DC Direct releasing 1/4 "museum quality" Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to see more pictures before I make up my mind on it.

11.jpg

Boots look a bit saggy and that neckhole's a bit wide, but pretty cool otherwise. Wonder how much it'll cost?

It's the same everything from the 1/6 figure it seems - why can't they let Sideshow do it? :banghead

I do like that Alex Ross statue in the background though.

Me too Dave, that is a sweet statue..

here is a pic of the 12 inch bats in case you had not seen it...

46.jpg

Darklord Dave said:
It's the same everything from the 1/6 figure it seems - why can't they let Sideshow do it? :banghead

I do like that Alex Ross statue in the background though.
Exactly my thoughts. They should just give up and let Sideshow handle 1/4 scale and 1/6 scale. ;)
Batman looks okay, but he's 13" tall. :banghead

Gruson said:
I don't like it at all.

Well of cuarse you wouldnt like it! You have the definitive 1/4 scale Superman coming your way dont you! Anything else is just below par.

btw, love the sig. Easy access to your outstanding collection

I'm getting a strong retro vibe from the 1:4, which I like. (And is it just me, but from that angle doesn't Supes look like a young Tony Curtis?)

The small statue is based upon Alex Ross' Superman Forever #1 cover art, and is the next entry in DCD's Superman Cover to Cover mini-statue series.

The Batman figure could be modeled after the 1940s costume, the shorter cape appears to have the spines the Golden Age costume featured. Again, strong retro vibe. I like it.

glxy.jpg

FrankenFan said:
The small statue is based upon Alex Ross' Superman Forever #1 cover art, and is the next entry in DCD's Superman Cover to Cover mini-statue series..

Based on it's size in relation to the 1/4, I assumed that statue was a good 9-10" tall.... That's the same scale as their other cover to cover statues? I wonder what the size specs are on the 1/4...

The Superman #1 stature is 7.5" high; Superman #24, 8.5"; Superman Special '83 #1, 9"; so the Ross statue will probably fall somewhere in between.

Here's another pic for size comparison:

Below and to the right of the Ross statue is the Superman Returns 13" figure, which appears to be quite a bit taller than the Ross statue.

If DCD's 1:4 scale calculations are anything like their 1:6 scale math, that thing is huge.

I REALLY like the look of the Weta statue of Superman on the metal base in the lower right hand corner.

Why wouldn't DC Direct give the license for these to SS?:banghead

I'm not really feeling the 1/4 Superman at all, but it is a nice concept. I like the old look.

That Alex Ross statue is $195 and looks to be 1/6 scale, so I don't think it's part of the Cover series. I wish it were though, it's very nice and I might have to get it anyway.

Back