Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Souls

Humanity is really only good for summoning help for bosses, IMO.

Ok, interesting, Thanks. I know you cant be hollowed to be attacked either. Its interesting how the game mechanics are named differently, but very very similar to Demon Souls - which I dont mind

Yeah, the only benefits are invading and the bonus some weapons get from having Humanity, but IMO the only worthwhile reward is the help you can get.

Yeah, the only benefits are invading and the bonus some weapons get from having Humanity, but IMO the only worthwhile reward is the help you can get.

And better loot drops. And the rewards you get from giving humanity to some covenants.

DARKWRAITH ARMOR HOOOOOOOOO! Got mine yesterday.

So, New Game+ is stupidly easy. Of course, I'm SL 267 so that has something to do with it, but it's insanely fun going back through and annihilating things that gave me trouble the first time around and collecting the gear I had missed before. Really not looking forward to going back to Anor Londo, though.

Damn, Crow...Level 267!?!?!? What do you recomment for early farming? I am ten hours in, level 18 or so and feel like I am at a standstill a bit. My character is still too weak to kick ass, and am stuck on the Firelink Shrine area - and its surrounding locales

I put this down to play Uncharted 3; now that's done, i am back to Dark Souls. This game like Demons Souls is crack to me for some reason

Funny thing for me: if I can find a legit exploit, I will use it....like if you can go to one corner for entire boss battle and not take damage or something

As for Soul farming versus souls farming exploiting, thats a toughie in my book.....I generally willl avoid it as the whole point of the game is to be hard

I can't seem to figure out how to leave people messages. What am I doing wrong? I can only gesture.

I can't seem to figure out how to leave people messages. What am I doing wrong? I can only gesture.

Gesture seems to be really fickle for me....to leave messages (and rate other peoples), you need the Orange Guidance Soapstone - you can get this
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure why they chose to have to make you find an item this time around

Question for anyone with this: does the game opening intro play when you are at the title screen after a couple of min? Mine just stays on the title screen....such a cool opening intro, wanted to watch it again

Gesture seems to be really fickle for me....to leave messages (and rate other peoples), you need the Orange Guidance Soapstone - you can get this
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure why they chose to have to make you find an item this time around

Question for anyone with this: does the game opening intro play when you are at the title screen after a couple of min? Mine just stays on the title screen....such a cool opening intro, wanted to watch it again

Thanks! I will look for it. Made it to a Tauris something and he kicked my ass in one hit. :gah:

I am on the Dead Burg level (ie level 2) and going slow, but making progress. Beat one of the many dark knight looking dudes, then some dude throwing white balls of light got me

Ok, get the Drake sword by shooting with bow and arrow the dragons tail (tip area) about 20 times and it will be yours.....with 200 hit attack or whatnot its amazing. My strength stat was good enough to use

Why even pay for the game? Just watch the youtube videos. :dunno

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I beat the game the first time through legitimately, aside from a good bit of soul farming in Darkroot Garden.

NG+, though, is my time to go through, take advantage of every exploit I can find, get every piece of gear I can find, and assert my domination over Lordran for the pain I went through the first time around.

And it's glorious.

Damn, Crow...Level 267!?!?!? What do you recomment for early farming? I am ten hours in, level 18 or so and feel like I am at a standstill a bit. My character is still too weak to kick ass, and am stuck on the Firelink Shrine area - and its surrounding locales

I put this down to play Uncharted 3; now that's done, i am back to Dark Souls. This game like Demons Souls is crack to me for some reason

If you have a way to farm up 20k souls, do that then go to the blacksmith before Darkroot (in Undead Parish) and buy the seal of whatever (I forget the name) to unlock the door in Darkroot Garden. There are some enemies there that will net you 10k souls in about 4 minutes, and there's a bonfire right outside the door that will allow you to reset them over and over.

And for being a "coward", Spliff sure does text me every time he needs to know something about the game. I basically walked him through every aspect of it, so DON'T GIVE ME ANY CRAP, SPLIFF.

Thanks, Crow....LOL, love the call out from Team Crow and Team Spliff...you guys are funny

Ok, got the Drake Sword, beat my 2nd black knight, and just took out Havel the Rock in one sitting....DAMN, i feel good right now...

As soon as I figure out how to farm faster, my ass is really upgrading. level 22 now, about 17 game hours in

A tip that will help you throughout the game immensely: once you get to the Depths, you will find a room with a guy stuck in a jar. Roll into the jar to break him out. DON'T ATTACK IT.

This is Laurentius of the Great Swamp. If you're not already a Pyromancer, he will be your best friend. Once you rescue him, he'll appear in Firelink Shrine and will teach you Pyromancy. Once your Pyromancy Flame is leveled up, it will help you through some of the toughest fights in the game. It really is handy, especially when melee just isn't cutting it.

Also, Spliff and I have known each other since the early, early Spawn board days. If we say something mean about each other, don't take it seriously.

Also, he's a racist.

Last edited:
Back