DC DIRECT: Batman (Justice) 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 points of articulation and guess what? His head is not one of them!

I got mine over the weekend and love the sculpt but am disapointed there is little to none as far as head movement. The cowl base and mask are one solid piece.

He does look great though.

I got him the day he came out, and I'm satisfied with the final product.

I already have the other DCD 13" Batman figures, so the lack of articulation at the neck really doesn't bother me.

I still think the first black and grey Batman is the best out of this line anyway. :dunno

I got him the day he came out, and I'm satisfied with the final product.

I already have the other DCD 13" Batman figures, so the lack of articulation at the neck really doesn't bother me.

I still think the first black and grey Batman is the best out of this line anyway. :dunno

I agree it looks great..but don't advertise it as having 28 points and not have neck articulation. That's a slap in the face to collectors IMHO.

While it is disappointing I'm not surprised. Ross often draws his Batman with a Keaton styled cowl where its one solid piece so DCD went for look instead of functionality.

While it is disappointing I'm not surprised. Ross often draws his Batman with a Keaton styled cowl where its one solid piece so DCD went for look instead of functionality.

Uhh...yes.

Ok, I stared a good five seconds at your sig before even reading your post.

Kudos sir :bow

I picked this guy up yesterday and I am pretty happy with him. He comes with a folding Batarang and three sets of gauntlets (fists, gripping, open/karate chop). The paint is great but there is no neck articulation. The cape is a lightweight vinyl material and unfortunately no wire in the hemming for posing it. The one I got has a pretty loose left arm and leg at the shoulder and hip.

Here are a few pictures.

p1040673k.jpg

p1040675d.jpg

p1040681l.jpg

p1040679i.jpg

p1040665.jpg

The white specks on the close ups are just little pieces of packaging dust that I didn't wipe off before taking pictures.

That is quite the crotch on this one....I don't like the eyes.....face looks too elongated but the overall look is pretty good, right up there with KC Supes and Alan.

Hmmm... me no likey what me see so much...
Is the packaging collector friendly? Might have to check him in hand and maybe sell him.

Thanks for the pics!

The outfit is nice but the head is really disappointing. The proportions on the body look off as well.

Goddamn, imagine if Hot Toys had licence to do a line like this. How depressing.

Eek, hate the headsculpt/cowl/cape, like everything else. Might be too costly to bother getting him to fix up, short of clearance.

The outfit is nice but the head is really disappointing. The proportions on the body look off as well.

I really like the head sculpt but yeah, the proportions look a little off to me too. Head looks a little too big and I feel like his waist is too narrow.

He comes with 3 sets of pre-posed hands: fists, "holding" hands (batarang fits nicely), and "karate chop" hands.
I had a hard time trying to get one of the gripping hands on, so I just put the fist back.

The Batarang is really cool. It is jointed in the middle and can fold into a "lobster claw" shape. Since it folds up, they should have included a place on his utility belt in the back for it - but they didn't.
Also, my batarang keeps coming apart but I can squeeze it back together.

Cape is really nice. Big and a thinner vinyl than the previous "13 Black Batman figure.

He has a zipper running down the back of the suit, but it seems kind of pointless. As far as I can tell you can't remove his head, or boots (solid molded plastic) or even his belt.

Overall though, I really like him. I think he photographs well and I'll try and post some pix here soon.

-Ray

I've worked out what bothers me about the head. Bruce has no ears under there, which is fairly accurate to Ross' art, but the shape of the head on the figure here doesn't even suggest he could have ears under there.

The head isn't round enough. I wonder if that could be adjusted with a little boiling water like the medicom TDK.

Back