DAMTOYS 78069 Operation Red Wings NAVY SEALS SDV TEAM 1 Team Leader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The first release in Dam Toys "Operation Red Wings - Navy SEALs SDV Team" series of four figures was 78069, depicting the the Team Leader.

The figure is based on Lt Michael P. Murphy who was killed in action during the mission in Afghanistan, where they had deployed to do surveillance and take out the Taliban leader, Ahmad Shah. In the course of their mission, they were spotted by goatherders and the team decided to let them go, knowing that their mission was compromised. Unfortunately, they ended up alerting a group of Taliban fighters and a terrible battle ensued. The SEALs were outnumbered and outgunned and only Marcus Luttrell survives the battle.

Luttrell was eventually rescued and several years afterwards wrote a book called "Lone Survivor" which depicted the battle and his own incredible experiences afterwards. The book was eventually made into a film. Actor Taylor Kitsch portrayed Michael Murphy in the film.

Needless to say, the figure is another amazing winner from Dam Toys.

DT-Team Leader 5.jpg

DT-Team Leader 1.jpg

DT-Team Leader 2.jpg

DT-Team Leader 3.jpg

DT-Team Leader 4.jpg

As I previously mentioned in the "Sniper" thread, I was late to the party and this figure is no longer available from the usual retailers. Secondary market prices are close to $400 at this time and even though I have the other three figures and need just this one, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.

My alternative plan was to build my own "Team Leader" utilizing available parts and after researching what would be needed, I decided to move forward with the plan.

I started with another boxed "Sniper" as the foundation, as it brings most of what is required for the TL. I then picked up several loose items to pretty much replicate the TL and all came well under the crazy prices that the original boxed figure is currently going for.

The extra items ordered were the following:

- Asolo FSN 95 Boots (Radio Operator)
- M4 with M203 grenade launcher (Radio Operator)
- Backpack (Corpsman)
- PT Protection Helmet w/TAV Mount (Radio Operator)
- MLCS Rhodesian Recon Vest (Corpsman)
- Mechanix Gloves (Team Leader)
- Team Leader head sculpt (Team Leader)

Fortunately, most of the above items were available from the other three figures recently released.

Hopefully this will prove helpful for those of you also missing the Team Leader.

Last edited:
Back