DC Direct releasing 1/4 "museum quality" Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
That Alex Ross statue is $195 and looks to be 1/6 scale, so I don't think it's part of the Cover series. I wish it were though, it's very nice and I might have to get it anyway.
Curious.

Here's a scan from the side panel of my Superman #1 box, advertising the Ross figure as part of the Cover to Cover series.

Maybe they super-sized it because it is based on the work of "THE GREAT COMIC GOD ALEX ROSS!"

But if the comic book behind him is the dimensions of a standard book, the statue would be a little shy of 1:6.

:dunno

I hadn't noticed that on the statue box. But looking at the plaque it clearly says $195 and it's obviously bigger than the others. It does appear to be smaller than the 13" doll in front of it though. The base also looks like the ones from the cover series.

The Ross statue looks a little petite for 1/6th but can't say as I can tell for sure. Great looking piece though.
The 1/4 scale Superman looks pretty good. Pretty sculpt and the costume overall looks fine. Too bad DCD seems to hate Supermans boots so much though. What's up with that?
And again, the "Daily Planet" statue is gorgeous. Not sure what to do as I'm not a statue guy. Not yet at least. Stuff like PF Superman, the "Planet" statue, SSC PF Buffy and John Wayne, could truly be my ruin. I mean once you open up the flood gates I fear I will be unable to close them again.

chamildav said:
Stuff like PF Superman, the "Planet" statue, SSC PF Buffy and John Wayne, could truly be my ruin. I mean once you open up the flood gates I fear I will be unable to close them again.

I hear ya:sick

Some nice stuff really but those are some pretty steep prices, no? I'd love to have the Ross statue but at 195 I should pass.

Back