Dear Hot Toys - Re: MMS DX Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Riko, I don't have a problem with the figure as it is but the changes you suggest won't ruin it either so lets hope they listen, there was story on the BBC today about companies starting to listen to consumers and making changes, so there is hope.

Ohh, one thing I have just thought of I'd like to see different on the DX is better wrist pegs! preferably ones that don't break. :(

I just mailed hot hot toys with 5 emails and will resent the mails again so they will not overlook it :)
So this is my mail:

Hi Hot Toys,
(this is the complet mail, previous mail was incomplete)

First of all, WONDERFUL FIGURE!!! much more screen accurate than the previous one! But, there are just a few minor improvements that can be made:

1. the chest-area seen from side profile picture still sticks out a little bit to much. It is a vast improvement on the V1 version, but there is still room for improvement.
also the shape of the chest-area is a little bit off, but that is minor detail

2. there are to much wrinkles between his eyebrows...

3. the head is perfect sculpt but should be made a tiny bit wider as seen on the pic...

I attached 2 pictures.

Greetings from Belgium
Riko

and these are the 2 pics I added as attachement:
comparison3.jpg

CHEST.jpg

Wow, talk about nit-pick.

I can tell you right now they're not going to change it for that. I can't believe people are nitpicking his boobs, or should I say "tit-picking."

you should follow the latest posts in this thread than ;)
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59587

you'll ^^^^ your pants about the nitpicking going around there :)

my nitpicking is somewhat general, but in that thread it's REALLY nitpicking, going from gaunlets, to hands, from capes to texture of the pants that is different from the texture of the mid section etc etc

Care to share how you know this?

We'd like to know that also

kl241....?

I can tell you right now they're not going to change it for that. I can't believe people are nitpicking his boobs, or should I say "tit-picking."

there are several arugements to contradict that

1. if the ifgure is out to go due begin 2010, there is still time for SOME improvement

2. as a recollect, didn't HT listen to the comments when prototype pics of the V1 was released? yess they did, and that's a fact!

3. it is generally known that hot toys listens - reads - keeps in mind - whatever on what is said on boards

4. I got 3 arguments, you just got a believe based on nothing. So I think my presumption is more believable than yours

so unless you show us a mail from HT that says, we won't listen to you guys and we won't chance a thing on this fig, we'll keep on nitpicking!!! :)

I don't have to. They're not going to change the sculpt of the whole suit for what, a couple of brow wrinkles that you're griping about and his boobs are a few millimeters off. I don't consider these to be major deficiencies with this fantastic figure. It's already a tremendous improvement over the existing DK figure. You guys are finding fault down to the tiniest microscopic detail. They aren't going to redesign the whole suit just to placate your trivial obsessiveness. Get over it.

I don't have to. They're not going to change the sculpt of the whole suit for what, a couple of brow wrinkles that you're griping about and his boobs are a few millimeters off. I don't consider these to be major deficiencies with this fantastic figure. It's already a tremendous improvement over the existing DK figure. You guys are finding fault down to the tiniest microscopic detail. They aren't going to redesign the whole suit just to placate your trivial obsessiveness. Get over it.

Again, care to share how you know this?

Personally, I feel HT are good at listening to their customers. Case in point, the Joker DX changes which, although we have not seen the modifications yet, the confirmation that HT were modifying the costume was brought upon by us sending them our suggestions in excatly the same way that we are with this Batman.

Last edited:

again the facts, Hot Toys DID listen to the fans according to the adjustments they made to the sculpt of the mask of the V1. So they do listen.

+ there are no big issues for me "to get over it" since I will buy it no matter what, but meanwhile, why not send some tips to HT to make some other improvements? I do not see why we can't do that? Since it's a FACT that they do listen...

Uh huh, like the FACT that they listened about the height issue on the P1 Predator for example? Or how about the FACT that they listened to the complaints about the many innacurracies of the Aliens warrior?

Again, the facts don't support a bunch of titpicking whiners. If I were Howard Chan sitting in my office in Hong Kong reading this thread right now I'd be laughing my ass off.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not one thing for them to change the colour of a fabric costume and make the gloves a brighter purple on the Joker - and quite another thing to take out surplus frown lines in the cowl, add width to the head and do yet more rejigs of the batsuit to make it slimmer still..I'm no expert so if I'm talking BS feel free to say so.

But yeah I'm not as confident as others that Hot Toys will heed all complaints about the new Batman the way they were on the Joker. The problems with the joker were just incorrect colours no?

Uh huh, like the FACT that they listened about the height issue on the P1 Predator for example? Or how about the FACT that they listened to the complaints about the many innacurracies of the Aliens warrior?

Again, the facts don't support a bunch of titpicking whiners. If I were Howard Chan sitting in my office in Hong Kong reading this thread right now I'd be laughing my ass off.

sometimes I realize that I can be a ****** on this board :)

but when I read your comments, I understand now why some say I am a ******..

basically you are calling 50%+ of all who are posting about the DX figure a bunch of whiners...Even I wouldn't go that far

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not one thing for them to change the colour of a fabric costume and make the gloves a brighter purple on the Joker - and quite another thing to take out surplus frown lines in the cowl, add width to the head and do yet more rejigs of the batsuit to make it slimmer still..I'm no expert so if I'm talking BS feel free to say so.

But yeah I'm not as confident as others that Hot Toys will heed all complaints about the new Batman the way they were on the Joker. The problems with the joker were just incorrect colours no?

I agree 100%. It is going to be much more difficult to make requested changes here than the colour changes for the Joker.

That being said, what harm is it doing with a bunch of us trying. :)

Sure, fire away with the critiques. If it can possibly lead to a more accurate figure, even if I personally don't see all these faults, then its worth it.

I'd be the same if we were talking about a T1 or T2 figure and did my share of complaining about Dutch's long neck and the Predator being vastly too small.

They show us so early and tell us its pre-production so they CAN make changes, I think the changes Riko has suggested could be already on the cards as Hot Toys seem to have seen the criticism of the V1, thats why they list a new suit design, which got all the criticism of being too bulky before, I'd be surprised if the changes aren't made in fact.

Well, from reading these comments, I have to say well done to Riko for writing to Hot Toys. I honestly think they will do some small changes to the bulkiness of the front chest armour. I think that is the only thing that needs to be changed in my opinion. But requesting a bruce wayne head instead of a sonar head..... now that is a definite NO NO! to me and too others, okay guys. No bruce wayne head okay. Thats it. Have a nice evening guys.

Last edited:
I agree it doesn't hurt to try to see if these changes can be made, especially since they were willing to delay Joker for some changes (I'm aware they're not as big of a change as what we want with Batsy).

Also, I was kind of expecting a Bale Wayne head too. I'm not saying have that instead of the sonar eyes, but I wouldn't have mind paying a bit more for it especially since the previous heads weren't that great. I'm personally not a fan of the sonar eyes head because it doesn't show off the new awesome Batman head sculpt as well as the other head and I doubt a lot of people will be buying 2 to display both (could be wrong though).

Can somebody that has an Iron Man tell me where the battery and switch are for his helmet? I'm wondering if it'll be the same for Batman. My Pred's battery and switch for the mask go in the body, but if it's not like that for Batman's Sonar head I wouldn't mind replacing my original TDK Bats head with the sonar one. I think I'm talking nonsense though and it's probably not possible. ;)

Who knows,maybe thats not as outrageous as it sounds.If they gave him PERS,and packaged him with the case that contained the suit and weaponry i d be all over that!!

That would make an extremely badass dio! I love the one pic somebody posted before when suggesting it.

Back