Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

No expense spared?:rotfl

Saw this on ROTPOTA IMDB.

On the day of the film's release, director Rupert Wyatt revealed ideas for the next film. It may take place eight years after the end of this film, showing the next generation of apes who are the offspring of the intelligent apes. These young apes would be going into war. Caesar would be leading the revolution, but Koba (the chimp who killed Steven Jacobs) would be leading troops and committing genocide. Maurice the orangutan would be Caesar's adviser. The humans would be living underground to protect themselves from the virus. This may be what "dehumanizes" them. From the sounds of it, this story would be somewhat in the vein of Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973). Koba would lead troops and express his hatred towards humans like Aldo the gorilla. Maurice would be helping Caesar like Virgil the orangutan did. The humans would begin living underground, much like the humans living below San Francisco in the 1973 film. Whether they will become like the mutants in Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) is currently unknown, though that's unlikely as those humans were mutated due to radiation fallout. Supposedly titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, it is scheduled for release in 2014.

Sounds great. If they still plan for that, that is.

Second Generation Apes would be anle to talk which will be great to see.

Sounds interesting. That poster looked dumb to me (evokes the revolution already shown in Rise and Conquest) and didn't seem to move the series forward. That synopsis above does. So whereas Rise can be looked at as a remake of Conquest, Dawn will be a remake of Battle. If this turns out well, I'd love to see two more that reimagine the original and Beneath. Perhaps they'll be called Twilight of the Planet of the Apes and Fall of the Planet of the Apes? :lol

No expense spared?:rotfl

Reminds me of an older Dirty Harry Advertisement only the gun barrel was 4 inches longer...I think it was Magnum Force...This one should be called "Monkey Force" or "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper-Force Go"....LOL

Looking forward to seeing this in 2014. Definitely enjoyed ROTPOTA and fondly recall seeing the originals when I was a kid back in the 70's and thinking wow, talking monkeys, that is so cool. I still think my mom may have my MEGO figures that I had back then.

I've avoided the box set of original films.. because I only really love the first film, while I only like select moments in the following films. '3' wasn't bad all up..

I've avoided the box set of original films.. because I only really love the first film, while I only like select moments in the following films. '3' wasn't bad all up..

You can get the box set cheap now at Amazon, and all the sequels have their merits.

My favorite was "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes." Great action and I love seeing the apes take over! :rock

Back