Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am hesitating on pre-ordering this figure.

The risk is that it will sell out before it releases and then end up being an incredible figure. I'm seeing it happen with a number of these third party figures. Hopefully there's a window between it selling out and in-hand pics.

What third party figures are truly awesome? You're counting Doc Ock -- which is solid -- but what else?

Supermad Agent K
Supermad Bionic
Redman Bill the Butcher
TBL League Lady Death
TBL League Vampirella
Young rich Miles morales
DID Captain Miller

Third party figures is where the hobby started. Now it?s some dirty word. HT and SSC rarely impress me anymore because they limit everything to such popular licenses. Fact is most of the crap HT throws out is destined to be worthless once the fad of the moment wanes.

There are tones of absent licenses that they could pick up for a song and make a real artistic statement, but nah, churn out some more iron men, Spiderman, and troopers, cause no actual work needed for the head. Oh next one will be Mando , not to hard to produce a zillion Mandalorian armors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermad Agent K
Supermad Bionic
Redman Bill the Butcher
TBL League Lady Death
TBL League Vampirella
Young rich Miles morales
DID Captain Miller

Third party figures is where the hobby started. Now it?s some dirty word. HT and SSC rarely impress me anymore because they limit everything to such popular licenses. Fact is most of the crap HT throws out is destined to be worthless once the fad of the moment wanes.

There are tones of absent licenses that they could pick up for a song and make a real artistic statement, but nah, churn out some more iron men, Spiderman, and troopers, cause no actual work needed for the head. Oh next one will be Mando , not to hard to produce a zillion Mandalorian armors

Totally agree. I gotta throw in Lim Toys with their Snake figures.

Personally I look at most of these third party pieces as being a good kickstart to a longer term kitbashing project, so as long as there ends up being enough that is worth using to justify the price overall, I'm usually okay with it, and if it turns out to not need much work on release, then that's just a happy bonus.

That's only as long as it is a character I am invested in enough to potentially spend the added time and money on improving, of course.

All great examples . As far as them kit bashing, that?s always an option and one I personally love about the hobby. The most fun I have had in this hobby was fixing VTS Furiosa. It was basically everything you need for a great Furiosa.....just a few small ?upgrades? and boom there you had it. At 3/4 the price of the HT ones that , with many releases have the same problems . While HT does hit a home run occasionally , I find most of their head sculpts now to be on par with the 3rd party. The paints are much better most of the time, but a excellent paint job cannot overcome a lousy portrait. The 3rd party figures often have the opposite issue.

I think we are also in somewhat of a renaissance of 3rd party stuff. There have been some very interesting releases lately that I have paid way more attention to than anything HT or SSC is up to.

Who would imagine we would be seeing a Raimi Green Goblin , a Deckard , or a decent Myers coming from a 3rd party?

It?s been a pretty good year for the older , less popular Licenses.

I browse KG and Giant more than the HT site these days.....

The most fun I have had in this hobby was fixing VTS Furiosa. It was basically everything you need for a great Furiosa.....just a few small ?upgrades? and boom there you had it.

The bashing is the most fun. :duff

Regarding Furiosa, I stopped my rebuild waiting for a head that never came. I still need to finish her.

Supermad Agent K
Supermad Bionic
Redman Bill the Butcher
TBL League Lady Death
TBL League Vampirella
Young rich Miles morales
DID Captain Miller

Lim Toys, CCToys, Damtoys Wasteland, Artfigures Dredd are all very good 3rd parties. Even those Resident Zero figures are decent. Lots of great 3rd party figures at affordable price just depends what is your poison.

Lim Toys, CCToys, Damtoys Wasteland, Artfigures Dredd are all very good 3rd parties. Even those Resident Zero figures are decent. Lots of great 3rd party figures at affordable price just depends what is your poison.

Indeed that Dredd was very very good.

Really sad the hobby became "steal a Custom figure and lets Copy in a cheap way " . If u can't buy a Rolex ,buy a Solex . I prefer don't have It that way . IMHO

Really sad the hobby became "steal a Custom figure and lets Copy in a cheap way " . If u can't buy a Rolex ,buy a Solex . I prefer don't have It that way . IMHO

I agree when it comes to something like this Deckard figure that is wholly stolen from Buffy and Iris.

But less so when its something like Xensation's Game of Thrones Tywin with a new sculpt and outfit.

but most people that buy fake Rolex don't buy them because they really wanted the watch but more on boasting their ego, ok some genuine rolex owner may get 1 to daily so they won't beat up their originals.

for toys it's more about something we have always wanted.

are there better watches out there than a Rolex? of course. are there better Deckard out there that doesn't require a commission, nope.

Ace Toyz deserves a shoutout too, they gave us an entire team of Power Rangers.

And they made a really nice Micheal Keaton headsculpt that is in some ways less "idealized" than Hot Toys', though both have their qualitites.

I also own an AC Play Batman Returns Catwoman, which looks really great and a has a very accurate Michelle Pfeifer headsculpt.

Quality unlicensed 1/6 are definitely out there.

Back