Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Final Installed Knee Pads!

:horror.

One of the greatest custom figures I have ever seen done. The attention to detail and craftsmanship can't be topped. :clap:clap:clap
Thanks qbomb71! :hi5:

Great detail on the Dredd figure. I got my head in but havent even started on mine yet!
Thanks Punishment1218! :hi5:

Totally sick man! The bulk and size of the armor/suit looks perfect in those walking shots.
Thanks as always senbi575! :hi5:

Wow! Just outstanding work, just flippin' outstanding! I'm part of a FB group making 1/1 Dredd suits and I just love your attention to detail!!
Thanks Hollis DZC! :wave That's awesome! I'm actually thinking about getting a hold of a 1:1 Dredd helmet. I actually visit this one prop replica forum that has a bunch of guys making Dredd pieces as reference. I really dig the kind of deconstruction mindset that goes into figuring out how to best recreate props.

Thanks for checking out my Dredd :hi5:

Finally just finished Dredd's boots. It took a while because I wanted to include the distinctive details like the spur-like metal protrusions on the back, the toe caps, and of course the shin guards. All made from scratch.

Here are some quick shots of Dredd in the new boots. I'll take more pictures tomorrow. I'll also add the six clasps.

custom_dredd_figure_boots.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Finished Moto Boots!

A little less lens distortion in these shots.
custom_dredd_figure_boots5.jpg

Last edited:

Sooooooo good...too good....

Very cool Tin... so are the boots completely scratch-built, or did you adapt something?

:hi5:Thanks galactiboy!

I made the boots from scratch. The sole, toe caps, spurs, and shin guards were sculpted. The body of the boots were fabricated from the same leather as the suit. There's foam padding inside to give it form.

And the clasps are being made out of a combination of sculpey and rubber.

Thanks Levit005! :hi5:

There's actually a leather flap on the front that is missing. I'll attached that when I attach the clasps I'm making.

I've added the six clasps to the boot. Really transforms Dredd's look. Here are some quick pics.

custom_dredd_figure_boots7.jpg

Here are a couple close shots of the boot details.
custom_dredd_figure_boots8.jpg

Last edited:

Dredd striking some poses :wink1:

custom_dredd_figure_boots9.jpg

Just finished the first application of dusting to take some of the shininess out of the leather and to give the suit an overall grit. I may do one or two more coats, but I don't want to over do it. I want to make the suit look like it did just as Dredd enter's Peachtrees - dusty but not like he looks leaving Peachtrees at the end of the movie.

custom_dredd_figure_boots10.jpg

Beyond words.

Back