Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Souls

A tip that will help you throughout the game immensely: once you get to the Depths, you will find a room with a guy stuck in a jar. Roll into the jar to break him out. DON'T ATTACK IT.

Also, he's a racist.

Thanks, I have not gotten there, so will remember to roll into it. I assume if you attack it, he becomes hostile? Thanks. When I beat havel today, I went thru the door with the master key and took on some Diamond creature...took him down, but took a bit even using the Drake sword

Guess there is a patch hitting tomorrow addressing a lot of issues. Exact time, unknown...

Sorry to hear about the Spawn board guys

Yeah. That was a Crystal Golem. Luckily, there are 4 beyond that door, as well as a Hydra that hates you. That was one of my least favorite fights of the game because there's an almost invisible ledge that is far too easy to roll off of.

No worries about the Spawn board. It had been a horrible place for years and years.

Came upon a winged dragon on a rooftop; gonna hold off on that.......found the Leather outfit in that area we talked about, thanks...seems great.

Off to buy a new pS3 controller - my battery is shot, and have the R1 taped together with scotch tape - lol, i am a little rough on the controller

This game is so good at making one overwhelmingly pissed off. Then when you finally get by a part it feels so good, only to be extremely pissed off again. :lol:gah:

Anyone know where I can find my first spells. I have none. :gah:

Yes, in the Firelink Shrine area, just up from the fire pit or whatnot, there will be a guy that is a little evasive (at first); keep talking to him, and if you enter into a Convent, he will teach you miracles. Later in the Undead Burg, there is a locked door with a guy in it, if you buy the key from the undead merchant, you will free him, and he will teach you sorcery -he will be in the same general area after that from the miracle dude. For these to be effective, make sure your Faith & Intelligence stats are up to par

Seems like you and I are both at the beginning, feel free to PM me anytime

I just got the Crest of Astorias from the undead blacksmith, which unclocks an incredible way to farm souls in the following area. Currently at a level 50 thanks to that. Here is a link to the vid that explains it: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHG-cuBakg[/ame]

Keep in mind that this is a legit exploit - at least it seems one to me, as its the game's reaction to your character. I got the necessary 20x by using the Drake Sword and taking out the big skeleton in the graveyard - focused on just the one......

Last edited:

Thanks! One more questIon. I need a catalyst again apperntly. Where can I find one?

Thanks! One more questIon. I need a catalyst again apperntly. Where can I find one?

Multiple locations, actually - off the top of my head, the same guy I meantioned, that you unlock from the door before the Capra Demon boss, will sell you one - he'll be back at the Firelink Shrine area (once saved - he's the dude that hooks you up on sorcery

I was invaded for the first time tonight and won! Yay me....felt good kicking someones ass, as I always got mine handed to me in Demon souls

Multiple locations, actually - off the top of my head, the same guy I meantioned, that you unlock from the door before the Capra Demon boss, will sell you one - he'll be back at the Firelink Shrine area (once saved - he's the dude that hooks you up on sorcery

I was invaded for the first time tonight and won! Yay me....felt good kicking someones ass, as I always got mine handed to me in Demon souls

I was able to get up to 27,000 souls last night. I spent about 2 hours grinding. What a mistake. I got tired and sloppy and lost them all. :gah: I was so pissed. Two hours wasted.

I was able to get up to 27,000 souls last night. I spent about 2 hours grinding. What a mistake. I got tired and sloppy and lost them all. :gah: I was so pissed. Two hours wasted.

Whoa, where did you grind that took two hours...? Did you get the Drake Sword? Off the dragons tail by the bridge...use that to take out two skeletons by the graveyard down the stair, then take out the one just up to the left, avoiding the group of em in the middle. 20k should take 45 min.....

Man, sorry to hear that, what a bummer. Some merchants will sell the ring of sacrifice...definitely get one

Whoa, where did you grind that took two hours...the vid I sent will take 10 min or less

I'm not at that point in the game yet. I'm at the bridge with the dragon and letting the dragon work for me. :lol

I was trying to collect 20,000 souls to do like what your video showed. I died getting there and then died again trying to get back to my soul. I was so pissed off!

I'm not at that point in the game yet. I'm at the bridge with the dragon and letting the dragon work for me. :lol

I was trying to collect 20,000 souls to do like what your video showed. I died getting there and then died again trying to get back to my soul. I was so pissed off!

man, sorry to hear it......I'll be online later....if you can leave a sign, maybe the game will send me to help with the boss area...

Had a much better time last night. I'm level 28 now and I picked up that thing from the blacksmith. Need to fight the Gargoyels although I did get an axe from one of them.

Had a much better time last night. I'm level 28 now and I picked up that thing from the blacksmith. Need to fight the Gargoyels although I did get an axe from one of them.

Ok, about the bell top gargoyles. Talk to the dude whos the Sun worshiper (opposite the dragon on the bridge) when human. if you do, he will have a sign on the floor outside the gargoyle level. He joined my game and practically defeated them on his own

Wait I just re-read your comment: how did you get an axe from them without fighting them? I am still learning as I go too

Ok, about the bell top gargoyles. Talk to the dude whos the Sun worshiper (opposite the dragon on the bridge) when human. if you do, he will have a sign on the floor outside the gargoyle level. He joined my game and practically defeated them on his own

Wait I just re-read your comment: how did you get an axe from them without fighting them? I am still learning as I go too

I just looked it up because I couldn't figure out how I did it. Apparently you have to hit the first gargoyles tail a bunch of times. He will drop it.

Thanks for the tip. Although I'm having a hard time finding humanity.

Its pretty sporadic at first. I've found more and more, but I hate how you cant invade unless you are alive....really limits the online aspect

Back