D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man just 2 weeks after Prowse :(
Mr. Bulloch you will be missed... Rest In Peace.

98C433B2-7130-46C8-9F96-454549EDB5A4.jpeg

Great shot! So jealous of those stormie buckets.
Boba looks great as well. He's next on my to-do list to customize after I finish my current projects. :)

Thanks! My Fetts have been on the mod-list for a longest time, which reminds me to go back to hunting down an ESB Medicom bucket to try and puzzle a better looking helmet together.
I think i already commented, but i'll say it again... Your Emperor came out so good :rock

You have done some great work on both the figures and the photography!

If i may offer a petty criticism of your Marshall Cobb. I rememberer watching that episode how odd he looked in the armor and how much longer his torso looked in relation to the chest plates and how he wore his belt. I know it would be a pain to do, but one would need to mod a torso to recreate that look.

Like i said, it's a petty criticism, especially when everything else is do well done!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You have done some great work on both the figures and the photography!

If i may offer a petty criticism of your Marshall Cobb. I rememberer watching that episode how odd he looked in the armor and how much longer his torso looked in relation to the chest plates and how he wore his belt. I know it would be a pain to do, but one would need to mod a torso to recreate that look.

Like i said, it's a petty criticism, especially when everything else is do well done!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Criticism welcome and I totally agree but it is difficult. Initially I added peg extenders to make his legs look lankier and then raised the helmet to show off more neck - doesn?t help that most Fett helmets are way too long. It looked better but also made him too tall and out of scale. I also thought about dremeling the body down but then the outfit would be too baggy (I have no sewing skills). So I found a happy medium... just outfit on bare body to keep him as skinny as possible. I?ve worked with him on a show for a couple seasons, real cool dude, and he is an abnormally skinny guy :lol

Fantastic work!! You really nailed it!

Thanks, James!

Thanks! My Fetts have been on the mod-list for a longest time, which reminds me to go back to hunting down an ESB Medicom bucket to try and puzzle a better looking helmet together.
I think i already commented, but i'll say it again... Your Emperor came out so good :rock

Get ready, Fett is a LOT of work. nearly every aspect/part can be addressed and modified in some way. The helmet is the toughest part. Lots of work if you go the Matrix69 route, which yields the best results in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get ready, Fett is a LOT of work. nearly every aspect/part can be addressed and modified in some way. The helmet is the toughest part. Lots of work if you go the Matrix69 route, which yields the best results in my opinion.

No doubt... HENCE why i have been most reluctant to tackling that madness :lol
The helmet is the main piece i want to do, but i'm sure if i dive deep enough i might end up looking for all those printed greeblies hehe.

Yes Matrix has done a spectacular job but you also have a bunch of high detail custom additions as well. Both tough acts to follow though highly inspirational :D

My plan is still to rework the HT sculpt by repositioning and resculpting some parts and narrowing the visor. I started it some time last year but stopped, as I became too afraid to mess up something I couldn't take back. That kind of became a mental block to continue on him though. After wrapping up my current projects which are almost done, I feel the time has now come to restart Boba.
I want to really tackle him fully, including retailoring the bodysuit. I have a medicom Boba for parts as well, luckily got that cheap just before the HT version started shipping.
It's going to be quite a fun project I think. But it does feel overwhelming at times, yeah, because there are so many things to do. Divide and conquer I guess.
Really looking forward to what you do with the helmet, DR.

My plan is still to rework the HT sculpt by repositioning and resculpting some parts and narrowing the visor. I started it some time last year but stopped, as I became too afraid to mess up something I couldn't take back. That kind of became a mental block to continue on him though. After wrapping up my current projects which are almost done, I feel the time has now come to restart Boba.
I want to really tackle him fully, including retailoring the bodysuit. I have a medicom Boba for parts as well, luckily got that cheap just before the HT version started shipping.
It's going to be quite a fun project I think. But it does feel overwhelming at times, yeah, because there are so many things to do. Divide and conquer I guess.
Really looking forward to what you do with the helmet, DR.

After some quick searches this past week I can?t find any ESB Marmit or Medi Fett helmets. I was thinking of just picking up the figure but a seems like all Fett figures have skyrocketed in price :gah: I wonder why? :lol
I think I might take a stab at what you?re doing. I have a few SSC & HT helmets, SSC & Medi gauntlets... try and see what I can plan out. I?ll probably start with messing with the padded suit on my ESB Fett considering he?s all stock with a bit of foam I stuffed in his flight suit pockets and go from there.
Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish with yours!

The 1/144 Slave I i did about 5 yrs back.
Not really a custom figure and much smaller than 1/6.

Would love for Bandai to release a PG 1/72 like they did with the Falcon and still surprised they haven't revealed a Razor Crest by now!
Hopefully with the more recent Fett hype they will release a 1/72 version :pray:

SlaveI.1.jpg

SlaveI.2.jpg

SlaveI.3.jpg

SlaveI.4.jpg

SlaveI.5.jpg

SlaveI.6.jpg

SlaveI.8.Bottom.Rear.jpg

Awesome work! And I always loved how Boba matched his ship colors to his armor/outfit. What matchy little thing he was.:lol

After some quick searches this past week I can?t find any ESB Marmit or Medi Fett helmets. I was thinking of just picking up the figure but a seems like all Fett figures have skyrocketed in price :gah: I wonder why? :lol
I think I might take a stab at what you?re doing. I have a few SSC & HT helmets, SSC & Medi gauntlets... try and see what I can plan out. I?ll probably start with messing with the padded suit on my ESB Fett considering he?s all stock with a bit of foam I stuffed in his flight suit pockets and go from there.
Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish with yours!

I threw together this comparison last year of the HT helmet vs screenshot, perhaps this gives you some inspiration. While the lens and angle used might be slightly different, I think it shows off quite well what's wrong with the HT helmet.
The second shot shows my first mods, though there's still much to be done. Resculpting the cheeks will be most challenging, no idea if I'll be able to pull that off. :dunno Just looking at these shots again makes me anxious about all the work needed, let alone painting everything afterwards... I really wish somebody would just come along and make an accurate custom 3d print. :lol

Boba Fett helmet comparison2.jpg

Boba Fett helmet comparison3.jpg

Great job on that Slave 1 paint by the way!

Thanks... when i was a kid i initially thought his ship was just a giant version of his helmet he flew around in :lol

Awesome work! And I always loved how Boba matched his ship colors to his armor/outfit. What matchy little thing he was.:lol
Haha I was thinking the same thing yesterday..

Thank you...
Nice work so far :)
Bumping the ears forward looks good and gonna be some fun work getting reworking the cheeks. I had many grueling sessions with the trooper buckets and i can foresee the many passes it'll take to get the sharp angles of Fett's bucket to look right! :slap

Someone needs to get a proper scan of one of the builder's ESB buckets on the Dented Helmet (ex. Wasted Fett's Fugly)... scale down to 1/6, print and sell - easy peasy :monkey3

I threw together this comparison last year of the HT helmet vs screenshot, perhaps this gives you some inspiration. While the lens and angle used might be slightly different, I think it shows off quite well what's wrong with the HT helmet.
The second shot shows my first mods, though there's still much to be done. Resculpting the cheeks will be most challenging, no idea if I'll be able to pull that off. :dunno Just looking at these shots again makes me anxious about all the work needed, let alone painting everything afterwards... I really wish somebody would just come along and make an accurate custom 3d print. :lol

View attachment 502110

View attachment 502111

Great job on that Slave 1 paint by the way!

Back