Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Finished Moto Boots!

Dredd's come a long way in a month.

custom_dredd_figure_boots11.jpg

Hehe :wink1:

dx_poster2.jpg

Last edited:

Wow, almost done!!! Great work

Wow, almost done!!! Great work

Thanks pcleemake! I've been using the HT DX Terminator gloved hands for the prototype - but they're a little too big. Also - Dredd's gloves in the movie had a very distinct cool look with the fingers being a little baggy. So I will try to sculpt a set of hands: holding pistol, right and left fists, and right and left relaxed. If I do the relaxed one right - they can be used to display Dredd putting on or taking off his helmet. We'll see how it goes.

You are such a perfectionist. ;)

Looking great, can't wait to see the new head sculpt on there.

The dusting effect on the suit really comes out under dramatic lighting. You see with these pics how the crappy Dragon head is so chubby looking around the jaw. Can't wait to get rid of it!

custom_dredd_figure_boots12.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_boots13.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_boots14.jpg

Last edited:

custom_dredd_figure_boots15.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_boots16.jpg

Last edited:

Can't wait to see this with your Urban sculpt! At least the Dragon sculpt has a slight frown haha...

Can't wait to see this with your Urban sculpt! At least the Dragon sculpt has a slight frown haha...

He looks sort of like Judge Lex with the Dragon head.

So I'm about half-way done with the first of two Urban HS. And encountered an issue that I wanted to get some input from you guys on:

Although I made the helmet the right size with plenty of clearance inside - it still looks like a properly rendered Urban head will have trouble easily fitting in. I use "easily" because it can be forced in, but the final painted version may mean some messed up paint after a few times.

So here's my Plan B:

I still make 2 heads, but;

1) HEAD A Will be a fully realized Urban head that can be displayed holding the helmet. I can then make this head as nice as I want to without trying to conform it to fit in the helmet. The trouble spots are the ears and the hair.

2) HEAD B will be a head that includes just the jaw area and neck fleshed out to go inside the helmet. This one I can focus on fitting perfectly with the helmet while still being removable.

What do you guys think?

Plan B sounds like a good plan.

Back