Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what’s driving KGH’s really high shipping costs? I wanted to get the Starship leader from them but didn’t wanna pay $70 for shipping..

Has anyone else heard anything about this from TNS? They haven't responded to my inquiry about my preorder. I seriously hope they didn't cancel it for some reason.

Just paid my invoice for the balance--no the wait begins. Looks like I have to re-sew the shirt collar to make the pattern closer to the edge. Very much looking forward to having an affordable Blade Runner in my collection. I agree the KG pictures look better. A slight subtle touch up on the paint should make this very good.
Please let us know when you do that resewing I hope it works out.
Mine has shipped
I think it's a pretty decent Deckard for that price, once futzed, customized it will look great.
Makes me glad for their furtur mad max

Looking at the white version on ebay, those are based on the Adidas Stan Smith sneakers, which are very similar to the Official. They are pretty much spot on for a Deckard figure. Great find! :D
What worries me about the white ones is I once bought some white boots made of a similar plastic to apply black primer to. It seemed simple, but once applied, instead of drying, the plastic became sticky and deteriorated. In fact, they ended up in the trash. Anyway, I guess the black version will be back in stock sooner or later.

EDIT: Seller just answered me that the black ones "may be available after 30 days", so maybe it's best to wait until they're back in stock.

Last edited:
Received email from KG earlier today that mine has shipped!

As for the sculpt itself, it seems ok, but the paint apps... Those eyebrows! :horror

Still awaiting shipment on mine.

I can't imagine the paintwork is that bad on these, because Redman have usually been pretty good. The recent Dark Toys' Anton had good paint apps.

However, both sets of photos are the worst possible kind to put into the public domain. It's the sort of action you'd expect from a competitor, rather than a customer and a retailer. :lol

Anyone know what’s driving KGH’s really high shipping costs? I wanted to get the Starship leader from them but didn’t wanna pay $70 for shipping..
yes, they are. 250 HKD normally but sometimes higher. Othe companies like TNS or onesixthkit have the shipping included in the price.

there are pics of the kitbashed Rick in ebay now.

Those accurate Adidas sneakers maybe seem a bit big with the hollow inside for feet . Are they Kumik?

Last edited:
Postage prices have been rising during the pandemic.

Kit reported recently that there had been a number of rises.

Regular airmail is currently suspended to the US, so KGH is turning to the more expensive alternative.

yes, they are. 250 HKD normally but sometimes higher. Othe companies like TNS or onesixthkit have the shipping included in the price.

there are pics of the kitbashed Rick in ebay now.

Those accurate Adidas sneakers maybe seem a bit big with the hollow inside for feet . Are they Kumik?
Link to the Deckard on ebay?

Link to the Deckard on ebay?
Just search "1/6 DTM004".

The sculpt appears to be indeed soft. Still bad pictures though...

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg

s-l1600-7.jpg

s-l1600-9.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

While I was searching YouTube to see if there were any reviews of the Dark Toys Rick, one for Redman's older figure turned up:

Dark Toys may not be a premium brand, but compared to their first attempt it does look like Redman's premium brand!

I had the brother V2, some custom shirt tie shoes from a customizer here eons ago...
Didn't want to get into custom headsculpt route, and the clothes were crappy, Sold it almost a week after.

this one will do just fine.
I envy those who have the skill to touch up the paint.

Actually a question, when a head is flat, does it need a full repaint or just add some.
There's this one but also the onesithkit Henry Cavill sculpt that I wish were not so flat.

The blaster is on the weak side, too. But it's decent.

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Here's a comparison with Supermad's. I think the grips are better on the Dark Toys', which has crisper paint app but has a strange gloss patina all over it. And it's also the 2049 version.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 11.52.45.png

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 11.52.47.png

All of this just to show off my 2049 Tomenosuke, for comparison with the "real deal" :D

IMG_6022.jpg

Back