Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Dredd finally gets pants!

Amazing! Very inspirational. The de-construction and construction of the outfit is very cool.
Thanks Jack D! :hi5:

Those pants... I can't even begin to understand how you accomplished those :huh
Thanks galactiboy! :hi5:

Do the motorcycle pants restrict articulation much? Was thinking that if they do, then instead of the suede accent, using a stretch fabric may be better (as the original pants were likely made with)

I'll post some pictures in a bit of him posed. Definitely doesn't have full articulation, but not as restrictive as you'd expect. The way the knee pads are mounted - along with the tailoring to match the movie suit; allows for full articulation of the knees. And I've made the pants with slack in two areas to allow for more articulation: 1) Waist area, and 2) Crotch. Avoiding the skintight look was something I planned from the beginning. Not only is it restrictive, but not accurate to the movie. Dredd's profile in the movie wasn't slim and streamlined. It was the opposite: bulky and imposing.

Thanks guys! The boots are just about finished. I'll post pics soon.

Yur not only good but yur fast too!
Incredible details on the pants!

It's been a mad week at work - so still working on the boots. But managed to make the final knee pads. They fit pretty nicely into the pant leg slots. And still allow freedom of articulation. Dredd has chicken legs in these pics because the boots are missing. Once they're on him - it will all balance out. And don't mind my scuzzy looking keyboard lol.

custom_dredd_figure_posed7a.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_posed8a.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_posed9a.jpg

Last edited:

The Dredd posture is really starting to come out. The boots will polish out the body posture. And once I get a proper Urban head with a longer more erect neck in place of the stubby Dragon head - it should look even better.

I played around with some walking poses to test out the posture and the knee and pant articulation.

custom_dredd_figure_posed.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_posed2.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_posed3.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_posed4.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_posed5.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Final Installed Knee Pads!

I was watching the bluray the other night and I noticed one of the scenes with Judge Lex - that he had an additional layer of padding underneath his shoulder pieces. You see it in the scene where he's standing over the wounded Dredd. The padding looks like it raises the shoulder pieces a good 2 or three inches. I re-watched other scenes with Dredd and other judges and realized they all had this extra padding.

So I went back and added foam padding to my Dredd's shoulders to raise it the equivalent of 2 or 3 inches.

Makes a huge difference.

custom_dredd_figure_posed10.jpg

Just incredible !!!

Thanks pcleemake! :hi5:

I completely forgot the tether between the gun holster and the utility belt. Just finished it. You can see it in the second pic below.

custom_dredd_figure_posed11.jpg

Looks so real at this point!

Thanks vareika! He's coming along. Hoping to get the boots done this weekend. Then all that is left is the HS and gloved hands.

A very small but visually significant change to Dredd's helmet. I rounded off the front surface of the crest on the top of the helmet. It was too boxy and flat on the front before. Caught the light completely wrong. I also thinned down the thickness profile so that it doesn't protrude so much from the base of the helmet. Amazed at what a big difference it made.

custom_dredd_figure_helmet18.jpg

This is just amazing. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Thanks Sandworms on Saturn! :wave All I can say for now is to stay tuned if you are interested in getting one. Thanks for looking :)

Thanks Sandworms on Saturn! :wave All I can say for now is to stay tuned if you are interested in getting one. Thanks for looking :)

:horror.

One of the greatest custom figures I have ever seen done. The attention to detail and craftsmanship can't be topped. :clap:clap:clap

Wow! Just outstanding work, just flippin' outstanding! I'm part of a FB group making 1/1 Dredd suits and I just love your attention to detail!!

Totally sick man! The bulk and size of the armor/suit looks perfect in those walking shots.

Back