Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Souls

bought this but to busy to play only have time for arkham city :( anyone want to buy it for 55? free shipping

So, after beefing up Resistance and getting my magic stats, plus using that stone that endows your weapon with lightning, makes things not so scary.

Still terrified traversing white lights, but once you get a decent shield and your defenses up it makes the game a lot more fun since you stand a better chance. Finally able to kill all those black knights and stuff, and the mini-bosses are a walk in the park(if tedious). In love with the game all over again.

I am unbelievably pissed off right now, I WAS ABLE TO SUMMON SOMEONE TO HELP ME KILL THE GARGOYLES AND I MAGICALLY DIE FROM FIRE HALFWAY ACROSS THE ROOF WHEN THE OTHER GARGOYLE HAD ONE HIT LEFT. So damn pissed. This guy was able to beat the hell out of them no problem and of course with my luck it all goes to hell. Awesome.

I am unbelievably pissed off right now, I WAS ABLE TO SUMMON SOMEONE TO HELP ME KILL THE GARGOYLES AND I MAGICALLY DIE FROM FIRE HALFWAY ACROSS THE ROOF WHEN THE OTHER GARGOYLE HAD ONE HIT LEFT. So damn pissed. This guy was able to beat the hell out of them no problem and of course with my luck it all goes to hell. Awesome.

LOL. You're still in love though right?

I was insanely pissed at Demon's Souls for a while. I kept fighting the one female "Idol" boss. I would leave and have to fight her all over again. I did this several times. So I cheated and looked online. Apparently I missed some ****** bag that was resurrecting her. So needless to say I finally beat her.

This game reminds me of what Castlevania should be today.

LOL. You're still in love though right?

Haha, definitely. I went right back after ranting, and all you have to do is Reverse Hollow and he's right back there to help you out. Good thing I have like, 3 Humanities and a double one.:lol

Spliff: get a bow and about 100 arrows, then go under the bridge where the red dragon is perched. Hang out under there and snipe his tail until he flies off and voila, Drake Sword.

I'd advise getting the Drake Sword, it's awesome. Great for dealing with some of the bosses too.

Strangely though I'm finding myself using the Halberd more and more. It's great when you just wanna poke at enemies while still doing alot of damage. Easier to upgrade than the Drake Sword too.

I love spears. Got myself a Lightning Spear yesterday and have been using it almost exclusively since.

I had my first legitimate ragequit yesterday thanks to a boss encounter with the lovely Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough, and the four plus hours and thirty plus attempts it took to beat them. That fight, though, is a perfect example of DS's game mechanics in that if you're patient and utilize the combat system and skills they provide you with, no challenge is insurmountable. I didn't feel that way while I was repeatedly dying, admittedly, but once I settled down, learned the fight and played smart, I beat it. The hard way, too, with no humanity and only five +2 flasks. Seriously, go look it up on YouTube. That's an accomplishment.

The Crystal Ring Shield's special attack didn't hurt, either.

I've got a +3 Halberd and have been flying through bosses, even my +1 Halberd was taking care of all those earlier mini-bosses too! Not to mention putting lightning on it makes it invincible!!

cr0w: I've read that it makes the bosses too easy, is that true? Or does it just give you a lil edge?

It requires a long wind up time and you have to stand still, which is almost always deadly in boss fights, so you have to use it very strategically.

Don't upgrade all your weapons to lightning or fire, if you're a DEX or STR build, go all the way up to +15 since elemental weapons don't scale with stats. Also make sure you have a Divine weapon before you hit the Catacombs.

Man I didn't even know you could upgrade weapons with elements.

Also can you kill the dragon that you get the Drake Sword from?

I'm not sure. I just shot his tail off and let him go on his merry way. I think you can with a ton of arrows, I just don't know for certain.

As you progress throughout the game you'll find Embers. Dark Ember, Enchanted Ember, Fire Ember, etc. that you give to the blacksmith that will allow him to ascend your weapon from +10 to an element. Standard weapons aren't really worth it, you'll get a lightning spear in Sen's Fortress and you can use the soul from Quelagg in Blighttown to forge Quelagg's Fury Sword from a curved +10 sword that will do fire damage, so standard weapons should be upgraded along the normal path.

The Drake Sword will get you pretty far but eventually you'll outclass it.

Yeah, I've got some embers already and those fancier titanite stones, and was wondering why the hell I couldn't ascend or do anything else with them, didn't know you had to upgrade them that much before you could do fancy things. Also, I'm so pissed I didn't cut the gargoyles tail and head off, I didn't know you could get a helm and axe from it. :(:(:(:(

I'm aiming for everything's tail now. Also, should I use the Butterfly Moth's soul for a weapon or cash it in?

One last night, thank GOD the Capra Demon was easy, after his stupid dogs butt____ed me, it was easy figuring out how to beat his ass after. If I didn't kill him I would've lost my 10,000 souls.

Managed to get a bit of playtime in last night, and encountered the Moolight Butterfly. Quite an easy kill in my opinion. Dodge, dodge, dodge, run and hit with sword several times. Repeat until dead lol.

Those knights before him though were a grind!

Yeah, I've got some embers already and those fancier titanite stones, and was wondering why the hell I couldn't ascend or do anything else with them, didn't know you had to upgrade them that much before you could do fancy things. Also, I'm so pissed I didn't cut the gargoyles tail and head off, I didn't know you could get a helm and axe from it. :(:(:(:(

I'm aiming for everything's tail now. Also, should I use the Butterfly Moth's soul for a weapon or cash it in?

One last night, thank GOD the Capra Demon was easy, after his stupid dogs butt____ed me, it was easy figuring out how to beat his ass after. If I didn't kill him I would've lost my 10,000 souls.

Never use the bosses' souls for anything but making weapons.

Capra Demon is pretty easy once you get rid of those stupid dogs. Just run up the stairs, and when he follows you do the falling strike on him. Should kill him in two hits.

Also, I just beat the Ceaseless Discharge, should I go onto the gold door? That's not the final boss or anything is it? :|

Ok, just started this the other day. About ten hours in, I have my character at a Soul Level 18, but need way stronger character stats. I managed to defeat the black knight, which was cool, but the heavily armored dude near him just owns me :)

More Farming tomorrow........I found the inital level real easy, but boy, that changes fast!

I am impressed how nice the game looks. I mean, demon souls looks very nice still, but this one definitely raises the bar. Considering how many monster types there are, I am kinda blown away

Still getting used to the whole humanity thing - i know it helps drops and whatnot, but does being human make your character stronger than when Hollowed? It seems the same...?

I ended up picking up one of From Softwares classic PS1 titles too - curious about that

Back