Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny Depp got $15,000,000 in damages. Can he buy Sideshow Collectibles or all Depp 1/6 scale figures?

They've been saying this for months now, and claim it's the US law. :unsure:

I think it's been this way for years, but they didn't want it known publicly so as not to alienate international customers.
It's not that it's US law, it's that so many different countries have so many different requirements. Canada allows random giveaways but then requires the winner to pass some kind of skills test or quiz to claim anything, official rules must be filed with a local French Bailiff for participants in France to be eligible, Italian entries must be collected locally in Italy and an Italian public official must select winners, permission for every contest is needed from the Brazillian Ministry of Finance if any participants are to be eligible from Brazil, "chance promotions" ( like random giveaways) are completely prohibited in Belgium, Sweden, and India, and other countries. It's easier for them to limit it to US only than to deal with the extra red tape for the countries that still allow giveaways and to not have to explicitly mention by name all the countries that don't.

That shopping event was a real let down. Was hoping for deals and all we got were buy the things we normally sell!

The live shopping tech was cool though. Would love to see it when real sales are offered.

He should buy up all the Mera merchandise and burn it all.
I was hoping he would buy Sideshow because he appears, from the trial, to be a very generous person letting people live rent-free on his properties. Imagine how many rewards points he would potentially give out. On the other hand, he would probably run Sideshow into the ground because he doesn't appear to be very good at managing his money.:unsure:

I didn't catch that...I started listening in peripherally only, after 6 PM. It was dragging on too long to me...

He gave viewers only one minute, which sucks, because it was harder to answer than the favorite star wars toy question. That was something that was very much talked about and hard to miss if you paid attention. This was minutiae and still probably easy to miss, even for someone who did pay attention. And phrasing it, "How many creatures were in the photo?" instead of "How many Wookies were in the photo?" made it even tougher.

Back