Deadpool Sequel - 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Deadpool Sequel - TBD

Forced? Lol how could you not laugh at the notion of a man getting brutally robbed and killed because Wade Wilson naturally took too long to suit up and save him.

I liked the extended "suit-up" shot. The jokes once he reached the victim got zero laughs in my theater but I still found it amusing. Makes me a little worried that they may be trying too hard. But then again that may be the nature of the material. I found the first one to be exactly the right blend of endearing and insufferable. That's a tough trick to pull off repeatedly, but I'm rooting for it.

Forced? Lol how could you not laugh at the notion of a man getting brutally robbed and killed because Wade Wilson naturally took too long to suit up and save him.

the set up itself is not necessarily the problem but the jokes in between for me. the butt shot was lame middle school humor. the placing a call in the middle of getting dressed was dumb (something out of Naked Gun) Stan Lee joke was kinda goofy. the Wolverine joke is old EVEN for this deadpool Franchise. the music felt like trying too hard to get you to laugh.
I Swear there was a Seinfeld superman joke that used that song (or something similar)

it is just a short trailer but I hope the meta humor doesnt go to the max. what made the first deadpool work was that it didn't fully become a cartoon full of self referential humor (Not 100% entirely)

It was ok, but it was a bit forced. It's all in the timing, they stretched the joke too much, and the rest of the jokes inbetween that teaser are generally too easy too, same way they strained the Green Lantern and Wolverine Jokes.

Even the Thor & Darryl skits are better Deadpool humor. And you won't catch me praising MCU Thor often.

But the set up and the whole concept was good, just the execution. I think they shouldn't let Ryan Reynolds write all the jokes. I love the guy but he needs a little restraint, he seems to be one of those dudes who tells a joke, people laugh, and then tells more jokes until they stop being funny.

the set up itself is not necessarily the problem but the jokes in between for me. the butt shot was lame middle school humor. the placing a call in the middle of getting dressed was dumb (something out of Naked Gun) Stan Lee joke was kinda goofy. the Wolverine joke is old EVEN for this deadpool Franchise. the music felt like trying too hard to get you to laugh.
I Swear there was a Seinfeld superman joke that used that song (or something similar)

it is just a short trailer but I hope the meta humor doesnt go to the max. what made the first deadpool work was that it didn't fully become a cartoon full of self referential humor (Not 100% entirely)
Woah :goodpost: nailed it.

I liked the extended "suit-up" shot. The jokes once he reached the victim got zero laughs in my theater but I still found it amusing. Makes me a little worried that they may be trying too hard. But then again that may be the nature of the material. I found the first one to be exactly the right blend of endearing and insufferable. That's a tough trick to pull off repeatedly, but I'm rooting for it.
Wtf I love you now.

The material is 50% great and witty silly humor, that's the good Deadpool, and 50% what you see in that trailer plus boobs and other juvenile stuff, that's bad Deadpool.

So they got 50% right.

Good Deadpool is usually funny even at its raunchiest

Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose the equivalent of the teaser is something like this.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Although it doesn't have to be raunchy and EXTREME, Deadpool can be silly too, doesn't seem these new Deadpool fans realize that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Deadpool Sequel - TBD

I thought the teaser was great, I don't see what was wrong with it.

I thought the whole concept was pretty funny, and mostly the dialogue between the mugger and the old man. By the end is was stretched out a little bit but overall the teaser was unexpected and a nice little intro to Logan.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Deadpool but I really enjoyed that teaser.

I think you pinpointed it, I think it was the end that was stretched the most, still I think the whole thing should've been no longer than 40 or 50 seconds.

The concept isn't inherently bad, just the execution was soft.

I thought the teaser was great, I don't see what was wrong with it.

I thought the whole concept was pretty funny, and mostly the dialogue between the mugger and the old man. By the end is was stretched out a little bit but overall the teaser was unexpected and a nice little intro to Logan.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Deadpool but I really enjoyed that teaser.

it is as simple as this,
the trailer fully reminds me of this:

thats all i can think of from this trailer. Deadpool is going from superhero movie to full parody movie. I Hope thats not the case at all but thats why the phone booth idea gives me the wrong impression, because it makes me feel like this is a trailer for a parody movie like Scary Movie

I think you pinpointed it, I think it was the end that was stretched the most, still I think the whole thing should've been no longer than 40 or 50 seconds.

The concept isn't inherently bad, just the execution was soft.

Yea, I think that's just Ryan Reynolds humor though, you're either going to like it or hate it but he's always been like that. I rewatched Deadpool and I didn't hate it as much as I once did, the jokes weren't the problem for me it was how ridiculously simply the story was. It just wasn't that interesting. I'm hoping the sequel will be a bit crazier.

it is as simple as this,
the trailer fully reminds me of this:

thats all i can think of from this trailer. Deadpool is going from superhero movie to full parody movie. I Hope thats not the case at all but thats why the phone booth idea gives me the wrong impression, because it makes me feel like this is a trailer for a parody movie like Scary Movie

I can understand that, but I think it's because you guys are seeing that online at home and already know about the teaser. Going into Logan and this teaser showing up was a huge surprise and caught everyone in my theater off guard. Just watching it in that environment sparks a ton of laughter.

Deadpool is going from superhero movie to full parody movie.

And therein lies the reason why you didn't care for the teaser or the first film in general.

This cinematic iteration of Deadpool is a parody of the current CBM genre. What made that first film great was that like Cabin in The Woods parodying the horror genre, Deadpool went after the superhero movies. Why do you think Goddard was brought in to write DP2?

This franchise will never be a standard superhero franchise. It doesn't wanna be nor should it and what makes it pop is that its brave enough to brilliantly roast the dominant film genre of today.

I like the guy from Stranger Things being rumored for Cable. Pierce Brosnan would have been wrong for that role but I'd love for him to play another character.

I am expecting Colossus to return ... hopefully we'll see some more familiar mutants.

I LOVE the idea of Kerry Washington as Domino (which is rumored) she could literally play any role. Sienna Miller was up for the role but I think that's been established as not working out.

I hope Cable can somehow bring Olivia Munn back so Psylocke can be in X-Force. It won't feel right without her. I wonder if they will have X-23 interact with Deadpool ... either as the child or time travel and Cable brings back an older version of her.

And therein lies the reason why you didn't care for the teaser or the first film in general.

This cinematic iteration of Deadpool is a parody of the current CBM genre. What made that first film great was that like Cabin in The Woods parodying the horror genre, Deadpool went after the superhero movies. Why do you think Goddard was brought in to write DP2?
I'm all for parody.

But do the jokes need to be bad?

brilliantly roast the dominant film genre of today.
Again, no.

There's nothing brilliant about this nor Deapool 1. As a parody.

There are good jokes in Deadpool 1, but the bad ones are as bad as Girlbusters.

Not brilliant at all. Mediocre at best as a whole.

that's what I'm expecting... hoping for Hailee Steinfeld
C4Amg3vWIAIjtiW.jpg

This franchise will never be a standard superhero franchise. It doesn't wanna be nor should it and what makes it pop is that its brave enough to brilliantly roast the dominant film genre of today.

Deadpool has never been a full parody. He is still a "superhero" hes in between worlds of serious and parody. Hes a crazy character in a real world. Hes never been 100%parody.
He makes commentary and breaks fourth wall and talks to the audience,
But the world around him is not a full parody. When he breaks fourth wall spidernan doesnt understand what is going on. Spiderman is not in on the joke.
Spiderman in the comics they share together is still a real character.

If they went full parody then spiderman would show up dressed like a clown

Deadpool has never been a full parody.
Yet in the movie they has giant cartoony Colossus with hillarious accent who does hillarious cartoony stuff. If that's not a parody then I don't know what is...

Yet in the movie they has giant cartoony Colossus with hillarious accent who does hillarious cartoony stuff. If that's not a parody then I don't know what is...

Didnt everyone agree that this was the most faithful colossus live representation ever made? More than the x men movies?

Besides the cartoon had the same accent, is the cartoon a parody?
A lot of people loved that deadpool got colossus right, personality and accent combined.

So, no, i disagree. He was not a full parody. The accent was pretty normal.

Didnt everyone agree that this was the most faithful colossus live representation ever made?
More than the x men movies?
He looked closer to the CB character but other than that he was a parody of that character.

Besides the cartoon had the same accent, is the cartoon a parody?
Cartoon's a silly and colorful action trip from CB to TV.
Completely different from bleak and gritty film adaptations.

The accent was pretty normal.
For a silly and colorful movie.
It sounded NOTHING like the actual Russian speakin' English.
Heck, Mickey Rourke sounded more believable in IM2.

Back