Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was eagerly expecting to see photos of just the sculpt, as I have bought the older Redman version.
From what I am seeing so far the hs is not that better, but I 'll wait for better pictures before making my final judgement.

I was eagerly expecting to see photos of just the sculpt, as I have bought the older Redman version.
From what I am seeing so far the hs is not that better, but I 'll wait for better pictures before making my final judgement.
Not better than this?
Hot-Redman-TOYS-Blade-Runner-Rick-Deckard-12.jpg

This is definitely the best non custom Deckard. The only things I dislike is the damaged head sculpt paint job and the alcohol bottle labels. The main sculpt seems pale and the details a little washed out but overall not bad.

Aren't we doing the usual jumping-of-conclusions again whenever the first set of (usually mediocre cell phone) pics are posted on this forum? No disrespect to the person who snapped those photos, but right away I can see the white balance is off, the details are blurry, and the angles are too close to get good sense of how this will look in hand.

Also, of the few Redman pieces I have, the headsculpts are surprisingly better than what other licensed manufacturers have produced. The Pulp Fiction Jules they made is much better than Star Ace's portrait, and the same can be said of their most recent Leon compared to what has come before.

In the entire near 4 DECADES since Blade Runner's theatrical debut, has there ever been a mass-produced 1/6 figure as good as this one is turning out to be? I know it's easy to get used to the lofty standards that 1/6 scale collectors have come to expect these days, but let's also step back and get a little perspective. I'm just glad this thing isn't turning out to be as disappointing as Premier's Mad Max effort.

The headsculpt they have copied looks a lot more like Deckard than their previous effort, but the clothing doesn't look to be much of an improvement, imo.
It will be interesting to see what the Supermad Toys version looks like, if/when they get around to making it. At least they seem to be actual Blade Runner fans and interested in getting the details right.

The headsculpt they have copied looks a lot more like Deckard than their previous effort, but the clothing doesn't look to be much of an improvement, imo.
It will be interesting to see what the Supermad Toys version looks like, if/when they get around to making it. At least they seem to be actual Blade Runner fans and interested in getting the details right.
Brothers production and Redman version, a copy of the previous one. i think there was a previous one to brothers, are much the same and clothing is garbage. This one has a more accurate coat, shirt and tie. Even the blaster is better

Brothers production and Redman version, a copy of the previous one. i think there was a previous one to brothers, are much the same and clothing is garbage. This one has a more accurate coat, shirt and tie. Even the blaster is better
I agree that the original figure clothing was "garbage" (by today's standards), but I would argue that the clothing is still far from accurate on the production figure.

RD_1.jpeg
RD_2.jpeg

Now that you mentioned it, does we know who actually made the head sculpt?? , I mean we all know what redman/darktoys do 😏

I found this one from the sculptor Buffy, but I also know of some others artist like scott Petterson and iris with a great Deckard sculpt

FB_IMG_1642983649762.jpg

Last edited:

I agree that the original figure clothing was "garbage" (by today's standards), but I would argue that the clothing is still far from accurate on the production figure.

View attachment 557989View attachment 557990

I was really hoping to upgrade my custom Deckard with the clothing based on the prototype. Hopefully we'll get more review pics and videos that show the set in a better light.

I was really hoping to upgrade my custom Deckard with the clothing based on the prototype. Hopefully we'll get more review pics and videos that show the set in a better light.
I was planning to do that to but after seen the pics I guess I'm gonna just repain the two head sculpts and keep my old android hunter as it is

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_123932.jpg
    IMG_20220123_123932.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 84
Well, the prototype was clearly an Iris (or Yunsil? Can't remember) outfit and the head was the Buffy one. We all kind of knew the final product wouldn't be meeting those kinds of standards. I'm eager to see more, though I wish TNS would get back to me.

I was planning to do that to but after seen the pics I guess I'm gonna just repain the two head sculpts and keep my old android hunter as it is
Mine looks similar to yours but I have the Jnix head sculpt. The accessories in this set look to be pretty good, so at least we'll be using those.

Well, the prototype was clearly an Iris (or Yunsil? Can't remember) outfit and the head was the Buffy one. We all kind of knew the final product wouldn't be meeting those kinds of standards. I'm eager to see more, though I wish TNS would get back to me.
True but I thought that they would at least be able to come close, having that set as a 1/6th scaled reference, and a good one, at that. I hope that I didn't rush to pre-order...

Redman is a 6 (for my standards) and DT seems a 7 (with early pictures).
If that stays the same after better pictures, there isn't any great advantage for me to buy the DT hs.
I actually hope the DT hs is better than those early pics, I really want to upgrade my Redman figure.

Last edited:
KG Hobby increased the price again. He's now 1400 HKD and it's also possible to order him at that price, which means they really must have him in stock.

Trouble is that the Chinese New Year is looming, and they said they'd already received masses of new stock.

His shoes were the Adidas "Official", with brown laces.

View attachment 558094
Yeah so the shoes aren’t quite right in the respect that they appear to be actual shoes and not trainers/pumps. I like that detail in the film, makes sense - if you are on your feet all day running around after skin-jobs then you’d need comfy and tough foot wear. Not shoes. I’ve ordered some pumps for mine…

Back