Custom questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the nudes supposed to look like Natalie Portman, Hayden C., and Samuel L. Jackson or is that just a coincidence?

Triad

About as much coincidence as this one looking a bit like Trinity...

rider2.jpg

Or this one looking a bit like Lucy Liu...

10668.jpg

Or this one like Keira Knightley...

10635.jpg

But the heads that come with the Triad bodies will be different ones. As far as I know, the Hayden and Natalie and Samuel sculpts will not be offered. And none of the heads posted here are available. They were all Louie's creations, but only two were offered (briefly) through Triad. As he develops from customizer into real business owner, Louie will be limiting his efforts to licenses he can actually obtain, or to original designs. He seems to be leaning more toward originals, and partnering with more established companies to distribute other companies' licensed works.

Is there a specific website for ordering the Triad bodies? When's the timeline for when they're released? (thanks for all the info)

Here's the Triad Website, but like I said, you're more likely to hear it first in the General Junque forum at Men With Dolls. Louie is a member there and posts as "CustomDawg." That was his customizing handle, and his personal site is https://www.dawgestyle.com/. He's sometimes remiss about updating the sites -- for example, Triad shows the Keira figure (it's actually a head and a costume and you BYOB) as available, but it's been sold out quite a while.

If you do buy something from Triad, sign up for the newsletter. It goes out infrequently, but it'll give you first shot at whatever's new.

I think the EVA and EVO bodies are now slated for April. In the meantime, he's selling bodies from a company called Soldier's Story at a very reasonable price.

Addendum: Triad's Forum releases news before the main site does. You can also access it through the "Triad Society" link on the main page of the Triad site.

Last edited:
Triad's newsletter is actually pretty cool... I just got one a few days ago about the Mayan Base they put out. Pretty nice too, might actually try and score one just in case SSC ever puts out an Indy. :lol

I'm really looking forward to the new bodies just for a few customs I have coming down the pipeline. Six from BSG mainly... Would be nice to have a realistic body to use.

It's nice to see the realistic proportions, and I'm titillated by the tits, I must say. Nice to see a real rack for once.

Customikey said:
NUBBINS!!!!!

And it helps that they're on a Natalie Portman lookalike.

Gruff Old Bear, I can't thank you enough for the fantastic info and websites--- I've been reading them voraciously and there are some wonderful points of interest for this newbie to customizing...

Thanks very much for being so helpful... This is what a collecting COMMUNITY should be all about.

Question for the veterans--- I just received my Hasbro Slave Leia today as well as the Dragon body that I'm going to use. Could someone graciously fill this newbie customizer onto the proper way to carefully remove the Hasbro head (and subsequently the Dragon head) without causing damage? Your help is much appreciated.

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and "popped" them--- I didn't want to use the boil and pop method but they came off fairly easily by hand...

Guys, I plan to do a custom General Kenobi in his clone armour. What I need would probably be the 12" ROTS Clone trooper, BBi body and a sideshow obi wan Head. My question is:

1. Are the 3 components compatible with each other?
2. How can I remove the leg of the clone trooper as I forsee the ball jointed ankle will pose a problem, so does the ball jointed wrist.
3. Is the sideshow head compatible with the neck post of the Hasbro?

Any advice?

DarthciPan, i idont have any of the answers you're after there..... but that's a great idea for a custom, I've wanted to do it myself for a while.... one of those 'never got round to' things I guess

can't wait to see yours if you get it done!

Darren

hunky_artist said:
DarthciPan, i idont have any of the answers you're after there..... but that's a great idea for a custom, I've wanted to do it myself for a while.... one of those 'never got round to' things I guess

can't wait to see yours if you get it done!

Darren

Thanks Darren :) I got the idea to do the custom when I saw another General Kenobi ain cloine armor over the onesixthwarrior.com.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?p=483164#post483164

It looks so cool! Can't wait to get started. Would be cool to have the re-sculpted obi wan head from you for the custom :D . No pressure there, take your time darren :lol

Last edited:
darthCipan said:
Would be cool to have the re-sculpted obi wan head from you for the custom :D . No pressure there, take your time darren :lol

:lol I'm working, I'm working!!

Back