DAMTOYS 78084 Operation Red Wings -NAVY SEALS SDV TEAM 1 Corpsman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I checked out the site you are talking about and they have some pretty old figures in the "Best Sellers" section they are out of stock but shouldn't this have been updated? one of the figures is from TBleague from 2018 has it been sitting there without being updated or what? definitely strange.

EDIT checking it out more I've noticed they have a listing for a TBleague figure that was literally canceled and the name for the company on the site is still Phicen which they don't go by anymore and have not for some time. I also can't find any posts about this store on google going to any 1/6 discussion page and this is the first I've heard of them. I think it would be best to AVOID this site, there are a lot of question marks with this store, but who knows maybe someone has more insight to provide.
Wow...doing the lord's work here. Thank you for this...I don't think I would have been so thorough that I would have caught that. That's definitely a massive red flag and definitely a reason not to order from this place. I had never heard of this place once which was why I wanted to ask for an opinion, I'm glad I did. I'll see if anyone else has any experience but based on this I feel comfortable closing that tab on my browser. Thank you!!

I've already received the "radioman" figure and have the "sniper" on pre-order as well. Unfortunately, I missed out on the original "team leader" figure, as I wasn't aware of the line until rather fairly recently. So I will most likely have to cobble up a version from loose parts, as secondary market prices are nuts.

I've already received the "radioman" figure and have the "sniper" on pre-order as well. Unfortunately, I missed out on the original "team leader" figure, as I wasn't aware of the line until rather fairly recently. So I will most likely have to cobble up a version from loose parts, as secondary market prices are nuts.
Same boat I'm in. I believe we discussed this elsewhere, but in case I'm wrong, I'm just going to be patient on the Murphy figure. I'm going to be diligent in looking for one for a good price and if I find one I'll pull the trigger. The other three guys will have to hold down the fort until then.

Same boat I'm in. I believe we discussed this elsewhere, but in case I'm wrong, I'm just going to be patient on the Murphy figure. I'm going to be diligent in looking for one for a good price and if I find one I'll pull the trigger. The other three guys will have to hold down the fort until then.
Yep, I'm sure we both mentioned that previously. For a fairly recently released figure (within a year or two, at the most) I'm really surprised that it is not more readily available.

I have the "medic" ordered through MonkeyDepot. I'm not sure how quick they are to ship once it is released.

And I was in the same boat that you guys have mentioned. I saw someone selling the "team leader" on a facebook group for a decent price and jumped on it. It was just luck really. The other figures had just started to go up for pre-order.

the leader seems like it was released a while ago, like several years. hopefully they do a re-release since the rest of the team seems to be popular.

The production run of the figures is nowhere near the high numbers from years ago.

The production runs of most figures nowadays barely hit 1,000 units (if that) unlike from prior years.

Once it's gone, it's gone. Rare/seldom for another production run of virtually anything/everything unless the brand/manufacturer have a legitimate/real need/want for it along with production capacity.

I'm noticing certain brands are doing small production runs based on initial pre-order numbers. If they truly sell out and distributors/vendors definitely want more, then another small production run is done scheduled for later in the year compared to producing X amount all up front.

Production runs are really that small? I didn’t think it was much higher than 1,000 but didn’t think it’d be quite that low either.

Production runs are really that small? I didn’t think it was much higher than 1,000 but didn’t think it’d be quite that low either.
--

Yep.

It varies by brand/manufacturer along with what's being produced.

Production runs are lower than 1,000 at times. Boxed figures can reach 1,000 and above from time to time, but nowhere near say 10,000 units, 5,000 units, 4,000 units, 3,000 units.

I learned the preceding from vendors over the years.

That is truly surprising news to me. 1000 units seems like the profit margin would be extremely slim, if not a losing amount.

I would have expected at least 3000 as a bare minimum. But with military figures, I can see smaller releases, as much of the gear can be reused in subsequent figures.

That is truly surprising news to me. 1000 units seems like the profit margin would be extremely slim, if not a losing amount.

I would have expected at least 3000 as a bare minimum. But with military figures, I can see smaller releases, as much of the gear can be reused in subsequent figures.
--

When I first learned of how production numbers decreased across all brands/manufacturers compared to the heydays of say 1998 through roughly 2010, I too was surprised.

Of all the 1:6 brands/manufacturers, I believe HT production numbers are still sizeable compared to others, but nowhere near what they were during "better times".

It may not necessarily make sense to collectors like ourselves, but that is the new reality when it comes to the manufacturing of 1:6 figures right, wrong, and indifferent.

Exceptions do occur from time to time, but they're limited.

--

When I first learned of how production numbers decreased across all brands/manufacturers compared to the heydays of say 1998 through roughly 2010, I too was surprised.

Of all the 1:6 brands/manufacturers, I believe HT production numbers are still sizeable compared to others, but nowhere near what they were during "better times".

It may not necessarily make sense to collectors like ourselves, but that is the new reality when it comes to the manufacturing of 1:6 figures right, wrong, and indifferent.

Exceptions do occur from time to time, but they're limited.
After thinking about it, It now makes perfect sense. One example I found is with Asmus's "Lord of the Rings" figures. They released the "Grishnakh" figure some years ago and apparently sold out. I missed it at that time but several years later, they offered him for sale again on their website. I quickly ordered one and when it arrived, I was surprised to see that it was a numbered edition, limited to just 1500. There have been several of their figures that have had the same edition size. It still seems such a small number to tool up but I guess it is profitable enough to do. Obviously, the main characters will have a larger number made.

By the way, "Grishnakh" is really a very cool figure and one of the very few orcs released in the line, so far...

The "Corpsman" has reached Minas Miami and should be delivered tomorrow!

I will finally have the three "Red Wing" Navy SEALs but unfortunately, not the Team Leader that was the initial release. I ran some numbers on buying a second "Sniper" figure and picking up some loose TL parts to convert him and the cost is not pretty.

Figure arrived today and it's another great release from Damtoys.

Head sculpt is even better in hand. The gear/kit, uniform and accessories are typical DamToys quality.

Red Wing Corpsman.jpg

Hey guys,
Someone ordered the "DAMTOYS 78084 1/6 Operation Red Wings NAVY SEALS SDV TEAM 1 Corpsman" from KGH??

I have 0 news about it, they didn't sent me my invoice (and as always, they didn't answered to my emails.....)

I seen that OSK and Giantoys received it, but what about KGH??

Thanks

Back