Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing!

Only thing I have to comment on is the central strand of hair on his forehead. A bit distracting to me, esp when it will be painted green. Personally, I would push it further to the side. May just be specific to me though. :)

Great job! I noticed you even gave him his pierced ear! Details!

As for the hair, I think (his) right side is just a *tiny* bit too much in the back. It is sticking about a bit more than I remember in the film. The left sides needs to be a bit longer on the top. Again, I think something like Hot Toys hair seems to have captured the look the best.

Other than that though, I can't complain!

I figured it out now I think his right side of his hair looks too slicked/combed back and not poofy. but I might be on crack it looks great man!!

Nice work Chris. Looks pretty spot on to me. Needs more hair over his left ear it seems. Too bad tendrils can't be cast for loose bits. But otherwise, looks amazing.

Nice work Chris. Looks pretty spot on to me. Needs more hair over his left ear it seems. Too bad tendrils can't be cast for loose bits. But otherwise, looks amazing.

You know, I thought about that, but to keep the cost reasonable I kept it all together. Being just one guy doing all the work by hand makes it tough. But I would love to see some air between tendrils and skin. But I'd have to charge $50-$60 for a single copy at least. A bit rich.... Maybe a special edition down the road for the discerning collector?

I'm tweaking the hair, adding a little here and there. When you see it don't let the color throw you, I'm using some other softer wax for these last details.

looks incredible. absolutely incredible. no i have the hard job of trying to decide how to have these painted. keep up the good work fellas. can't wait to see what you pair do in future.

A few touches here and there will make a huge difference. It's a little too slick, making him look more well-groomed than he should be. I think the sculpt would benefit from a little more flare on the sides and a few more strands "pushed" from the front to the sides. Each update is a step closer to perfection, though!

Last edited:
thats pretty amazing makes me wonder why HT sold theirs with a head anyway with sculps like this available

Well, I took all the comments into consideration and decided to rework the hair a bit. I added some bulk here and there and reworked the tendrils to a more pleasing arrangement.

As Les mentioned, it would be nice to make the tendrils of hair in front as loose pieces cast separately and attached later so as to allow them to hang more realistically. But that would up the cost of the resin copies due to all the extra work.

So I came up with a compromise. Note in the closeup that you can see a gap between one tendril and the face. This adds a nice dimension and realism but won't mold as is. It would "trap" in the silicone. So I will web the gap with a paper thin membrane which will be removed with an X-acto knife on each resin. This will allow the liquid resin to flow properly and will avoid trapping the resin in the mold. A little more work but it will yield a nice effect.

Also added a little to the forehead as I noticed it was a little off.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied at this point.

Unless there are major objections, I'm going to clean him up, fix his skin texture and get him ready for molding! Same for Bale/Wayne. I'll post photos of the finished sculpts prior to molding.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

Nice!!! It seemed like there was too much forehead showing in the previous pics, but I wasn't sure. It looks perfect now that the hairline is moved down a bit. Thanks for taking the time to add in the gap too. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final sculpt painted.

thats amazing the hair comes out of the forehead really good ive got my paypal account set up im gonna have to pm you in the morning coz i wanna watch the olyimpics now

looks amazing Chris!! One question - do you think that there needs to be more hair strands? In that i mean that it looks like the hair is clumping a bit too much - can you simply remove clay in lines with a very sharp tool to give the illusion of more strands of hair?

not sure if i'm making sense...

Chris - I love the revisions you made. I think I speak for most (if not all) that we really appreciate the extra miles you are taking to give us the best rendition. Kudos.

Wow! That turned out very nice! I definitely want one of those.

Awesome Chris. Do not think there can be anymore that needs to be done. Looks great, put it through to finalization. Now I can't wait to see one off these bad boys painted. Thank You very much for your time, I believe it paid off nicely.:joy:banana:rotfl:wacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back