Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They 've also redone a version of Rick which is one of the weakest figures I own, especially the hs.
If I remember correctly Brother Production did the 2nd version, I don't remember who did the 1st...

Toy Syndicate made the original Android Hunter and Android figures. There were 2 versions of the Android Hunter figure, but I think the only difference was the head sculpt. Brother Production then reproduced the Deckard and Batty figures with new headsculpts. They added accessories for the Deckard figure, as well.

The Mask released recently, and there are several video reviews, e.g.,

I didn't want to order Rick from KGH, but they keep pulling me back in - they currently have an 8% off code (8KG20). Plus I had a little bit of store credit left.

https://www.kghobby.com/dark-toys-dtm004-rick-dx-1-6-scale-figure/

Good to see it's already up for pre-order. Any particular reason why you hesitated to order him through KGH? I only purchased Supermad Toys Officer K through them and was pretty happy with their service.

Good to see it's already up for pre-order. Any particular reason why you hesitated to order him through KGH? I only purchased Supermad Toys Officer K through them and was pretty happy with their service.

Over the years they've begun to rack up a number of mistakes, such as wrong invoices, an invoice in USD instead of HKD, ignoring order instructions and inventing their own values for customs, failing to be able to supply pre-ordered figures - not just the generally shorted Krennic, but also a CooModel Mummy where they seemingly forgot to order the Deluxe version and could only supply the regular.

To be fair to them they haven't messed up my last few orders. :lol

I feel happier ordering from OneSixthKit, but he doesn't stock figures by companies such as Supermad or SooSoo. I don't think Kit sells Redman/Dark Toys either.

It works with every purchase over 50 USD, but it means you'll have to pay up front as the 20% deposit isn't enough.

However, I think it might allow you to pre-order something else to get the value up to 50 USD. I was testing it out yesterday on items and a message was telling me how short I was before the code would apply.

Thanks. I ordered this one through KGHobby. I havent had any trouble with them so Im content. The promo code for me however was KG82020. Entering the promo code and paying up front brought the figure down to $169.49 shipped. Not bad!

I looked at a review of their Mask figure and their quality appears to be pretty decent. We will see what happens with this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I ordered this one through KGHobby. I havent had any trouble with them so Im content. The promo code for me however was KG82020. Entering the promo code and paying up front brought the figure down to $169.49 shipped. Not bad!
I looked at a review of their Mask figure and their quality appears to be pretty decent. We will see what happens with this figure.

They made a mistake when they originally posted the code. On Facebook it says 8KG2020, and on their website KG82020.

However, both numbers work.

I'm still waiting for someone to put up Black Box's Joi 2.0, which was shown on BBICN's forum four days ago.

Yes I did to, hmm. I wonder if what you will get will be the same as in the pics.

I wondered if maybe the painted vinyl-like hands were from a custom that this figure is trying to ape off of, and this figure will be more akin to those shiny hard-plastic hands. I have a redman figure, and the whole figure is the cheapest blown plastic you've ever seen

I think Supermad Toys will still make a 2019 Deckard figure. When Blackbox Toys produced an Officer K figure before them, it didn't stop Supermad making their own version... which turned out better overall imo. From what I have seen so far, Dark Toys/Redman will only make other Blade Runner figures if they can copy the sculpts and clothing of other BR figures. Redman have already (re)done a version of Roy Batty.

the thing is Supermad aren't known for releasing figures with lots of accessories. so there's that. and we won't know when Supermad will release the Deckard.

I already have the Redman Deckard, he looks OK from far away. Maybe this will be an upgrade, and Supermad the v3, just like androids.

anyway wish they made the wet hair look on the battle damage sculpt.

high chance those glossy hands are flexible thus cannot be painted. or just the original hands from the cheap body and the rest are sourced elsewhere.

the thing is Supermad aren't known for releasing figures with lots of accessories. so there's that. and we won't know when Supermad will release the Deckard.

Their Officer K came with plenty of unique accessories, though.

anyway wish they made the wet hair look on the battle damage sculpt.

Yeah, that would have been nice, but I'm happy we're getting two headsculpts to begin with.

Saw this in a KBHobby email. I'm not sure about it. On the one hand, it's a good HF sculpt. The outfit seems ok too. Voigt-Kompf machine is a nice inclusion, even though it looks pretty cheap and crappy. Odd that they don't include the broken fingers version of the right hand.

I have the Brothers Production Deckard and it could definitely use an upgrade, especially the horrendous head sculpt which literally looks nothing like HF (as you guys can see in the thread). So this is very tempting.

However, I've been very happy with Supermad's Agent D and 2 Bionic men. They did mention that they would work on it, so I think I'll wait for their version. Maybe seeing Dark Toys's announcement will prompt Supermad to announce their version sooner rather than later. Their first Bionic man had some decent accessories, like the battery packs he wears on his jogging outfit, a huge bar bell, and a football. So I think their Deckard will have a few things included.

Saw this in a KBHobby email. I'm not sure about it. On the one hand, it's a good HF sculpt. The outfit seems ok too. Voigt-Kompf machine is a nice inclusion, even though it looks pretty cheap and crappy. Odd that they don't include the broken fingers version of the right hand.

I have the Brothers Production Deckard and it could definitely use an upgrade, especially the horrendous head sculpt which literally looks nothing like HF (as you guys can see in the thread). So this is very tempting.

However, I've been very happy with Supermad's Agent D and 2 Bionic men. They did mention that they would work on it, so I think I'll wait for their version. Maybe seeing Dark Toys's announcement will prompt Supermad to announce their version sooner rather than later. Their first Bionic man had some decent accessories, like the battery packs he wears on his jogging outfit, a huge bar bell, and a football. So I think their Deckard will have a few things included.

Problem is Supermad takes forever to release a figure, so we may be looking up to 2 or 3 years for their version to come out...
I am in the same boat as you (Redman version though), that was my thinking also to just buy and change the hs.

Their Officer K came with plenty of unique accessories, though.

Yeah, that would have been nice, but I'm happy we're getting two headsculpts to begin with.

unique yes but not much, don't expect them to make that screening machine, but the price for this set is quite high.

Problem is Supermad takes forever to release a figure, so we may be looking up to 2 or 3 years for their version to come out...
I am in the same boat as you (Redman version though), that was my thinking also to just buy and change the hs.

this cost much more than redman, total cost of deckard would end up more than a custom.

this cost much more than redman, total cost of deckard would end up more than a custom.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but a few things to consider:

- little-known company
- it's a prototype
- it's a prototype (more than likely) comprised of some of the highest end head sculpt (Buffy $$$$), outfit (Iris $$$$) and accessories available released over the last couple years (if that).

This could totally end up being a much lower quality production piece, a bait and switch or not see the light of day at all.

I'm curious to see how it'll play out.

Yeah, Supermad takes forever. But I'm ok with waiting. I found all 3 figures I have from them to be worth the wait.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but a few things to consider:

- little-known company
- it's a prototype
- it's a prototype (more than likely) comprised of some of the highest end head sculpt (Buffy $$$$), outfit (Iris $$$$) and accessories available released over the last couple years (if that).

This could totally end up being a much lower quality production piece, a bait and switch or not see the light of day at all.

I'm curious to see how it'll play out.

Yeah, definitely a risk.

Their Mask figure turned out ok imo. I recommend people to check it out on YouTube and compare it to their prototype pictures before considering preordering this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've been burned too many times by these third party companies, so the only ones I really feel comfortable preordering from anymore are Soosoo and Toysera.

Back