Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they gave him orange trunks and a little more orange on the front.....looks a little plain. I love the mask but overall a little disappointed.

Yes... Boring lo K. Could made him m more rugged too. Easy pass so far

Yes... Boring lo K. Could made him m more rugged too. Easy pass so far

Exactly. From what I see, there's no way DS looks rugged or deadly in this PF. Besides the poor costume choice, that's my biggest complaint.

It was doomed from the first preview when they listed him as part of the Batman villain line.

It was doomed when they decided not to go with the classic costume, chose this pose, and gave him Victoria's Secret model legs. This was a miss in the art direction/conception stage. I so badly wanted to buy this PF. I have to calm down. At this point I'm almost taking this personally. I'm so mad and disappointed. I can't think of another PF that gutted me like this one did. Maybe it's my love of the character but seeing this PF crushed me. If they decide to ignore the classic costumes in future DC PF releases, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

It was doomed when they decided not to go with the classic costume, chose this pose, and gave him Victoria's Secret model legs. This was a miss in the art direction/conception stage. I so badly wanted to buy this PF. I have to calm down. At this point I'm almost taking this personally. I'm so mad and disappointed. I can't think of another PF that gutted me like this one did. Maybe it's my love of the character but seeing this PF crushed me. If they decide to ignore the classic costumes in future DC PF releases, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Do we know if Prime 1 has a licence for a classic Deathstroke statue? I don't like Arkham Origins so I wasn't going to buy their AO statue, but admittedly it was a really well done statue.

Do we know if Prime 1 has a licence for a classic Deathstroke statue? I don't like Arkham Origins so I wasn't going to buy their AO statue, but admittedly it was a really well done statue.

From what I can see, Prime is only doing NEW 52 DC pieces in 1/4 scale. As far as the AO DS statue goes, I loved the game and costume design so I personally couldn't wait to buy it. I feel that way with a lot of the characters costumes in the Arkham games. That said, I'm going for a more classic DC and Marvel line up with my 1/4 pieces. I don't understand this DS PF. If you look at all of the other DC PF releases, SSC has done a great job of giving us a classic look or feel to the characters. The fact that they chose this character to deviate from a classic look is heart wrenching because it looks like SSC has a strangle hold on classic 1/4 DC statues. That's what makes this DS PF so disappointing for me. What other company can give us a classic 1/4 DS?

Reminds me of that New black cat PF from the Spider-Man line. They deviated so much from classic source material it was a huge miss.

Reminds me of that New black cat PF from the Spider-Man line. They deviated so much from classic source material it was a huge miss.

At least there's a classic Black Cat PF option for collectors (not to mention 2 classic COMs). What are the odds SSC will release a classic DS PF down the line? Especially if this PF sells poorly.

From what I can see, Prime is only doing NEW 52 DC pieces in 1/4 scale. As far as the AO DS statue goes, I loved the game and costume design so I personally couldn't wait to buy it. I feel that way with a lot of the characters costumes in the Arkham games. That said, I'm going for a more classic DC and Marvel line up with my 1/4 pieces. I don't understand this DS PF. If you look at all of the other DC PF releases, SSC has done a great job of giving us a classic look or feel to the characters. The fact that they chose this character to deviate from a classic look is heart wrenching because it looks like SSC has a strangle hold on classic 1/4 DC statues. That's what makes this DS PF so disappointing for me. What other company can give us a classic 1/4 DS?

I would be fine with a New 52 Deathstroke. The new 52 is a decent costume, and at least with Prime 1 you know you will get the changeouts. What's going on with this statue is just a jumbled uninspired mess, with none of the changeouts people want. Across both forums this statue is being absolutely panned, I wonder if Sideshow reads the forums or what will happen on pre-order day.

As a big Deathstroke fan, this is such a huge disappointment....what was SS thinking and how could they screw up such a cool looking costume...UGH !!!!

That's the KILLER part. It's not like his classic costume is hideous and not desired by collectors. It's a great looking costume that DS fans love. Instead we get this costume. UGH is right!!!

I would be fine with a New 52 Deathstroke. The new 52 is a decent costume, and at least with Prime 1 you know you will get the changeouts. What's going on with this statue is just a jumbled uninspired mess, with none of the changeouts people want. Across both forums this statue is being absolutely panned, I wonder if Sideshow reads the forums or what will happen on pre-order day.

While you may like a NEW 52 costume (there's nothing wrong with that, it's a personal choice), I hate everything NEW 52. I want a classic George Perez DS in 1/4 scale. It's devastating for me to think that may never come to pass.

I do agree with you though. Even a NEW 52 DS would look better than what SSC is giving us. In the end though, I'd pass on a NEW 52 DS too.

Man, the Classic and New 52 costumes both blow away this abomination. This is such a bland and uninspired depiction of an uber-cool character. I mean, scales like the ones on Aquaman would've been amazing.

Even though it's good to save money, I'm still very disappointed with this outcome.

While you may like a NEW 52 costume (there's nothing wrong with that, it's a personal choice), I hate everything NEW 52. I want a classic George Perez DS in 1/4 scale. It's devastating for me to think that may never come to pass.

I do agree with you though. Even a NEW 52 DS would look better than what SSC is giving us. In the end though, I'd pass on a NEW 52 DS too.

There was some decent stuff in New 52. Suicide Squad, Harley, Booster Gold was okay. They had a lot of good covers too like Catwoman and Tony Daniel Deathstroke. But yes, a George Perez style would please most Deathstroke fans, and is the best choice of all the costumes. I mean, I could live without the floppy pirate boots, but all they had to do was even a mix - George Perez style with a mix of realism would have been okay. Just like what sideshow did on the new Deadpool PF. Their own take on it, but not any huge changes.

Back