Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definite recast of the super-expensive, super limited Scuptor Buffy Deckard. https://www.instagram.com/sculptor.buffy/?hl=en

Clothing looks to be a copy of the Iris set. Trench looks a little thick, but this looks to be the best third-party Deckard so far.

Dead right. That is the Buffy Rick and Iris outfit.

No one should expect a Dark Toys figure to come with this level of tailoring, and materials will likely be much cheaper... and the recasted head will be on the smallish side.

Looks at the accessories, the cheap stickers on the machine and bottle, the very rough casting, no detail in the badge, etc. That is more the level of what you will get.

Tailoring is great, likeness is solid, and the accessories are outstanding. Would love to see a Rachel, Batty, and Tyrell.
Roy, Gaff, Tyrell, Sebastian, Soldier and Bear 2-pack. I have Pris and Rachel, but would pick up spares as well.
Didn’t Dark Toys release a Ledger Joker a while back? A number of 3rd party companies have popped up in the last couple of years, so who knows.

Dead right. That is the Buffy Rick and Iris outfit.

No one should expect a Dark Toys figure to come with this level of tailoring, and materials will likely be much cheaper... and the recasted head will be on the smallish side.

Looks at the accessories, the cheap stickers on the machine and bottle, the very rough casting, no detail in the badge, etc. That is more the level of what you will get.

I’m worried about the old bait and switch as well. I guess it’s possible the prototype could be comprised of custom parts. Will just have to see what ends up in hand.

Redman have put the details up on their Facebook now:

Redman Toys

29 mins

DARK TOYS 1/6 Collectible Figure Blade Runner Rick DX
Item No:DTM004

Products include:
Head Sculpt (Normal)
Head Sculpt (Maimed)
Brown Coat
Classic Shirt
Lattice Tie
Brown Siut
Brown Pants
Leather Blet with Holster
Shoes
Polygraph
Paper Crane
Pistol
Wine
Wine Cup
Watch
Police Certificate
Police Badge
Body
Hands X 8
Exquisite Design Stand

PREORDER ENDS 2020 Dec 30
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL 2020 July

Wor-Gar and Indiana are absolutely correct. This is a recast of the beautiful Buffy sculpt and I am 90% certain that the shirt in the image is Iris's tailored shirt. Please be aware.

I wonder if this has any effect on Supermad Toys plan making a Rick Deckard from the first film (their Officer K is great). Worried that Dark Toys being affiliated with Redman Toys the quality of the final product will suffer, but if it looks close to what is shown in these promo shots, I will definitely buy one and any other character they make from the film.

Redman have put the details up on their Facebook now:

Good to know this comes with a body :D

And also with "wine" and a "polygraph" :D :D

Very conflicted about this. Promo images are clearly deceiving and I don't condone sculpt theft. On the other hand I'd wish to own this figure.

I'm excited for this figure! I just received my Redman Toys Dracula 2.0 figure, and I LOVE IT!

185734mxhomq49vx5ohk9v.jpeg

185734vjjzfr4peydvqavf.jpeg

185735o9ei9fl9geg6111t.jpeg

185735ow2hvvcihmhv6r7f.jpeg

185735mxfdmdhejdmcefha.jpeg

185736w4wk4lcf4krw3fkl.jpeg

185736z1vvapvj11g0j2s1.jpeg

185736llg40gbd43clj4xo.jpeg

185736veeoeem7eyndkbkv.jpeg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=367777&extra=page=1

I GOTTA get this one. Looks close enough to Ford IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this has any effect on Supermad Toys plan making a Rick Deckard from the first film (their Officer K is great). Worried that Dark Toys being affiliated with Redman Toys the quality of the final product will suffer, but if it looks close to what is shown in these promo shots, I will definitely buy one and any other character they make from the film.

I think Supermad Toys will still make a 2019 Deckard figure. When Blackbox Toys produced an Officer K figure before them, it didn't stop Supermad making their own version... which turned out better overall imo. From what I have seen so far, Dark Toys/Redman will only make other Blade Runner figures if they can copy the sculpts and clothing of other BR figures. Redman have already (re)done a version of Roy Batty.

Redman’s Roy is terrible. I don’t think they’d be able to get their hands on a Pettersen version to recast or copy.

Redman have already (re)done a version of Roy Batty.

They 've also redone a version of Rick which is one of the weakest figures I own, especially the hs.
If I remember correctly Brother Production did the 2nd version, I don't remember who did the 1st.
I agree dark toys version is a recast of a Pettersen hs & Iris outfit,
question is are we seeing the copycat figure or parts of the original items?
It's the 1st time I see redman redoing the same character.

blade rick.jpg

blade roy.jpg

Redman is decent but doesnt quite hold up to Dark Toys version.

Is the figure this companys first production? I dont recall seeing anything by them before.

Redman is decent but doesnt quite hold up to Dark Toys version.

Is the figure this companys first production? I dont recall seeing anything by them before.

The listing says DTM004, I checked and DTM001 is a Jim Carrey The Mask figure, DTM002 is Anton from No Country and DTM003 is Patrick Bateman. No idea if any of them were released yet.

The listing says DTM004, I checked and DTM001 is a Jim Carrey The Mask figure, DTM002 is Anton from No Country and DTM003 is Patrick Bateman. No idea if any of them were released yet.

The Mask released recently, and there are several video reviews, e.g.,

I didn't want to order Rick from KGH, but they keep pulling me back in - they currently have an 8% off code (8KG20). Plus I had a little bit of store credit left.

https://www.kghobby.com/dark-toys-dtm004-rick-dx-1-6-scale-figure/

Has anyone noticed the barbiedoll-like relaxed hands in the last shot? I wonder what that could mean, all of the other hands seem to be casted from a better plastic and painted

Does that promo code work with this figure?

It works with every purchase over 50 USD, but it means you'll have to pay up front as the 20% deposit isn't enough.

However, I think it might allow you to pre-order something else to get the value up to 50 USD. I was testing it out yesterday on items and a message was telling me how short I was before the code would apply.

It works with every purchase over 50 USD, but it means you'll have to pay up front as the 20% deposit isn't enough.

However, I think it might allow you to pre-order something else to get the value up to 50 USD. I was testing it out yesterday on items and a message was telling me how short I was before the code would apply.

But then the 8% would only apply to the 20% whichis kind of ridiculous... Unless they are willing to concede the discount when you pay off the figure at launch...

But then the 8% would only apply to the 20% whichis kind of ridiculous... Unless they are willing to concede the discount when you pay off the figure at launch...

Exactly, it's best to just pay it all up front and get the maximum benefit.

Paying up front also knocks off another 3% as usual. The list price comes down from 155 USD to 138 USD (plus delivery of course).

Has anyone noticed the barbiedoll-like relaxed hands in the last shot? I wonder what that could mean, all of the other hands seem to be casted from a better plastic and painted

Yes I did to, hmm. I wonder if what you will get will be the same as in the pics.

Back