DAMTOYS 78085 Operation Red Wings NAVY SEALS SDV TEAM 1 Sniper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I received this figure just today and didn't find a thread already set up for it.

I took a very quick look and it is another homerun from DAMTOYS. They are really becoming a leader in the 1/6 military figure genre. Their only negative is that their pricing has gotten comparable to Hot Toys and unlike Hot Toys, there is no apparent license fee(s) inflating the final MSRP. In my case, ordering directly from HK is currently the only way to keep these affordable.

In any case, I now have the Sniper and the Radioman in house, with the Corpsman in route. The Team Leader is still a most wanted figure, in order to complete the team. If I can't obtain the TL, I'm thinking of picking up a second Sniper and update with some loose parts, as close as possible.

5c382f0f00c5e6e967dd7baaf394ce34e1a630e2.jpeg

fd713a151b432a149dd7cbae667663d42b7f0a7b.jpeg

e3f2b4e20059381f93a121d01c698663290082d5.jpeg

fe581cb0c4038d30cf1da36647e5e4341a75b800.jpeg

My figure...
damtoys red wings sniper 1.jpg

damtoys red wings sniper 2.jpg

I've been looking for the Team Leader ever since I came across this "Red Wings" set being released and having missed out on it, I couldn't bring myself to pay the crazy secondary market prices. I finally decided to build my own after researching what would be needed. I started with another boxed "Sniper" as the foundation, as it brings most of what is required for the TL. I then picked up several loose items to pretty much replicate the TL and all came well under the crazy prices out there for the original boxed figure.

The extra items ordered were the following:

- Asolo FSN 95 Boots (Radio Operator)
- M4 with M203 grenade launcher (Radio Operator)
- Backpack (Corpsman)
- PT Protection Helmet w/TAV Mount (Radio Operator)
- MLCS Rhodesian Recon Vest (Corpsman)
- Mechanix Gloves (Team Leader)
- Team Leader head sculpt (Team Leader)

Fortunately, most of the above items were available from one of the other three figures recently released.

Hopefully this will prove helpful for those of you also missing the Team Leader.

Well, I think I finally have all of the extra items in-house to convert my second Sniper into the Team Leader.

I'll find the Team Leader thread (or create a new one, if none exists) and update there, keeping this thread for the Sniper figure, which is fantastic. (as is the entire line.)

Last edited:
That's a great looking figure.

I was looking at Monkey Depot today off chance and I just realized that to get all four of the squad from Lone Survivor would hover near 1000 dollars total.

Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful figures, it's just kind of staggering. Also it looks like MD only had three of them, so if the 4th is hovering with a secondary market only price spike, who knows where that will go.

Just gleaning it, I wonder how easily one could kitbash these figures from other sets. Obviously wouldn't be as nice, but maybe cheaper depending on what people have on hand in their gear boxes. Before I left the hobby, I remember ACE released an SPR and DML Jason from the modern line had one.

Looks like the carbine could be replicated with BBI Raider's rifle. The plate carrier looks like BBI Trident's is a closer approximation, hard to tell. I know Toy Soldier made a few rigs like that.

Someone taught me how to tea dye 3 colors a long time ago.

Guess it's time to win the Power Ball.

IIRC, it's been a while since I read the book, that Axe was blinded at some point. That he was surrounded, cut off and couldn't see. Very tragic.

That's a great looking figure.

I was looking at Monkey Depot today off chance and I just realized that to get all four of the squad from Lone Survivor would hover near 1000 dollars total.

Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful figures, it's just kind of staggering. Also it looks like MD only had three of them, so if the 4th is hovering with a secondary market only price spike, who knows where that will go.

Just gleaning it, I wonder how easily one could kitbash these figures from other sets. Obviously wouldn't be as nice, but maybe cheaper depending on what people have on hand in their gear boxes. Before I left the hobby, I remember ACE released an SPR and DML Jason from the modern line had one.

Looks like the carbine could be replicated with BBI Raider's rifle. The plate carrier looks like BBI Trident's is a closer approximation, hard to tell. I know Toy Soldier made a few rigs like that.

Someone taught me how to tea dye 3 colors a long time ago.

Guess it's time to win the Power Ball.

IIRC, it's been a while since I read the book, that Axe was blinded at some point. That he was surrounded, cut off and couldn't see. Very tragic.

Yes, our 1/6 figure hobby has gotten way too expensive.

I will say that if you pre-order the figures, you will definitely get a better price. I pre-ordered them all from Giantoy and they were priced less, shipped free and no tax.

Back