DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't care about Hush so much, but The Long Halloween/Dark Victory hell yess!!! :hi5:
As I said in the other thread, I don't really get the appeal of these extremely faithful toon adaptations, but I can concur that Hush pales in comparison to Loeb's other well-known Batman story arcs. Thinking back on it, I guess Loeb's gimmick is shoving as many recognizable bat-villains as he possibly can into his arcs.

Don't care about Hush so much, but The Long Halloween/Dark Victory hell yess!!! :hi5:

Word. I don't get what people like about Hush. Sure, the art was pretty, but the story was kinda crap. In an animated version, we'd lose the pretty art and have a crappier version of an already crap story.

I think the gimmick overtook things at that point, when the commercial pressures of shoving this villain and that villain into things, or giving fans the geek-gasmic Superman/Batman fight, took precedence over telling a good story. But folks glossed over all that because they got to see Batman fighting everybody they could possibly want him to fight, and with Jim Lee's glorious artwork to boot.

I think the gimmick overtook things at that point, when the commercial pressures of shoving this villain and that villain into things, or giving fans the geek-gasmic Superman/Batman fight, took precedence over telling a good story. But folks glossed over all that because they got to see Batman fighting everybody they could possibly want him to fight, and with Jim Lee's glorious artwork to boot.

Yeah well that's true with Hush.

But The Long Halloween is just an epic murder mystery for me. Love the interpretation of Two Face, Batman, Gordon

He had the oval/target until he gets shot in the chest, right. Then he changes from the lighter blue suit to that classic bat symbol and dons the darker black & grey suit for the second act...if I remember correctly.

....I liked Hush....

:monkey1

I love Jim Lee's artwork in it more than the story itself, but I didn't hate the story. It was entertaining for what it was. Pretty forgettable apart from Batman almost beating Joker to death before Gordan stops him. Loved that part.

One of the most overrated artists in comicdom.
I think he's a great artist, credit where it's due. He's just ridiculously overexposed and hyped. And as a creator/designer, well. . .sometimes pictures speak 1,000 words:

250px-Wildcats_promo.jpg

DCnU-the-new-52-Justice-League-1.jpg

The pouches, the jackets, and the leg belts of those '90s X-Men are pretty unforgivable.

....I liked Hush....

:monkey1

I love Jim Lee's artwork in it more than the story itself, but I didn't hate the story. It was entertaining for what it was. Pretty forgettable apart from Batman almost beating Joker to death before Gordan stops him. Loved that part.
Funny. . .I don't remember that :lol

Back