DarkSide: Terminator 2 - T-800 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for a great T2 collectible for a long time. This looks okay I guess but it is still a pass. To me it is just not good enough. Queen will probably surpass this.

Last edited:
I'm impressed by the eyes. His left is a little more squinted, which is a signature look for Arnie. The eyelids and crows feet look good. This alone made me go 'hmmm' even though I've never bought a statue before - realistically though the price and space considerations will likely put me off, together with it being a company that hasn't earned trust yet it would seem.

I'm impressed by the eyes. His left is a little more squinted, which is a signature look for Arnie. The eyelids and crows feet look good. This alone made me go 'hmmm' even though I've never bought a statue before - realistically though the price and space considerations will likely put me off, together with it being a company that hasn't earned trust yet it would seem.
Their T800 on motorcycle still hasn't even released yet. Who knows when these will be released. I mean it looks great, but I just can't seem to get excited by this company's announcements, when we are yet to see a single production piece from them.

Whatever Queen Studios do will likely blow this out of the water anyway.

I’m not impressed, there’s just something about Darksides statues that look “dated.” This looks like something sideshow would’ve released a decade ago.

I’m not impressed, there’s just something about Darksides statues that look “dated.” This looks like something sideshow would’ve released a decade ago.
I somewhat agree. I do think it's better than Sideshow standards, but compared to everything else coming out these days it definitely looks dated. I mean, just have a look at the JND Batman that went up for sale yesterday. The suit is fully sculpted yet looks like fabric.

As someone who hasn't ever bought statues I guess there's something I'm not attuned to about where statues 'should' be at now in terms of quality.

I think I see what you mean. This is a case where I'm so used to seeing Arnold likenesses that are completely off I'm impressed when someone does one that comes pretty close* and I overlook other things. This doesn't have the lifelike quality of those JND The Batman pieces.

*I say tentatively, half expecting someone to chime in with ''what?? the likeness on this blows'' - usually P., although he'd use different words and an hilarious comparison.

I think I see what you mean. This is a case where I'm so used to seeing Arnold likenesses that are completely off I'm impressed when someone does one that comes pretty close* and I overlook other things. This doesn't have the lifelike quality of those JND The Batman pieces.

*I say tentatively, half expecting someone to chime in with ''what?? the likeness on this blows'' - usually P., although he'd use different words and an hilarious comparison.
I'm kind of the same. Because I haven't really seen a silicone statue I care about buying I'm kind of blind to how much better they are. I'm sure whatever QS release will show me soon enough

I somewhat agree. I do think it's better than Sideshow standards, but compared to everything else coming out these days it definitely looks dated. I mean, just have a look at the JND Batman that went up for sale yesterday. The suit is fully sculpted yet looks like fabric.
I believe the JND the Batman suit is mixed media and fabric. QS and P1 are sculpted, with the exception of the cape

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
T-800 30th Anniversary Premium 1/3 Scale Ultimate Version Statue
by DarkSide Collectibles Studio
A massive Statue from a massive Master Painter Dario Barbera !
Congratulations to all our Creative Dept.!

Sh7jLEj.jpg

KIaGdOg.jpg

gsne50H.jpg

The hole statue looks dated and it will have premium price tag. I am still not impressed. I am passing this one. Today it should look a lot better. Also the company didn't released even their first T-800 and they are almost 2 years behind without any update.

Nope, it's fully sculpted. I thought it was fabric too. Only the cape is mixed media.
Really? If so, it looks pretty damn good for sculpted!

Attachments

• 5463ABE3-FC2A-471D-83E8-31736C6ECAF1.jpeg
    5463ABE3-FC2A-471D-83E8-31736C6ECAF1.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 5F106B7E-7C5D-4004-AD1D-F4A749B78824.jpeg
    5F106B7E-7C5D-4004-AD1D-F4A749B78824.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 19
Back