Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats belt and holster is gonna desintegrate anyminute. Had one like that and had to change it.

I know I should wait for more pics but I just hope this is a worthy purchase , I don't want to feel like I could have bought an HT Star Wars figure instead and kick myself . I suppose I could sell it and get some of my money back if I don't like it.

That "Rick" stand is outrageous. What are you all going to use? I am trying to find a suitable stand.

I was thinking something similar to what I made for Rorschach would work for Deckard but I’m open to suggestions if anybody has some display stand ideas.

I'm in agreement with most of you that the sculpt is actually good underneath that paint app. A repaint should really shine.

last year or two, I picked up a custom base/stand on ebay for my custom Deckard. It looks fantastic and definitely better than the one that comes with this figure.

Deckard base 2.jpg

Deckard base 1.jpg

I'm in agreement with most of you that the sculpt is actually good underneath that paint app. A repaint should really shine.

last year or two, I picked up a custom base/stand on ebay for my custom Deckard. It looks fantastic and definitely better than the one that comes with this figure.

View attachment 558406
I have the same stand in my display for over a year now,, empty, waiting for this figure. It's a great stand.

Unfortunately for my shelf space, I hate printed stands. And I adore diorama stands. So I am just looking out to find some street/roof/generic sci-fi stands that could work out.

Has anyone else heard anything about this from TNS? They haven't responded to my inquiry about my preorder. I seriously hope they didn't cancel it for some reason.
They sent me a final invoice for the remaining cost last week, with a February 7th deadline. No mention whether these were in stock or merely expected any day now. I'm really hoping mine ships out before Chinese New Year.

Also did some custom display to my Deckard some months ago.

By the way, have the invoice pending on Giantoy for this Dark Toys figure, and I'm still on the fence about it to be honest. Bought mostly for the accessories and eventually the sculpt (if it was at least close to Buffy's), but I'm not totally sold yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125_221122_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125_221122_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 130
They sent me a final invoice for the remaining cost last week, with a February 7th deadline. No mention whether these were in stock or merely expected any day now. I'm really hoping mine ships out before Chinese New Year.
TNS got back to me this morning, invoice and all. They stated it was in stock.

Unfortunately for my shelf space, I hate printed stands. And I adore diorama stands. So I am just looking out to find some street/roof/generic sci-fi stands that could work out.
I remember years ago, board member by the name of Spenser offered a scaled replica of the Frank Lloyd Wright wall paneling present in Deckard's apartment. That would be a nice display setting.

Back