Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there are major objections, I'm going to clean him up, fix his skin texture and get him ready for molding! Same for Bale/Wayne. I'll post photos of the finished sculpts prior to molding.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

I'm a customer for life! I might even commission a likeness of me in 1/6 scale. I'll just plop that sculpt onto the HT Batman figure and my dreams will have come true ...

"I'm Batman!!!"

Thanks for all your efforts, Chris!

Keith

Cool, I'm on the list for one:joy

Can't wait to see how version 2 comes out, I might have to get that one too.

again, excellent work, Chris!

Ahh Yes! My paint tools are waiting ;-). Awesome work Buddy.

Chris

I'm itching to see your paint work on this sculpt too. It will be a glorious day when I pop that painted sculpt onto the HT body.

Thanks buddy! You can check out another one of my preliminary paint jobs of Joker here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170&page=20&highlight=kuato

VERY, VERY cool paint job, Chris!!! Depending on the look, I think I would want my head with a little less black around the eyes and more dark, dark gray ... almost black but not so harsh. Does that make sense? Also, the flesh tones might be a little more 'feathered' to show more of a smearing effect with the white face paint as opposed to hard/fine lines.

I hope that makes sense. It's tough for me to be constructive and it not sound like criticizing. By ALL means, no criticism is intended! :rolleyes:

I am SOOOO looking forwarding to the entire set of TDK sculpts coming ... starting with my three from this thread. :banana

Again, great work from both Chris' !!!

VERY, VERY cool paint job, Chris!!! Depending on the look, I think I would want my head with a little less black around the eyes and more dark, dark gray ... almost black but not so harsh. Does that make sense? Also, the flesh tones might be a little more 'feathered' to show more of a smearing effect with the white face paint as opposed to hard/fine lines.

I hope that makes sense. It's tough for me to be constructive and it not sound like criticizing. By ALL means, no criticism is intended! :rolleyes:

I am SOOOO looking forwarding to the entire set of TDK sculpts coming ... starting with my three from this thread. :banana

Again, great work from both Chris' !!!

Makes perfect sense :). Check out a little touch up I did to skin and eyes
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170&page=20&highlight=kuato

Les had a great idea on his custom Joker thread, where he angled the neck for a slouching look. Would that be a possibility for those of us who wanted a neck adapted for the Hot Toys body? This is, of course, if it's also okay with Les too.

Thanks. It's not that much actually there. But does it take forever to make it work!

Anyway, JUST GOT IN MY HOT TOYS JOKER...
So...
My turn to compare it with mine for your info.

One of my unpainted heads with the HT one down flat, with the HT adaptor between them (that came with the HT Joker) that does indeed work for both. Either head works on a HT figure, or on Dragon or other bodies with the right kind of neck posts.

HTwFMLhead5.jpg

Note that my head has a neck angle that is angled back more...this is to accomodate what I call the Joker Slouch. It allows his head to set more forward in poses, leaning his head more forward, like Ledger always seemed to do, and less straight up like most headsculpts allow for, including the HT one.

HTwFMLhead4.jpg

Here is my head on a HT body, loosely placed, but you can see the slight slouch in it more now...

HTwFMLhead1.jpg

HTwFMLhead3.jpg

And more straight on...

HTwFMLhead2.jpg

Cool figure, the HT, but I will add my comments on it in the HT Joker thread.
Just wanted to show you guys that my head does indeed fit the HT body.
I will probably make one in future for my HT figure, an interrogation version most likely.

Not sure what version I will use the HT head for yet....will repaint it when time allows.

Here is Joker 1 cleaned up. Ready for molding in the A.M. The closeup is to show skin texture

Hey Kicked in, my Joker doesn't have quite the neck angle of Les' but it's not the stock straight neck you see in most heads. I'll angle the bottom slightly to help the effect a bit.

Anyway, here ya go:

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

Awesome, you are very gifted my friend. I just loved watching the whole progress for this, very exciting. Look very much forward to see the first finish product painted and all.:joy

And here is Bale/Wayne cleaned up. I tried to subtly push the slight grin and eye twinkle. I hope that comes across.

Other than a slight application of a little solvent with a soft brush to harmonize the texture a bit, he's ready for molding too!

Once I've got the molds done I'll jump on the licking joker.

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

Damn! How did I miss this thread?

Amazing work Chris, I'm in love with that Joker sculpt. Probably the best original Joker sculpt yet! Blows Hot Toys' effort out of the water that's for sure. I know its a bit late but I might be interested in the 'extra creepy' version but I'm on vacation for the rest of the week...

Superb Wayne sculpt as well, that slight grin suits his playboy character perfectly!

Keep up the great work Mr Howes :D

Both look amazing! The Joker sculpt is way ahead of either HT or DCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back