforts are going into the COTD line and this Deathstroke took a backseat.

7 more years then we shall see another Deathstroke by SS

I disagree. The Darkseid PF is spot on to the classic 70's - 80's look of the character. His costume looks great. Some may not like the overall size of the Darkseid PF but no one can say his costume isn't a great representation of a classic Darkseid. That can't be said about this Deathstroke PF. SSC just made this costume up and put a DS portrait on it.

If this were the classic Perez suit, you can all watch this fly off SSC's stockroom faster than Deathstroke can catch Queen's arrow.

Maybe Sideshow should start making a poll once they secure a license for a specific line and/or character, regarding which costume most collectors would love to have in PF form? It's for their own good.

That's just it. SSC didn't need to make a poll. They were on an incredible streak with their DC PFs. It was all classic, all the time. Every single DC PF had a classic vibe to them. All they had to do was continue on the same path. That's why there's so much frustration with this piece. It's the 1st DC PF that deviated so drastically from the others. Hopefully, it's the last. At least until they complete a classic run on the characters first. After that, I don't care what they do.

Yep, Perez or gtfo. The prime1 version is awesome if you are into interpretive designs. This one doesn't really excel on that front.

Not even close to excelling. At least the Prime DS was very faithful to its source material. That's what he looked like in the Arkham Origins video game. This PF is a made up costume with a DS portrait. SSC couldn't get further away from the source material.

Very disappointed and surprised they dropped the ball with Deathstroke. Maybe they will still make some changes after hearing people's feedback.

From what I understand, when they announce pre-order, they are at the production level of the statue, and changes aren't made. The new Black Cat PF, which was another botched design, was met with a lot of criticism. Sideshow just made it an extremely low edition size. I don't know if there is another Black Cat in the works to rectify this, but I have my doubts.

Back