DC Direct 6" Watchmen figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF0602.jpg

it takes alot of persausion, and the end result is abit crap

Not really feeling the other three, but I really like how the bases connect together. Might have to try and track some of them down.

The colouring and general sculpt/design of this remind me a lot of Chris O'Donnell's Robin suit in Batman Forever. It even has the nipples! :D

(And before Watchmen fans have a heart attack, that's not an insult. Next to the Batman Begins suit the Forever Robin is my favourite superhero costume. Bad movie, great costume.)

They are all more impressive in person.
They really are! In fact, the lack of articulation makes Rorschach the least impressive of the 4 in-hand! :google

The colouring and general sculpt/design of this remind me a lot of Chris O'Donnell's Robin suit in Batman Forever. It even has the nipples! :D

(And before Watchmen fans have a heart attack, that's not an insult. Next to the Batman Begins suit the Forever Robin is my favourite superhero costume. Bad movie, great costume.)
Oh trust me, none of us will have a heart attack over the observation. That's because it's intentional and purely by design. Snyder wants people to be reminded of past superhero movies (including the Schumacher bat fests) and that's the explicit reason behind the look of some of the costumes, particularly Ozymandias.

In fact, here's a direct quote from Snyder on this very topic:

"When we talk about mass culture embracing superhero movies, for instance, with Ozymandias's costume, it's, 'Oh, he has nipples. It's like a Joel Schumacher thing.' That's not an accident. Nipples didn't just show up on that costume because we thought it was cool. It's because we want to say, 'Yeah. Joel Schumacher made a bunch of superhero movies.'

Like the book did for the comic genre, the purpose of the WATCHMEN movie is to deconstruct the genre in that medium. If it works it will be really hard for many people to look at existing superhero movies the same way again.

I picked up a full set today. Couldn't resist these any longer. I think Ozy is actually my favorite of the set, although Nite-Owl is really cool too. Great to see balljoint heads on both! I'm really anxious for the second series now! Although I will not take part in DCDs cheap cop-out variants. The extra heads really shoulda just come w/ Rorschach and Blake.

I wouldn't mind a third series cause Ozy leaves me wanting Bubastis. Hooded Justice would be a cool one to have and of course the 1940s Comedian. Then I think Moloch would round out the set nicely but they'd probably go for a priosn garb Rorschach...which I'd still buy.

Back